• Maybe

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • no

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Can Hannibel Lector Change His Appetite

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
in what alt-universe is Khalil Mack 'average'?!? and didn't Trubisky just throw 6tds last game?!!

Didn't say Mack was average. The Bears are a average team. Trubrisket threw for 6tds IN ONE GAME. Have you watched him In his other 20 starts? Take the sample size Over an outlier. Again, you are a victim of the moment. We are a completely different team at home. Average 27 at home compared to 15 on the road. It's not gonna be an easy game but we will be in it.

Gase needs a mentor. Does he have one? Honest question. He is only 40. Don't think Saban would be the answer but what about Fox or maybe Martz? Wonder if he reaches out.

By that logic, no team should try a bomb on 3rd and short, a fairly common occurrence, if another type of play has been working. And of course, no bombs on 3rd and short if even the standard plays don't work

Hey F, well no, you are generalizing, this was Dolphin specific, and related to Mr Gases inability to adapt. Also they did not throw a bomb, at least you could say they were going for broke if they did, the fact that it was tipped at the line lets me know that it was not a bomb, unless Cincy has some really tall linemen.

The Ever Respectful VIPER

Peyton got Gase this job... even showed up a couple x’s early on... maybe he can get him on that Nationwide bus.

btw Brees just broke the all time passing yards record... thanks Nick, thanks Wannstache... may the universe grant us Justin Herbert.. it sure a **** owes us that

No he cannot adapt. He has HIS system, wants HIS guys, calls HIS own plays. I’m done w him as the OC. Problem is - if he gives up play calling, what would he do?

He is a HOMER. He had the chance to develop a back up last year instead of PADDING Cutlers retirement.

Besides that, B.O should not be on anyone roster!!!

No he cannot adapt. He has HIS system, wants HIS guys, calls HIS own plays. I’m done w him as the OC. Problem is - if he gives up play calling, what would he do?

Spot on! Gase is a control freak who doesn’t know what he is doing.

Shame on him for not recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of his qb

His pre-canned response to the Tannehill question (over and over, week after week) is really getting tiresome. "We need to take a look at it" - No **** Capatin Obvious. How many weeks does it take to "take a look at it"? Unreal.
I commented on that video on his demeanor. You would think he was just a TE's coach or something. Pick your dang head up. I know we ALL feel like losers, but if your head coach looks like this after 5 weeks????
:nuke:

Terrible salesman, cause I'm not buying what he's selling..

Shame on him for not recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of his qb

That's true. I know you want Tannehill to take off more often. I'd like him to drop back and fire over the middle. Damn the consequences of either one. If he gets passes batted down like his rookie year, that's fine. If he takes some hits, that's okay. He seems to be sliding more intelligently than early career.

There have been many threads here pretending that the weaknesses are not weaknesses. I hope those are out the door, or properly mocked if they show up again. Those threads have always been insulting but the long offseason allows plenty of time to pull up a screen cap or video that intentionally slants away from the truth.

If Trubisky has a good game it'll be a blowout.

It shouldn't be a blowout based on comparative caliber of the two teams, but Dolphins have some risk of being demoralized after blowing a late lead like that.

In that type of scenario it is more important than ever to start briskly to energize the crowd and restore some confidence to the team itself. You don't want to be playing from behind in a demoralized situational landscape. Not likely to succeed.

If Gase has some favored gadgetry or clever plays he needs to use them early this time.

He took a chance on Tannehill, hoping that the "light would come on" and he would be the catalyst for this QB.

Reactions: BSQ
First, thanks to all who participated on this thread and the poll, I appreciate it. Now back to business, "Take The Brain". No wait thats not it, oh, yeah.

It is my belief that Sundays game may be a turning point for this franchise. Mr. Gases last postgame looked like either shame and embarrassment, or one Yuuuuuuge affect (in other words fake emotion). So we are going to see if Mr. Gase can admit to himself what he is doing is not working, and adjust accordingly.

Miami has three wins, none very convincing, but they are wins none the less. However, the two losses were not by small margins at all, and they really were disastrous in proportion to the three wins. A small margin loss in Foxbooger, is, psychologically, a win, it means you are close, and possibly with some minor tweaks, you really are on to something. The Loss against Cincy was even worse than Foxbooger because the Phins gave the game away, they could have run the ball until Cincy stopped them, but, because of the commitment to a game plan, and RT17's incompetence, they literally gave the game away.

I know it may sound dramatic, but it seems to me that this game will be the defining moment in RT17, and Mr Gases career with the Phins .

Some keys we may want to watch for;

Khalil Mack is a man on a mission, first he is the best D Lineman Miami has faced so far, and one of the best in the NFL. Second, you better believe he is out to prove it, guarantee he is playing with a chip on his shoulder.

There is no one on the Phins roster that can go toe to toe with him, and even if they give the Tackle some help, all they can give him is the Leaping Gazelle, because Miami has no blocking tight ends.

So to counter this, run the ball, and designed roll outs for RT17.

Next is the what appears to be the start of Trubiskys Flying Circus. We don't know if his play was a statistical aberration or not. But I personally would assume that it was not, and plan ahead. One way to defeat a hot QB, keep him off the field, run the ball, then when he is on the field, nickle and dime, 4 down, 1 linebacker (urrrghh Kiko no Doubt)
the rest DB's.

If the Phins recieve the Bears with the same old same old, they will be beaten, in front of the home crowd and it just might be the beginning of the end for Mr Gase and RT17.

The Ever Hopeful VIPER

That's true. I know you want Tannehill to take off more often. I'd like him to drop back and fire over the middle. Damn the consequences of either one. If he gets passes batted down like his rookie year, that's fine. If he takes some hits, that's okay. He seems to be sliding more intelligently than early career.

There have been many threads here pretending that the weaknesses are not weaknesses. I hope those are out the door, or properly mocked if they show up again. Those threads have always been insulting but the long offseason allows plenty of time to pull up a screen cap or video that intentionally slants away from the truth.
You Know Awsi this is what I've always thought and stated over his 7 years, I've been hoping for him to improve to get by, but..

Bottom line I don't trust his skills when protection breaks down, and inevitably, that's what's always going to happen, especially when you enter the playoffs, and when your on the road in hostile environments, I feel that a championship QB, no matter the skill level, to win big games on the road or in the playoffs, he will have to make a few plays every game, individually, when protection breaks down, I simply do not trust our Qb in those situations, never have, the processing speed physically and mentally is not there, the vision is not there of the whole field, nor is it peripherally, the quickness to navigate out of trouble is simply not in his DNA.

The other thing I don't like about him is situational awareness and the conscious effort to run off script, I mean to not have the cognizance to threaten a defense with your legs, when you have the skills to do so it just plain dumb, don't care what anyone says, its not smart football, show the defense that if they turn their backs on you early in the game, that you will blatantly take off and make them pay..never does he do this..it maddening.

As far as Gase goes, he's just as much to blame, you have a qb that understands the read option very well and has a knack of how to read that end..avering 1 a game is not cutting it.

When you have a QB that is absolutely lethal on the run, and Im talking from both sides, and your averaging 1 boot a game..is not cutting it.

If Ryan would run more on his own, if we ran more read option, and if we got him on the hoof lets say 3 or 4 more times than we do, on all these traits, I bet we would be a better offense that converted third downs much more than being inept at the most important down in football, but ive been saying this for 7 years, and it just never improves.

At least while you have him, use all parts of the skillset, demand that he make some things happen if his first and 2nd read isn't there,maybe that will give him a head start on trying to anticipate and navigate his way out of hairy situations.

Back
Top Bottom