Adam Gase, Constantly Thinking During Game Time. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase, Constantly Thinking During Game Time.

I wish it were as simple as just putting trust and faith in those subordinates. There is also something called earning that trust and faith. Burke is practically a baby. Would you had a loaded bottle to a baby? Of course not!

Additionally, he's the Head Coach which means the entire team falls under his decision and non-decision making process.

If he just wanted to just call plays then he shouldn't have signed up to be an HC.

Also, Being an offensive play-caller absolutely gives him purview towards defensive philosophy and strategy.

Well you sorta have to give your defensive coordinator the trust and faith that they will do their job well when you are more of an offensive expert. You can't be heavy handed trying to meddle with your DC's business and then cast blame on them when things go wrong. You interviewed them and listened to their philosophy and determined if they would be a good fit. Once you hire them, you have to let them hit the ground running or fail. Otherwise you risk losing chemistry and the confidence of your subordinates.

Adam Gase is not a RAH RAH guy. Period. As long as we keep on winning I don't care. That is why he was brought here. Because in my mind, he is the best coach we've had since Shula. Seriously.

Nick Saban and Jimmy Johnson say hello!!

Makes you wonder if it's a good or bad thing that Gase operates in this way?

Definitely a good thing, emotions makes you make uncommon, and unusual decisions,...make you go in a direction that if you were calm, would be that last thing you do.

As many here know, Gase will flip out if and when the situation calls for it (A terrible call, reporters asking dumb questions, at half time or in practice if team is not playing well), but showing emotions in games that have yet to be decided, showing emotion in a win, when Miami did not win a championship yet...works.

Back
Top Bottom