Adam Butler waived | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Butler waived

We need help on th d-line. I'm not sold on John Jenkins as Raekwon Davis' backup. In fact, Raekwon needs to step it up. He had a bad year last year for a guy with his talent and physical prowess.

He really didn’t. Keep in mind that he dinged his knee up pretty good in Week 1 last year. I firmly believe Davis gets some national recognition this year.

He really didn’t. Keep in mind that he dinged his knee up pretty good in Week 1 last year. I firmly believe Davis gets some national recognition this year.

He graded out at 36.5 by PFF, which is awful. Granted, part of his struggles might have been because he was rusty or sore coming back from injury. But going back to his time at Alabama, he was viewed as somewhat of a disappointment after a terrific sophomore season. He reminds me a bit of Daryl Gardener, another Dolphins' draft pick with awesome physical tools that reportedly had an off and on motor. Having said that, if Davis can be half the player Gardener was, I'll be happy. He just seems like he needs a d-line coach that can spur him to be great.

Adam Butler was pretty solid and logged like 50% of the snaps or something similarly significant.

His cap number was too big, though, so maybe they bring him back later. Being as thin as we are, I don’t think the door is closed.

He graded out at 36.5 by PFF, which is awful. Granted, part of his struggles might have been because he was rusty or sore coming back from injury. But going back to his time at Alabama, he was viewed as somewhat of a disappointment after a terrific sophomore season. He reminds me a bit of Daryl Gardener, another Dolphins' draft pick with awesome physical tools that reportedly had an off and on motor. Having said that, if Davis can be half the player Gardener was, I'll be happy. He just seems like he needs a d-line coach that can spur him to be great.

PFF has its uses, but it also has its limitations. Davis is probably one of the best examples of why. He did exactly what he was asked to do by Flores/Boyer, which is occupy multiple blockers and free up LB. He did that exceptionally well. It doesn’t look great, stat-wise, but it sure as hell helps everyone else get theirs.

Tougher cuts are on the way. Get used to the feeling of seeing/hearing about one of your favorite players on another team.

Do you know something we don't? Or is this just pure speculation and you are just making a statement in general? Just asking. I am not sure I am emotionally attached to anyone on this team though. I have some new favorites like Cheetah and Terron Armstead but if they had to then they had to go to be honest.

Preston Williams is as good as gone in my opinion. I thought he had a chance to make the team before he started talking trash during camp.

Do you know something we don't? Or is this just pure speculation and you are just making a statement in general? Just asking. I am not sure I am emotionally attached to anyone on this team though. I have some new favorites like Cheetah and Terron Armstead but if they had to then they had to go to be honest.

Preston Williams is as good as gone in my opinion. I thought he had a chance to make the team before he started talking trash during camp.

Maybe they can trade Preston for a late round pick a lot of WRs are getting hurt like in Denver & Dallas.

He'll get a long look now unless we bring someone in from off the street. Seiler and Davis are both very good, but D-linemen rotate a lot, and Butler was the only backup we had... and he was just a year to year player.
Didn't we sign Benito Jones last year and put him on the PS? I wonder if he can contribute, perhaps NT only.

Didn't we sign Benito Jones last year and put him on the PS? I wonder if he can contribute, perhaps NT only.
Yes, and that's why I think he isn't an answer... like Jenkins, Jones is a pure NT, and that wasn't Butler's role.
Gustin and Goode are SSLB types without the required weight, so the only DE type (who can kick in to a 3 technique tackle) who I see as a possibility is Stille, who is supposedly a poor tackler.
More than ever, I see us drafting DL and Edge players next year... especially if we lose Van Ginkle, as I expect we will.

I'd bring him back once recovered. He was looking pretty good in the last half of the season last year.

Buddy reminded me we still have 3 starters

Sieler, Davis and Wilkins, and Butler had no reason for taking as many reps from Sieler as he did
Butler did, if the coaching staff was already "on the cusp" as to keeping him or not.

The sooner we can identify players who we will not be keeping, the better our chances are for getting in a replacement to get more snaps from now until the season starts from either the remainder of our current roster or from "outside".

We will be shedding many more players near the beginning of the season. Does that mean their playing time in training camp was a waste? I don't think so. There is only one way to examine who we keep and who we cut. I'm sure a lot of the posters here will be agitated by some of the folks we will be dropping and no, I do not know who they all will be.

I do know the coaches are not fulling around and are working, trying to develop all the players here to their full potential in order to be able to make reasonable selections as to who we keep on the team. That's the way it should be. As the team gets better and better, the window of opportunity for new players to make the team will get smaller and smaller.

In many ways, this should be a good thing for fans like us.

I do like the idea of Suh coming back as a rotational dude to give any of the guys a little relief
I don't like that idea.
He's getting older, and I'm not a big fan of paying too much for experience at the increased risk of injury or just normal drop off that is likely to occur for any older, established Vet.

Back
Top Bottom