Votes: 19 23.8%
  • no

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Can Hannibel Lector Change His Appetite

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One thing I know is I don't want anymore coordinators as a HC
Was always leery of retreads but at least the have some knowledge of operating a team in its entirety

For fun how about a Mayock/Schwartz combo next year? :)

I've already said that I would stick with Gase but I understand folks who've seen enough.

If we did go down the route of getting a new guy in where should we be looking ?

NFL retreads ? Gruden's return to Oakland has so far hardly vindicated this route baring the mind of the cost associated with it.

Former OC's, the last two have been this, is it working ?

Former DC's, anyone out there to promote ?

College, this would be my preferred route, there are a lot of good ones out there that maybe able to adapt but would they be tempted by our job ?, Shaw (stanford), Swinny (clemson), Urban Meyer (serial winner), Harbaugh (past NFL SB appearance of course) and I've been very impressed with Mullen at the Gators this season, sure there are plenty more too.

Didn't say Mack was average. The Bears are a average team. Trubrisket threw for 6tds IN ONE GAME. Have you watched him In his other 20 starts? Take the sample size Over an outlier. Again, you are a victim of the moment. We are a completely different team at home. Average 27 at home compared to 15 on the road. It's not gonna be an easy game but we will be in it.
My God. Hilarious. So .. they're average. They've a better record. They've scored more points. They've conceded far less points. They're coming off a bye.

They're average .. but hey, we're in "joint 1st place" so we should relax. They're in sole first place.

They're not average. They're a good team. I haven't looked at the lines yet, but I would suspect the "average" Bears are favoured on the road.

Hey all, I think collage would be a good way to go. My choice would be Nick Saban, he is a proven winner, and would really, wait, what dear, oh yeah, ok, ok, OK. Sorry guys, I guess not.

The Ever Mrs VIPER Freaks At The Name Satan I Mean Saban VIPER

First of all "Can Hannibel Lector Change His Appetite" - how can that not be your vote! I mean that drew me in like a lunar moth to a flame......

Second......Gase really needs to think about giving up the playing calling on offense.

Hey all, I think collage would be a good way to go. My choice would be Nick Saban, he is a proven winner, and would really, wait, what dear, oh yeah, ok, ok, OK. Sorry guys, I guess not.

The Saban experience will I guess always taint our view on going down the college route, rightly or wrongly. So no College for you, where then ?

I've already said that I would stick with Gase but I understand folks who've seen enough.

If we did go down the route of getting a new guy in where should we be looking ?

NFL retreads ? Gruden's return to Oakland has so far hardly vindicated this route baring the mind of the cost associated with it.

Former OC's, the last two have been this, is it working ?

Former DC's, anyone out there to promote ?

College, this would be my preferred route, there are a lot of good ones out there that maybe able to adapt but would they be tempted by our job ?, Shaw (stanford), Swinny (clemson), Urban Meyer (serial winner), Harbaugh (past NFL SB appearance of course) and I've been very impressed with Mullen at the Gators this season, sure there are plenty more too.
I'm not advocating yet but you stay offensive. Defensive coaches are frustrating because they bring a conservative mentality to the games. It's that need to stay with what they know. Offensive coaches (the elite ones) are at a premium with the league trending in that direction year by year. Your targets would include guys like...
John Defilippo and Pete Charmichael.

After that you would start looking at position coaches. I'm not knocking defensive coaches as head coach material. But the most recent batch (Cards, Buf...etc) are very conservative and neglect the need for high scoring offenses.

You could go for retreads though many of them end up fired after 3 years because they don't want to change what got them fired to begin with. Do you see one who can fix his past issues?

That leaves college coaches which are another poor option. Harbaugh has an immense amount of hype but did wear out his welcome with players in SF. his ground and pound style won't translate again. Most of these guys are too secure to consider leaving. They are just glorified recruiters and can't handle NFL egos. You need a leader of men not boys. The coach that has my eye is Lincoln Riley from OU. Smart offensive mind but can he translate his leadership to the NFL.

Overall it's a crapshoot and there needs to be a vision for the head coach.

My God. Hilarious. So .. they're average. They've a better record. They've scored more points. They've conceded far less points. They're coming off a bye.

They're average .. but hey, we're in "joint 1st place" so we should relax. They're in sole first place.

They're not average. They're a good team. I haven't looked at the lines yet, but I would suspect the "average" Bears are favoured on the road.

So you are gonna talk up their 3-1 record and **** on our 3-2 record? If tunsil plays, I think we win this game.

The Saban experience will I guess always taint our view on going down the college route, rightly or wrongly. So no College for you, where then ?

No, actually I would be behind some of the collage coaches mentioned, I just was makin a joke. I really was jumpin around happy with the Saban hire, unfortunately no one could have guessed how it would turn out.

The Ever Hoping For Better Days

So you are gonna talk up their 3-1 record and **** on our 3-2 record? If tunsil plays, I think we win this game.
Um, no? Did I **** on our record? I don't believe I did.

However, you called them average. And talked up our 3-2 record, how we should give the team a break because we're 3-2 and tied for first. But .. we shouldn't give solo Chicago with a better record than us any credit, they're average? Doesn't compute.

Not only have they a better record, but as mentioned, they've scored more points, and conceded less.

By your logic, if they're average, what are we?

Um, no? Did I **** on our record? I don't believe I did.

However, you called them average. And talked up our 3-2 record, how we should give the team a break because we're 3-2 and tied for first. But .. we shouldn't give solo Chicago with a better record than us any credit, they're average? Doesn't compute.

Not only have they a better record, but as mentioned, they've scored more points, and conceded less.

By your logic, if they're average, what are we?

A pretty average team like most of the league hence the parity. We aren't world beaters and neither are the bears. We play much better at home (more so than other teams) though. Reason why I think we win.

Hey Rowdy, unfortunately, I just watched K. Mack highlights on UTube, it actually was more of a Bears Highlights, and frankly, that D is just getting started. It's not just Mack, these guys are seriously good. What they did to Wilson and Rodgers was scary, I am not kidding. Mack can be seen on the right, left, dropping in coverage, and he is not just making tackles, but you can see by the way he moves his first though is to get the ball. The rest of the DLine and LB's swarm to the ball. The Big, Fast, and Strong. I get a really bad feeling about this game, and L Tunsil, if he plays will be overrun by the Bears talent.

The Ever Saddened But The Revoltin Development Of The Phins VIPER

giphy.gif

Hey Rowdy, unfortunately, I just watched K. Mack highlights on UTube, it actually was more of a Bears Highlights, and frankly, that D is just getting started. It's not just Mack, these guys are seriously good. What they did to Wilson and Rodgers was scary, I am not kidding. Mack can be seen on the right, left, dropping in coverage, and he is not just making tackles, but you can see by the way he moves his first though is to get the ball. The rest of the DLine and LB's swarm to the ball. The Big, Fast, and Strong. I get a really bad feeling about this game, and L Tunsil, if he plays will be overrun by the Bears talent.

The Ever Saddened But The Revoltin Development Of The Phins VIPER

I'm not sure I need some random dude watching youtube highlights to tell me Mack is a good player. They have a good defense. Goldman, Hicks, Bullard, Floyd, Roquan, fuller and Fangio is a really good coordinator. Their offense isn't very good and I think out defense will give them just as much of a problem as their defense we give us. Also, our defense has shown to be pretty advantageous with Turnovers which with Mitch should be an advantage to us. I am taking our offense at home over their offense on the road against our defense every day.

Back
Top Bottom