Adam Gase: Miami Dolphins Have Serious Plan To Teach, Study And Learn Better | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: Miami Dolphins Have Serious Plan To Teach, Study And Learn Better

You know, my boss totally holds my hand through my workday. I don't really want to do my work, so she has to keep asking and asking and asking. And when I don't actually read my emails, she'll read them for me! Then my coworkers see how little I'm doing, and they join the fun too. Then we have group email reading sessions where my boss does all of our jobs for us!

For someone who bashes *a certain player* a lot, you sure have a lot of excuses for some other players.

My janitor doesn't do any of that either. Whats your point?

There is a reason coach and boss are different words with different meanings.

How quick we turn our backs....

To be fair, I believe there were reports (Armando had an article about it) that Landry was running the wrong routes on occasion. I don't think you do that when you're fully prepared.

I liked Landry. I think a lot of people, if not most on here, like him as well. The issue was I don't like him enough to pay him more than Julio Jones, AJ Green or anyone in that upper-tier WR group. I think Edelman is even making around 7 or 8 million this year. Baldwin is the best slot WR in the league he's making roughly 12 million.

I'm curious to see how he performs when he doesn't have 170 targets coming his way. I still wish him the best and will never dislike him for wanting all that money, but I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out.

I'm not buying it anymore. For 2 seasons, we have seen Gase casting off players like Donald Trump cast off cabinet members. Its the same story........they aren't putting in the work, they don't fit his mold, know the playbook, etc, etc.......blah blah blah. Goodbye Albert, goodbye Ajayi, Landry, Pouncey, Suh, etc. It's crazy how some people still trust this guy. I understand some of these guys were cap casualties, but its not a good look.

Dude sent a message when he cut Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner during the 2016 season. But he definitely sent the wrong message by bringing in Cutler, trading Ajayi, and cutting Maxwell last year. It just feels like the guy is chasing everyone out of town. I've seen this happen in my career numerous times with new management. In the end, it just leaves an organization decimated and talentless. Eventually the higher ups wisen up and replace that management.

I'm not buying it anymore. For 2 seasons, we have seen Gase casting off players like Donald Trump cast off cabinet members. Its the same story........they aren't putting in the work, they don't fit his mold, know the playbook, etc, etc.......blah blah blah. Goodbye Albert, goodbye Ajayi, Landry, Pouncey, Suh, etc. It's crazy how some people still trust this guy. I understand some of these guys were cap casualties, but its not a good look.

Dude sent a message when he cut Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner during the 2016 season. But he definitely sent the wrong message by bringing in Cutler, trading Ajayi, and cutting Maxwell last year. It just feels like the guy is chasing everyone out of town. I've seen this happen in my career numerous times with new management. In the end, it just leaves an organization decimated and talentless. Eventually the higher ups wisen up and replace that management.

Jury is still out on this one, IMO. I’ve seen it too, and here’s the thing:

Sometimes it works. See: Harbaugh, Jim. I’ve seen “hard but fair” management work perfectly well. It generally comes with a message: “Do your job the way I’m telling you to.” Maxwell didn’t. Goodbye. Ajayi didn’t. Goodbye. I’m not buying the Albert, Suh and Pouncey cuts as part of that; those were business/cap decisions.

Sometimes it doesn’t work. See: Kelly, Chip.

I hope that Gase knows what he’s doing, and I think he’s got a couple years of leash to make it happen.

Jury is still out on this one, IMO. I’ve seen it too, and here’s the thing:

Sometimes it works. See: Harbaugh, Jim. I’ve seen “hard but fair” management work perfectly well. It generally comes with a message: “Do your job the way I’m telling you to.” Maxwell didn’t. Goodbye. Ajayi didn’t. Goodbye. I’m not buying the Albert, Suh and Pouncey cuts as part of that; those were business/cap decisions.

Sometimes it doesn’t work. See: Kelly, Chip.

I hope that Gase knows what he’s doing, and I think he’s got a couple years of leash to make it happen.
well put, Albert, Suh, and Pouncey were for cap reasons only. The only major thing I will put on Gase so far is we had a Qb trying to come back from a knee injury in an unorthodox way and our backup QB is someone you don't trust of Ryan gets hurt. Why wait until August when you are screwed to make a change? That is 100% on Gase and should have been handled more pro actively.

The biggest change this offseason to me is bring in more experienced assistant coaches. It will make a big change in on the field performance. We may not have a sexy team but it is a far more functional team.

If preparation is the emphasis from Gase , I am supporting of it. Preparation is the key to the riddle and it’s what great coaches implement.

Now we’ll see if he can execute what he envisions.

The thread title suggest we will teach better. For me that's accountability. I understand coaches hire their friends, but if they're not doing what needs to be done, it's time to get better.

I like the way Jimmy Johnson built a team. He was always looking for better players and coaches. Whomever was better got the job. Gase needs to mold this way of working. Teach them and get players willing to learn. I believe Gase has a few years to get it straight. Ross and the management team love the guy.

I think Gase's play calling actually made Ajayi and Landry stars. I mean Ajayi isn't really showcased in Philly and Landry might not be in Cleveland. Look at how K. Drake is now performing under Gase and look how he revitalized Parkey's career. I think these are signs that he knows how to set guys up for success.

Last edited:
I remember calling him "turnover Tannehill" and was crucified by other members. At this point in his career, he is a turnover machine. It could improve as he learns but I wish he made better decisions with the ball.

This is from 2012, Remind me again what year Tannehill was drafted?

Back
Top Bottom