Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen"

Rudolph at 11, otherwise they are doing it wrong. It’s as simple as that.
If they dont come out of the first rd with Rudolph, you can say goodbye to the next 10 years.

If they dont come out of the first rd with Rudolph, you can say goodbye to the next 10 years.

Confused-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-24.gif

I forgot about it when I first mentioned it a couple weeks ago, using James in any kind of trade with Denver is out of the picture now, they already traded for a RT when the James trade fell thru. And I'm with Birdmond, Rosen looks intrigueing, I don't care about the attitude, but cant draft a QB with concussion issues in first round, def cant trade up for one

Rudolph will need development as a pro. He will have to work on his shaky accuracy and field vision, plus get used to playing under center and calling plays in the huddle. Rudolph is also not very athletic, though he has good size with average arm strength. Going through progressions and reading the field are problems for Rudolph, and he has to improve there for the NFL. His anticipation is terrible, too, and that will have to improve for the pros, or he could be taking a lot of sacks from holding onto the ball too long.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php#ixzz5Ce7V1y7z

That's what you call the future for this team? Unless you are related to him I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion you posted. Was it sarcasm?

I think this is a smoke screen, to keep the pressure on Buffalo and make them overpay to move up for a QB.

Miami moved up to 5 it better be for a gap generational player like Barkley. Also getting rid of James creates a hole in the Oline. Sam is not ready to be an every down tackle. Plus Tanne is a bargain right now If he stays healthy even more so next year. Just no no no.

Moving up to five to take a running back would be the all time low point for this franchise. Taking a running back in the first round borders on stupid, moving up to take a running back is the most insane thing I can ever conceive of.

76, one of the reasons Gase came to Miami was because he liked Tannehill. I would think that hasn't changed, but with 2 major knee issues in the past couple of seasons it is very important to come away with a QB somewhere in this draft. In a perfect scenario one of the QBs we covet will drop to us at #11. I'm certain Gase knows exactly who he would like to pick if he had that luxury but he likely has a short list if the big 4 fall. I'd like to see us land a QB we can get excited about. I'd get excited over Lamar Jackson but we could trade back, snag a great Lber or Safety, and still get Jackson imo. There's a bunch of second tier QBs who I think can play. Let Gase choose his guy to develop. We really need a great draft and I think if we don't get trigger happy and lose our cool, we'll come away with a stud LBer, a Gronklike TE, a QB and some more depth pieces. This is a time to let the draft come to you. Let everyone else burn major draft capital. Be the team that's smart for a change. Tannenbaum needs to be in the trunk of a car for the entire draft, without his cell phone!! Let him out after we've made our picks.

I heard on the radio as I was channel surfing (?ESPN or Fox sports) that the Giants and Bills have a tentative trade for the Giants no 2 pick. It was leaked by the Giants apparently to try and drive up the price and the deal would only be finalized closer to the draft.
If there is any substance to the rumor, there is no chance the phins could Get Rosen.
Cleveland, Buffalo, NYJ would all take QBs.

May not go that way at all....well, at least if Cleveland/Bills don't take Rosen and you consider the political angle - The Jest owner Woody Johnson is tight with Trump and was made UK Ambassador by him. They've also known each other many years and have done a lot of business together. Knowing the way Trump is at any PERCEIVED slight, I don't think Johnson would want to incur his wrath (or possible removal from UK ambassador & effects on business dealings) by hiring Rosen who issued an actual slight and wore a "F*** TRUMP" hat (he made himself) on one of Trump's own courses. Woody may nix any signing of Rosen just to avoid a potential tantrum or negative action/PR by Trump.....it's not totally out there to think that Trump might remove Johnson as UK guy if they sign Rosen which Trump would probably take as Johnson playing a part in embarrassing him and rubbing salt in the wound.

If Trump was just the old NY business guy then I'd say yes, they would not pass on Rosen...now with him as President I'd be shocked if they took him. Goes to show you you can't just think of these things in what makes sense or just from a sports angle....you have to factor in outside variables and the Trump/Johnson/Rosen thing can doom the best guess on what's "supposed" to happen. If Darnold and Allen are gone then the Jest just might take Mayfield.

Photo link:
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/04/11/uclas-josh-rosen-wears-hat-special-message-donald-trump

DHcrKHQUAAAweY0.jpg:large

Last edited:
Moving up to five to take a running back would be the all time low point for this franchise. Taking a running back in the first round borders on stupid, moving up to take a running back is the most insane thing I can ever conceive of.
Think what you want but Barkley will make a bigger impact on a team especially Miami then any of these quarterbacks will. He also won’t cost 35 million a year like they will if they turn out to be better then good. Next Barry Sanders.

Back
Top Bottom