Adam Gase: Ryan Tannehill Wasn't Worried About Dolphins Drafting Qb | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase: Ryan Tannehill Wasn't Worried About Dolphins Drafting Qb

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill outwardly wasn't concerned about the Miami Dolphinspotentially selecting a quarterback with their first-round pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, coach Adam Gase said on Wednesday.

While the Dolphins instead named defensive back Minkah Fitzpatrick with the 11th overall pick, Gase told PFT Live that Tannehill wasn't sweating the decision. His attitude, Gase said, is focused only on things he can control.

"Expect a guy that's extremely hungry to get back on the field and lead this team," Gase said of Tannehill. "I think there's an appreciation for him after him not being here last year and guys are excited for him to get this thing going."

https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi....ied-about-Dolphins-drafting-QB/7181526484773/

Why would he sweat it, he knew like many of us did, that the Phins weren't selecting a QB.

He definitely shouldn't have been worried as it's always been his job to lose. Gase's comments does suggest imo that drafting a Qb was not totally out of the question.

What? I thought the great Joe Philbin said that Ryan Tannehill was a locker-room cancer?

That's why Philbin got kicked to the curb by the Dolphins after his complete failure as a Head Coach and then kicked to the curb by the Colts after his O-Line nearly got Andrew Luck killed. Now he has been relegated back to the spot that he is best qualified for, getting his buddy McCarthy's coffee and picking up gum wrappers.

That's why Philbin got kicked to the curb by the Dolphins after his complete failure as a Head Coach and then kicked to the curb by the Colts after his O-Line nearly got Andrew Luck killed. Now he has been relegated back to the spot that he is best qualified for, getting his buddy McCarthy's coffee and picking up gum wrappers.

Can I get paid that much to get coffee and pick up gum wrappers??

The cancer may have been Grimes. Tannehill may have been a polarizing player at the time though. It seemed like there may have been some players who believed in him at the time and some who didn't. Joe just didn't know how to handle that.

:roflmao

thill17 knew they were not taking a qb, so did Gase...sound like lie..thill17 will be here at leased 3 to 5 yr... weather he is good or not. Ross is calling the shot.

What? I thought the great Joe Philbin said that Ryan Tannehill was a locker-room cancer?

Locker Room cancer is a phrase that gets thrown around too much.

Locker Room cancer is the type of thing that should be reserved for people like Brandon Marshall.

All the people here saying we were never going to draft a QB are wrong imo. I believe that if the right QB has been there for them to take, they'd have pull the trigger. However, they were not going to go crazy moving up for one. I believe that they felt Minkah was a better bet at FS than the QB's they could have traded up for.

All the people here saying we were never going to draft a QB are wrong imo. I believe that if the right QB has been there for them to take, they'd have pull the trigger. However, they were not going to go crazy moving up for one. I believe that they felt Minkah was a better bet at FS than the QB's they could have traded up for.

the only QB they would have drafted seemed to be Baker who went #1.

they didn't work out Darnold & Rosen would have been a Dolphin if they wanted him too with the Bears calling Miami & Miami declined.

"Expect a guy that's extremely hungry to get back on the field and lead this team," Gase said of Tannehill. "I think there's an appreciation for him after him not being here last year and guys are excited for him to get this thing going."
https://www.upi.com/https:/www.upi....ied-about-Dolphins-drafting-QB/7181526484773/

Pretty funny statement by Gase. Translation: "After dealing with Cutler last season...the locker room is jacked to get Tannehill back."

This past injury could actually help Tannehill in regards to his leadership/role on the team. Teammates will certainly be more appreciative of what he can bring to the table after they got a taste of what a season is like without him...with poor QB help. There will certainly be cautious optimism since he is coming back from a terrible injury, but you have to think the guys are eager to have him slinging the rock again.

That was the biggest bunch of crap I had ever heard. It's hard to believe Philbin would have even said that. There is absolutely Nothing at all from what we've seen and heard about Ryan that would make us believe that.

Back
Top Bottom