Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen" | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase "obsessed With Josh Rosen"

This "former scout" at least has nothing good to say about Darnold.....ouch!:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/04/nfl_draft_2018_ex-scout_blasts_sam_darnold_calls_u.html

"Darnold, he's like a cow on ice,'' Dan Shonka told the New York Post. "His footwork is all over the place. His feet in the pocket are embarrassing. When you turn the ball over [35 times] in 26 games, you're intellectually dishonest when you're talking about bringing in Sam Darnold as your next savior. This guy opens his hands over the ball, it just drops out when he's in the pocket. If you look at his film, they talk about his accuracy. Actually it's his receivers making great catches for him, laying out for the ball or going high. I'm not saying he's never going to be a quarterback, but right now he's a long way away.''

"A cow on ice" might be the most hilarious mental image I've ever heard when describing a person's footwork.

He would be there- in that scenario- without any "trade up" and a lot of the names I like gone...

"Hi! Yes, Is this Brandon Beane? Oh, good. Hey, Brandon. Listen. We have someone on the phone offering us a fourth round pick to move up a couple spots to draft Josh Rosen. The thing is, we like your fourth rounder better."

"And with the 12th pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select...Derwin James."

This "former scout" at least has nothing good to say about Darnold.....ouch!:

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/04/nfl_draft_2018_ex-scout_blasts_sam_darnold_calls_u.html

"Darnold, he's like a cow on ice,'' Dan Shonka told the New York Post. "His footwork is all over the place. His feet in the pocket are embarrassing. When you turn the ball over [35 times] in 26 games, you're intellectually dishonest when you're talking about bringing in Sam Darnold as your next savior. This guy opens his hands over the ball, it just drops out when he's in the pocket. If you look at his film, they talk about his accuracy. Actually it's his receivers making great catches for him, laying out for the ball or going high. I'm not saying he's never going to be a quarterback, but right now he's a long way away.''

Dudes gonna be a huuuge bust.

Don't forget, most information around this time tends to be disinformation and smokescreens. Not saying that scout doesn't believe that ... just that he may have a vested interest in Darnold falling past Cleveland at 1.

Tons of teams are serious about moving up to draft a QB, and in our division, the Jets already did just that, with the Bills almost a lock to do the same, and the Patriots breaking form and stockpiling ammo to also move up and get another signal caller. So yeah, GM's have been targeting these guys for a while.

All of these QB's have very significant bust potential. IMHO, it's why this much ballyhooed QB class is so overrated. I'm convinced that AT LEAST one of these guys is going to be a bust.

Any talk of moving up puts the Fins right in the middle of a bidding war against the Bills, who can pretty much better any offer we want to make...

Any talk of moving up puts the Fins right in the middle of a bidding war against the Bills, who can pretty much better any offer we want to make...
Great. Let's bid the Bills' price up before bowing out.

Great. Let's bid the Bills' price up before bowing out.
Thats a risky game... For example, the Bills tried that move on the Fins with Charles Clay, it backfired and they got stuck with him on a borderline disaster contract...

There will be no bidding wars.

Miami is trying to make sure Buffalo pays a premium to move up and keep value high on anyone wanting to move up to 11.

If anyone thinks the Dolphins front office is looking for a way to greatly decrease their draft capital both this year and next is sorely mistaken.

If we had released Tannehill and signed Bradford or Keenum would we be out of the QB discussion like they (Den and Ari) apparently are?

Last edited:
Thats a risky game... For example, the Bills tried that move on the Fins with Charles Clay, it backfired and they got stuck with him on a borderline disaster contract...

It is but there will be more serious bidders behind us.

Chargers might be the wildcard team no one is mentioning. The Rams are overshadowing them by leaps and bounds and if they aren't careful they might wind up turning into the Jets franchise. Watching their stadium mates host trophies. At least they won't have to deal with the indignity of playing in a building named for a different team. That's brutal.

I could see Rosen being there at #8 after the BIlls have already moved up to take a QB. I know many think it's smoke, and it may very well be, but I wouldn't discard it. Tannehill is a 29, soon to be 30 year old average QB just coming off two consecutive knee surgeries. Gase, Grier, and T-baum don't own him. They didn't draft him so if they aren't confident in him and there is a QB that they feel they can hitch their wagon to then go get him, especially after the roster purge they have just gone through.

I don't know if any of these QB's are going to be that guy or not, but if they believe so then they need to go get him.

I love how people are super worried about us trading picks to potentially get a franchise QB. Like we've got some type of track record for making things work with more picks.

I could see Rosen being there at #8 after the BIlls have already moved up to take a QB. I know many think it's smoke, and it may very well be, but I wouldn't discard it. Tannehill is a 29, soon to be 30 year old average QB just coming off two consecutive knee surgeries. Gase, Grier, and T-baum don't own him. They didn't draft him so if they aren't confident in him and there is a QB that they feel they can hitch their wagon to then go get him, especially after the roster purge they have just gone through.

I don't know if any of these QB's are going to be that guy or not, but if they believe so then they need to go get him.

Slight correction: Tannehill didn't have 2 consecutive knee surgeries....he only had the one after his misguided attempt that he could "rehab" the knee and use stem cell treatment to fix it the first time, which failed or at the very least did not hold up resulting in the re-injury last season :

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-knee-injury-didnt-have-to-go-down-like-this/

Back
Top Bottom