Adam Beasley On Sirius Radio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley On Sirius Radio

I loved the Wilkins pick, but I tend to agree with some of our resident draft experts that doing more to convert that pick into 2 or 3 picks, and address the oline, would have been ideal for this franchise going forward, especially with Rosen and/or the potential 2020 QB.

But it's done now, just like Minkah over James . . . These are damn good, versatile players who will be rocks on this defense for many years to come.
I never get tired of the armchair GM narrative that trading down is automatic. Oh wait I do

None of this really matters. It's all just talk imo. We'll know the real deal soon enough. Not only about how he feels when it comes to the QB's but every other position too.

I never get tired of the armchair GM narrative that trading down is automatic. Oh wait I do

I mean an argument can be made that taking the best OL at 13 over Wilkins would have been the better option for the future of the franchise and it's attempt to develop a franchise QB.

But with the reports that a trade was on the table and we passed, it fuels that fire even more.

I just need productive players. The odd year drafts since 2013 have been a mess, especually the first 2 days. When your best move has been trading a third for a third year WR . . . We have had issues.

Wilkins will be solid for sure, if he can be spectacular . . . Even better.

I mean an argument can be made that taking the best OL at 13 over Wilkins would have been the better option for the future of the franchise and it's attempt to develop a franchise QB.

But with the reports that a trade was on the table and we passed, it fuels that fire even more.

I just need productive players. The odd year drafts since 2013 have been a mess, especually the first 2 days. When your best move has been trading a third for a third year WR . . . We have had issues.

Not sure if there was an offensive lineman who graded higher than Wilkins at that point. But trading for Rosen did mean that Miami missed on some good offensive lineman in round two. Of course, that won't matter if Rosen pans out. If he turns into a quality backup only then it could be debatable.

I think the body language thing is a bit over-blown. Seems to me Flores is just trying to settle Rosen down so he focuses on the next play without negative emotions. Flores has seen many very good QBs that wore their emotions on their sleeves in his lifetime.

Haskins hasn't been lighting up the scoreboard in preseason, he's thrown more int's than TD's. Rosen has actually looked better.

I would not look to far into Flores not "gushing" over Rosen. I think that this is one of the traits he pick up from the Patriots. You ever see Belichick gushing over one of his players? Hell, I think he still tells the media that Brady needs to improve. The only players he gushes over are his opponents on game week.

You are spot on with that Belichik take. He used to cream himself over Landry every game week.

Adam Beasley is an honors graduate of the Omar Kelly school of throwing sh*t at the Miami Dolphins. The local football media (which includes Armando, Omar and Adam) formed the view that Josh Rosen will be a disaster and every single nuance is analyzed in detail to support the case that failure will occur. In this case Adam is effectively sniping at GM Chris Grier for drafting Wilkins ahead of Haskins (BTW - Wilkins looked great the other night). Rather than just reporting how Josh plays, the triumvirate's agenda is to smear, because they like to think that they have superior NFL insight and know better.
Coach Flores is observing first hand that the Miami football media is different to what he saw in New England. Bill Belichick gives absolutely nothing away when answering questions and is treated with respect.

Last edited:

sorry, I guess I never tire of talking out my ass.

Back
Top Bottom