Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen"

Rosen said to ESPN he wants to win 6 Super Bowls (7 if Brady gets another one lol) I like this dude . Would take him in a heart beat but its probably a pipe dream that we could get him.
He's the one guy in this draft I'd sacrifice a nice amount of compensation to move up for.

I would puke. Cutler 2.0!! the kid would ruin us and would be gone before his first contract

Yes, it is still smokescreen season. Don't trust what you hear. /EndBrokenRecord.

If they decide to move on from Tannehill, I'd be happy with either Rosen or Mayfield, particularly the latter, and I'm warming to Rudolph (not at 11, but we'd likely have to trade up a bit from our 2nd to get him).

Why would you move on from a 'proven' commodity to a rookie prospect? While it does reek of a move T-bum would make, I don't think Gase would want to hang his immediate future on an unproven draft choice, one not even at the top of his class.

Why would you move on from a 'proven' commodity to a rookie prospect? While it does reek of a move T-bum would make, I don't think Gase would want to hang his immediate future on an unproven draft choice, one not even at the top of his class.

Tannehill hasn't proven anything and now needs to prove that the knee injury hasn't affected one of his strengths in his mobility.

And can't that argument be made against drafting ANY rookie? If Gase feels Mayfield has the ability to be better than Tannehill, why would you not want that?

Tannehill hasn't proven anything and now needs to prove that the knee injury hasn't affected one of his strengths in his mobility.

And can't that argument be made against drafting ANY rookie? If Gase feels Mayfield has the ability to be better than Tannehill, why would you not want that?
I don't want to wait 2 years for a kid to learn how to play Pro ball, or find out he can't.
It just seem to prove out that only a relatively low percentage of QB draftees work out, to even be starters much less franchise QB's. You make the argument the # 17 is mediocre and I get it. My point is starting over, either by trading RT or moving up in the draft has a low percentage chance of return. There are too many holes to be filled by this draft in particular, since this team seems poised to make a move to the playoffs, to mortgage the immediate future by replacing the QB, IMHO. It could turn out to be yet another losing season if we lose RT to trade or injury. Add a game changer at LB and a decent TE in this draft, don't lose the captains of the O and D, this team has a chance. Now watch T-Bum muck it up.

There are too many holes to be filled by this draft in particular
They are not going to use all 8 picks on QBs, so there is no need to panic. There is one QB that needs to be drafted by the Phins, and at 11, and that's Rudolph. We need to set ourselves at QB position to hedge against risks, and to prevent the division rivals from doing so, and we need to do so in the most risk free way possible, and that is Rudolph. He is the QB with least red flags and highest production, and we cannot afford a division rival to take him, that is too much of a threat to what we are doing, which is trying to take over the division with Tannehill in his prime and Brady getting older, and Bills and Jets in shambles. We also need to set ourselves up for long term sustained success at QB.

The rivals will not have ten year success with Lauletta, with Rosen, with Mayfield, with Mike White. The odds are miniscule, it will not happen. the only QB to worry about in this draft who can fk up our plans is Rudolph, and we can not let that happen.

I don't want to wait 2 years for a kid to learn how to play Pro ball, or find out he can't.
It just seem to prove out that only a relatively low percentage of QB draftees work out, to even be starters much less franchise QB's. You make the argument the # 17 is mediocre and I get it. My point is starting over, either by trading RT or moving up in the draft has a low percentage chance of return. There are too many holes to be filled by this draft in particular, since this team seems poised to make a move to the playoffs, to mortgage the immediate future by replacing the QB, IMHO. It could turn out to be yet another losing season if we lose RT to trade or injury. Add a game changer at LB and a decent TE in this draft, don't lose the captains of the O and D, this team has a chance. Now watch T-Bum muck it up.

If you are willing to wait for us to stop spinning our tires with Tannehill, why wouldn't you be willing to wait for a rookie to develop (not that it takes two years anymore), particularly if that rookie has the potential to be a superior QB? I guess this all depends on how you feel about Gase. If he feels Rosen or Mayfield can be superior QBs, do you trust that? I feel okay with either way he could go. If they are available and we pass on them, then he feels Tannehill is good enough to win with. I can live with that. But he better be right. Anything less than actually contending in the playoffs (not just making it and getting our asses kicked again) is unacceptable.

And if they don't have a plan for if Tannehill gets injured again, they should all be fired on the spot.

He would be there- in that scenario- without any "trade up" and a lot of the names I like gone...

Back
Top Bottom