Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What?

Sure, if you just look at the 5-4 record, you say “wow, the Dolphins are over .500 after losing their starting QB”.

But if you actually watch the games, you see the same terrible play-calling over and over again, you see the backup tackles getting roasted repeatedly, you see Parker being a healthy scratch, you see Drake being under-utilized, you see an incompetent defensive coordinator (hand-picked by Gase), and on and on and on.

And yet...here we are, 5-4.

You're painting an extreeeemely glass half empty narrative.

Brock went 5-2 starting for Denver in 2015 and helped them secure home field advantage in AFC Championship which led to a Super Bowl victory that year. When you just make stuff up to support your opinion you loose all credibility IMO.
Someone forgot to mention that they also had the number one defense that year, and a pretty solid running game. Don’t let that get in the way of your responses.

Someone forgot to mention that they also had the number one defense that year, and a pretty solid running game. Don’t let that get in the way of your responses.

Yes they did. It masked Peyton's horrible play to start the season and carried them to 7-0 record with (3) 4th quarter victories on defensive TD returns.
Peyton had 9 TD's and 17 Ints and was benched at 7-2. When Brock came in he played better and threw 10 TD's and only 6 picks. Both QB's benefited from those team qualities that year.

Do you not agree that going 5-2 for a backup QB is above average even on a good team?

Only in Miami is winning games actually worse than losing games, until/unless you win ENOUGH games, and then suddenly (and grudgingly), the fans will admit you did good.

In the rest of the NFL world, if you're piloting a team that was projected (based on preseason roster evaluations) to be the 3rd worst team in the NFL, your franchise QB gets hurt (again) and you have to play half your games with Brock Osweiler, and you're 5-4 with victories against teams like Tennessee and Chicago (who are 4-3 and 5-2, respectively, when they're not playing the Dolphins)...then yeah, you get noticed.

Thing is, 3 of Gase's 5 wins so far are against a team with a 21 year old rookie quarterback 2 months into his career with a coach on the hot seat, and the tanking Raiders vying for the #1 overall pick and having weekly firesales on players.

Thing is, 3 of Gase's 5 wins so far are against a team with a 21 year old rookie quarterback 2 months into his career with a coach on the hot seat, and the tanking Raiders vying for the #1 overall pick and having weekly firesales on players.

And you know, it's really not fair that the Dolphins are the only team getting to play those two teams.

Overtime, home win against the Bears is really the only impressive W on the season - given that the other came against Gabbert.

Yes they did. It masked Peyton's horrible play to start the season and carried them to 7-0 record with (3) 4th quarter victories on defensive TD returns.
Peyton had 9 TD's and 17 Ints and was benched at 7-2. When Brock came in he played better and threw 10 TD's and only 6 picks. Both QB's benefited from those team qualities that year.

Do you not agree that going 5-2 for a backup QB is above average even on a good team?
the numbers you posted for Peyton and Brock shows that you could of put a monkey in there and got the same results.

Can't answer the question so you divert....

Again another false statement. No monkey has ever led their team to Super Bowl. LOL.

Look, Brock sucks but for one season he exceeded any expectations and got himself a ring by earning it. Not by sitting on bench and not playing.
You can spin it any way you want. Not wasting my time with you anymore....

Back on topic. If they were to make the playoffs I could see Gase in the running for COY. I mean most places had us as one of the worst teams in the league.

The Raiders was a freebie.

I think the Lions, Broncos, and Colts would disagree on the idea that the two Jets victories were freebies. They're 3-4 when they're not facing the Dolphins.

When you play a team that's not very good, all you can do is win the game. You can't change the schedule. The Bears are 5-2 when they're not playing Miami. The Titans are 4-3 when they're not playing Miami.

Nobody is saying the Dolphins are good.

I'm saying that prior to the start of the season the league as a whole pegged Miami to be one of those teams that were giving everyone free wins. And if you'd told those very same people that Tannehill would miss somewhere between four and eleven games, they'd have said Miami would be vying for #1 overall pick.

Instead, they've won 5 of 9.

I'm not handing Adam Gase the COTY award because there are others more deserving. But it's not THAT hard to see why he's up there.

The Raiders was a freebie.

I think the Lions, Broncos, and Colts would disagree on the idea that the two Jets victories were freebies. They're 3-4 when they're not facing the Dolphins.

When you play a team that's not very good, all you can do is win the game. You can't change the schedule. The Bears are 5-2 when they're not playing Miami. The Titans are 4-3 when they're not playing Miami.

Nobody is saying the Dolphins are good.

I'm saying that prior to the start of the season the league as a whole pegged Miami to be one of those teams that were giving everyone free wins. And if you'd told those very same people that Tannehill would miss somewhere between four and eleven games, they'd have said Miami would be vying for #1 overall pick.

Instead, they've won 5 of 9.

I'm not handing Adam Gase the COTY award because there are others more deserving. But it's not THAT hard to see why he's up there.

Precisely. So it appears to be more about how they felt about Gase's team prior to the season. His team...the team he put together. They didn't think much of it.

Neither did I. But I saw it as a 6-8 win football team prior to the season. He should have 2 more wins by default against the Bills. They don't have a quarterback. If Gase were to pull off 9 or more wins with this roster he put together - he'd get my vote for COY.

Overtime, home win against the Bears is really the only impressive W on the season - given that the other came against Gabbert.

Not just against Gabbert, but a rookie head coach coaching his first career game. Not much you can say other than Gase is just an assassin.

Back
Top Bottom