Adam Butler waived | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Butler waived

I think Stille is a sleeper.
He'll get a long look now unless we bring someone in from off the street. Seiler and Davis are both very good, but D-linemen rotate a lot, and Butler was the only backup we had... and he was just a year to year player.

He'll get a long look now unless we bring someone in from off the street. Seiler and Davis are both very good, but D-linemen rotate a lot, and Butler was the only backup we had... and he was just a year to year player.
Agree. Lets hope someone steps up or they sign a capable backup type.

Buddy reminded me we still have 3 starters

Sieler, Davis and Wilkins, and Butler had no reason for taking as many reps from Sieler as he did

I don't think it's a big loss, guys. He hit career lows in a couple categories. ~Barring injury~, I think we'll be just fine there.

Anyone know the injury? Maybe it was something he shouldn’t have been doing? Surprised, maybe more to the story. Maybe just a Flores guy, and they want people competing now?

This is a tough one. I have been maintaining that we are short at this position, and this just makes it worse.

Yes, he was only a rotational DE/DT tweener, but he logged a significant number of snaps and we didn't really bring in anyone to compete with him but Ben Stille, a UDFA out of Nebraska. For those of you who attend practice, take a long LONG look at Stille and let us know how he looks.
I think you touched on what this might mean…that being that someone is looking good in camp.

I think you touched on what this might mean…that being that someone is looking good in camp.
Let's hope so.

Butler wasn't a high stats player, but he logged a lot of snaps and could likely have started on a number of teams in the NFL.

Really don’t have that third guy in the rotation at D tackle
We still have Jenkins. Question in my mind is would we still have Godchaux had he not been traded for Butler, or would he be gone by other means?

Not sure he had a shot to make it . Thought he would have made it further

We need help on th d-line. I'm not sold on John Jenkins as Raekwon Davis' backup. In fact, Raekwon needs to step it up. He had a bad year last year for a guy with his talent and physical prowess.

Back
Top Bottom