Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase - Coach Of The Year - What?

If he can get this team into the playoffs, he deserves more than that

People here have blinders on. The rest of the world looks at what he is doing this year in amazement. The guy is a really good coach if you put your emotions to the side and just look at it.

Sure, if you just look at the 5-4 record, you say “wow, the Dolphins are over .500 after losing their starting QB”.

But if you actually watch the games, you see the same terrible play-calling over and over again, you see the backup tackles getting roasted repeatedly, you see Parker being a healthy scratch, you see Drake being under-utilized, you see an incompetent defensive coordinator (hand-picked by Gase), and on and on and on.

Sure, if you just look at the 5-4 record, you say “wow, the Dolphins are over .500 after losing their starting QB”.

But if you actually watch the games, you see the same terrible play-calling over and over again, you see the backup tackles getting roasted repeatedly, you see Parker being a healthy scratch, you see Drake being under-utilized, you see an incompetent defensive coordinator (hand-picked by Gase), and on and on and on.

Is it terrible play calling if the team is 5-4? Or is it working for what the team has at QB?

That’s the dilemma.

I believe the narrative is:
  • Subpar talent that should win only 5-6 games per preseason evaluation.
  • Multiple critical players on IR
  • 5 games with a poorly regarded backup QB
Given those expectations, it appears to be a great job to get to 5-4. There are obviously derisive opinions of Coach Gase by many analysts, but one can understand the narrative above. Again, it is interesting how some outsiders view the situation.

I get where you are coming from but we are 5-4. One game out of the wild card. 2 games back of the division.He's getting results out of a decent roster when healthy but when you take into account the injuries its below average. Have any team in the league start Brock for 4 games out of 9 and lets see their record. I think Brock has played fine for a backup QB mainly because Gase calls a game thats not gonna put him in terrible spots. All the people that scream about a draw on 3rd and 13 are the same who would crucify Gase and Brock for an interception in the same spot. Gase has limited the damage on the offensive side of the ball. He's not gonna force anything. A punt is fine when the backup QB is in there.

Well, I think it's premature to look at ANYONE right now as Coach of the Year.
It's too early.
And yes, I have often questioned Gase's calls, no matter who was playing QB.

I completely understand that wins are wins, but anyone who honestly analyzes this team’s season would have to laugh at anyone trying to claim Gase deserves consideration for Coach of the Year.

5 wins....two of them against the Jets and their rookie QB. One of them gifted on a silver platter thanks to a missed FG in OT. Another win at home against, one of, if not the, worst team in football. Meanwhile, crushing defeats against the Patriots, Bengals, Texans, and Lions.

Preposterous.

It is always interesting to hear an outside perspective. I am shocked that Vegas sees him as eligible for Coach of the Year, but they do.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/1...r-third-miami-dolphins-head-play-call-offense

That’s because you all have lost your objectivity and let emotions get the best of you. We have an excellent coach.

Gase took a joke of a roster to the playoffs in 2016, finishing out the year with his backup QB. He took the busted corpse of Jay Cutler QB and had this team in the playoff hunt deep into the season last year.

And this year he has made the worst QB in the league not on the Bills look like a serviceable starter and has us in the midst of the playoff hunt with a roster that has 4 million players on IR and never had good depth to begin with.

What exactly did everyone expect to have happen?

Back
Top Bottom