Votes: 19 23.8%
  • no

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Can Hannibel Lector Change His Appetite

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nothing ever changes for the better when it comes to our team

Except in 2016, when we started 1-4 and finished 10-6. People are victims of the moment around here way to much. We are 3-2. Tied for first. We have two home games coming up against average teams. Give me a break with all this self-pity.

A couple of weeks ago I would have for sure said yes. But I'm in the maybe camp. I honestly like Gase, maybe it's the anti Philbin (in general presence not in game day situations where you can see the similarities for sure). I am also conscious of the fact he is still a very young coach. My faith in him has been severely tested these last two weeks, not having his team prepared at all in Boston was totally unacceptable, hitching himself so firmly to Tannehill questions his ability to judge a player in my view. The less said of his play calling the better, he needs to give that up. I think a HC needs to be authoritative and show to everyone it is his team and he's done that but he seems to have gone beyond it to the levels of pig headedness and arrogance.

I say maybe. We have a lot of games left to go. But with this shaky OL it limits the offense we can run.

The offense we have ran so far though.... eh? some good, lots of bad. Throw it in the middle of the field for once. Throw some intermediate routes.

Maybe if we get DVP it helps a little but Idk

His pre-canned response to the Tannehill question (over and over, week after week) is really getting tiresome. "We need to take a look at it" - No **** Capatin Obvious. How many weeks does it take to "take a look at it"? Unreal.

The guy is insane he's talking about losing linemen and they have to do a better job "throwing it"
Does he understand he also has a running game?

A real offensive coordinator would gladly invite them up the field and kill them with plays that take advantage of those undisciplined pass rush.

That's why you run the ball to slow that pass rush down.

Football 101

Last edited:
A stat, at the end of the second quarter, Miami on the Cincy 42 yd line, 3rd and 2, the Phins had 10 running plays for 62 yards and only one was a negative play for 1 yard. There were 16 pass plays and of the 16 pass plays 7 are incompletes. So again, you are on the Cincy 42 yd line 3rd and 2, and you pass.

Just looking at the statistics of what was working, the positive expectation rate was with the running game. My opinion is that the game really turned on this one play. The Phins had a chance to either score 7 or 3, and they had to punt.

Gase does not adjust, he has his system and will not waver, even in the face of hard stats and facts. Think of it like this. You want to buy a new Panamera, you want a turbo model, so you stroll into your Porsche dealer and say, "I'll give $500.00 for the Panamera T sittin there, they laugh, you leave. Now you keep doing this for months everyday, do you think you would ever get that car for that price, NO. It might get you Baker Acted, but you will never get the car.

Mr Gase is the same way, he will not adjust and take the higher statistical probability, because it does not fit his reality.

The Ever It's What We Are Stuck With VIPER

The guy is insane he's talking about losing linemen and they have to do a better job "throwing it"
Does he understand he also has a running game?

A real offensive coordinator would gladly invite them up the field and kill them with plays that take advantage of those undisciplined pass rush.

That's why you run the ball to slow that pass rush down.

Football 101

Give him time....he hasn't digested the books in my sig yet.

how? i'm serious.. how? they gave him control of the 53.. he's saw 2 linemen drop last week, and his answer yesterday was to deactivate Sterup, leaving only turnstile Sam to replace Tunsil; giving himself more questions to answer during the game when he was already spinning from his mistake at quarterback (nice kid, model citizen... no killer instinct)...

show me the silver lining.. please.

Except in 2016, when we started 1-4 and finished 10-6. People are victims of the moment around here way to much. We are 3-2. Tied for first. We have two home games coming up against average teams. Give me a break with all this self-pity.
in what alt-universe is Khalil Mack 'average'?!? and didn't Trubisky just throw 6tds last game?!!

So are you saying there is not a large enough sampling to make a case against Gase?

The Ever Rymin VIPER

in what alt-universe is Khalil Mack 'average'?!? and didn't Trubisky just throw 6tds last game?!!

Hey J, you just had to bring that up, now I got 62-7 back in my head again. Lets see Trubisky with 42, Tannehill giving up 2 pick 6 and a fumble, yup that would do it.

The Ever Flashing Back VIPER

A stat, at the end of the second quarter, Miami on the Cincy 42 yd line, 3rd and 2, the Phins had 10 running plays for 62 yards and only one was a negative play for 1 yard. There were 16 pass plays and of the 16 pass plays 7 are incompletes. So again, you are on the Cincy 42 yd line 3rd and 2, and you pass.

Just looking at the statistics of what was working, the positive expectation rate was with the running game. My opinion is that the game really turned on this one play. The Phins had a chance to either score 7 or 3, and they had to punt.

By that logic, no team should try a bomb on 3rd and short, a fairly common occurrence, if another type of play has been working. And of course, no bombs on 3rd and short if even the standard plays don't work

Back
Top Bottom