Adam Gase: Miami Dolphins Have Serious Plan To Teach, Study And Learn Better | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: Miami Dolphins Have Serious Plan To Teach, Study And Learn Better

Yeah, the only way he's going to be able to do this is put their position on the line, daily.

Many posters are blaming the players but a lot of the blame falls on the coaches. Let me explain. In school, some teachers are better than others. I didn't learn crap in math my first two years of high school because the my math teacher was terrible at explaining the concepts. Some kids were able to understand but many others weren't. My junior year I had a GREAT math teacher and learned more in one semester than I learned in two years from the other teacher.

My point... Coaches have to explain and articulate the concepts to where the players can understand it. Every player's ability to retain information is different, what works for one player might not work for the next one. A good coach should have have multiple ways of reaching and teaching. Some of our coaches apparently didn't have that and I think Gase acknowledged that by firing some of them.

Many posters are blaming the players but a lot of the blame falls on the coaches. Let me explain. In school, some teachers are better than others. I didn't learn crap in math my first two years of high school because the my math teacher was terrible at explaining the concepts. Some kids were able to understand but many others weren't. My junior year I had a GREAT math teacher and learned more in one semester than I learned in two years from the other teacher.

My point... Coaches have to explain and articulate the concepts to where the players can understand it. Every player's ability to retain information is different, what works for one player might not work for the next one. A good coach should have have multiple ways of reaching and teaching. Some of our coaches apparently didn't have that and I think Gase acknowledged that by firing some of them.
The difference is getting paid millions and being selected to a Professional league.

The difference is getting paid millions and being selected to a Professional league.

Coaches get paid millions and are also in a professional league champ. They get a pass? Coaches are teachers, some are good, some are bad. Seems like we had\have some bad ones.

You know, my boss totally holds my hand through my workday. I don't really want to do my work, so she has to keep asking and asking and asking. And when I don't actually read my emails, she'll read them for me! Then my coworkers see how little I'm doing, and they join the fun too. Then we have group email reading sessions where my boss does all of our jobs for us!

For someone who bashes *a certain player* a lot, you sure have a lot of excuses for some other players.
LMAO....Great point.

I believe the x-factor that separates the contenders from the rest of the league is discipline. The teams that are constantly in the playoffs, or contending for division titles, have discipline as a team. I don't mean personality issues and off-the-field stuff. Those are obvious.

I think a team's discipline in practice, classroom, and weight room play a role.

I guess what I'm saying is, if we had more players than not, that approached their job like Cameron Wake, I think that would translate to success on the scoreboard and win column.

I dunno, I have a hard time looking into any of these type of comments. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesnt.

I believe the x-factor that separates the contenders from the rest of the league is discipline. The teams that are constantly in the playoffs, or contending for division titles, have discipline as a team. I don't mean personality issues and off-the-field stuff. Those are obvious.

I think a team's discipline in practice, classroom, and weight room play a role.

I guess what I'm saying is, if we had more players than not, that approached their job like Cameron Wake, I think that would translate to success on the scoreboard and win column.
Sorry, but I am limited to only one "like".

Sorry, but I am limited to only one "like".

No offense but that's a good thing....you seem to "like" an inordinate number of posts on here...maybe be a little more judicious in doing it so as not to weaken its impact or render them mostly meaningless. Just some friendly advice.

Last edited:
Coaches get paid millions and are also in a professional league champ. They get a pass? Coaches are teachers, some are good, some are bad. Seems like we had\have some bad ones.
Coaches at the pro level should mostly be calling plays, challenging plays, motivational half time speech, running drills, improving workouts,etc.
Spending time learning a playbook, staying in shape, and coming to practice are basic fundamentals that should be known by this point IMO

Coaches at the pro level should mostly be calling plays, challenging plays, motivational half time speech, running drills, improving workouts,etc.
Spending time learning a playbook, staying in shape, and coming to practice are basic fundamentals that should be known by this point IMO

I think a ton of people have a misconception of what coaches do.

Just because you get paid millions doesn't mean you're smart, just ask Donald Trump he can vouch for that.

Hopefully the change of coaches do help with this. My 15 year old stepson was complaining about not being able to concentrate in class, all the kids show out all the time, the teachers have quit caring, the ones that want to learn and do good are hampered by the dunces. I told him one of his biggest problems is that hes in the lower level classes, you take the higher level courses where everyone seems to care then you learn more because of less distractions. In 11th grade pre-cal me and friends played spades probably 75% of the semester in the back of the class because a handful of the class couldn't retain the knowledge. we didn't suffer on the end of year test because we were disciplined enough to get a couple lessons ahead on our own and then back to playing spades.

Coaches get paid to help with the studying and gameplanning, but even they can get fed up with the class (positional room) and say "screw it, ima teach, if they don't want to keep up or listen then ill worry about the ones that do" and then just let principal gase know who the ones acting up our. And it doesn't take being a class clown to be a distraction, I believe that you do need to lighten the mood from time to time, but if you have a star player who is disengaged in each of the classes (film sessions) then that does have a negative effect, some guys might be like "screw it, he doesn't put in the effort and he plays, I see 10% of the snaps that he does so why am I putting in more than 10% of the work as him" and then you have a room full of disengaged players and a coach that says "f--- it, ill collect my check til they get rid of me, I can find a job elsewhere" Or if a player cant cerebrally retain the information, I'm sure there has never been a coach that has said "naaa I wont help" and leave them in the dark. Heck im sure Chris Foerster stayed up all night anyways, he could write down notes and study plans. Obviously with the coaching changes in the offseason, the principal sees it as just as much his staff as the students, but at the same time, if you got a classroom with 3 students in it and there is one bad egg, then that stands out a little more

Back
Top Bottom