Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen"

Don't be so sure that Tbaum doesn't pull a draft day trade to shock the world.

I think this is a smoke screen, to keep the pressure on Buffalo and make them overpay to move up for a QB.

Definitely.

Last thing Miami wants is for a QB to go 12th.

Dolphins are doing all the right things. If Buffalo wants a QB they need to overpay for him. Also we need to see all 4 QB's go top 10.

I don't think the Dolphins are targeting any specific player as much as trying to land a blue chip prospect with the 11th pick.

Don't be so sure that Tbaum doesn't pull a draft day trade to shock the world.
nothing he does would shock me. He likes to make the big splash that never seems to work for us. I'm just hoping Gase can keep him from doing anything stupid once again

If they decide to move on from Tannehill, I'd be happy with either Rosen or Mayfield, particularly the latter, and I'm warming to Rudolph (not at 11, but we'd likely have to trade up a bit from our 2nd to get him).

Think what you want but Barkley will make a bigger impact on a team especially Miami then any of these quarterbacks will. He also won’t cost 35 million a year like they will if they turn out to be better then good. Next Barry Sanders.

For your information, I am not advocating trading up for a qb, but that is the only position a general manager worth his salt would trade up for. There is not one player in any draft that is a sure thing and a running back is the easiest position in football to find a quality starter late into the draft. Even if I knew I was getting whoever you think was the greatest running back in history, I still wouldn't want to trade up for him. Plus, there is a good chance guys drafted later than Barkley will be just as good or better. It is dumb to draft a running back in the first round. You should really draft guys in the first round that are real expensive on the free agent market because when you hit on them you have a cheap premier position player for five years. J-off-her-doll pointed out in another thread that Leonard Fournette has the seventh highest cap hit out off all the running backs in the NFL. That's just foolish money to pay to a running back on his rookie contract.

If they decide to move on from Tannehill, I'd be happy with either Rosen or Mayfield, particularly the latter, and I'm warming to Rudolph (not at 11, but we'd likely have to trade up a bit from our 2nd to get him).
If they draft Rudolph, I don't think it'd be by moving up from 42 but rather from moving down from 11

For your information, I am not advocating trading up for a qb, but that is the only position a general manager worth his salt would trade up for. There is not one player in any draft that is a sure thing and a running back is the easiest position in football to find a quality starter late into the draft. Even if I knew I was getting whoever you think was the greatest running back in history, I still wouldn't want to trade up for him. Plus, there is a good chance guys drafted later than Barkley will be just as good or better. It is dumb to draft a running back in the first round. You should really draft guys in the first round that are real expensive on the free agent market because when you hit on them you have a cheap premier position player for five years. J-off-her-doll pointed out in another thread that Leonard Fournette has the seventh highest cap hit out off all the running backs in the NFL. That's just foolish money to pay to a running back on his rookie contract.
Well I agree trading up this year is stupid but if it happened this draft it better be for the biggest stud there is in it which is Barkley. Just imo. I wouldn't trade up this year with all the exceptional talent though. We can get a stud at 11.

Not sure why more don't see this as a huge concern- I sure do.

It just blows me away. You’ve got an extremely intelligent guy from a wealthy family with a history of concussions. What could possibly go wrong?

Rosen's character simply strikes me as "odd" -- I don't see an issue with it. His personality seems to mesh well with Gase and with Gase being a QB/offensive guy, that's probably very important.

Well I agree trading up this year is stupid but if it happened this draft it better be for the biggest stud there is in it which is Barkley. Just imo. I wouldn't trade up this year with all the exceptional talent though. We can get a stud at 11.
Only trade up if it's the franchise QB then be sure to fire Tbum with the next pick.

Back
Top Bottom