"Adam Gase" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Adam Gase"

corona

Rookie
Reaction score
This was an important game for Miami to Win. I respect Gase because i see his vision, back in the 70's Miami had a punishing running game with larry and merc, cut to 2016 complimented by Jay , the o-line and Tannehill having a nice gm. This is the first game since the early 70's (hell yes:lol2: i'm old) seeing fins play smash mouth old school football. How refreshing....

Took him a bit but u can see him taking control of the team. He sent the message early that players will be held accountable. My fear is that Tannenbaum will sink him.

This was an important game for Miami to Win. I respect Gase because i see his vision, back in the 70's Miami had a punishing running game with larry and merc, cut to 2016 complimented by Jay , the o-line and Tannehill having a nice gm. This is the first game since the early 70's (hell yes:lol2: i'm old) seeing fins play smash mouth old school football. How refreshing....

I felt the same way. We have been bullied for years. This (and the last game) is the first time I felt we physically imposed our will on the other team in 40 years. Yes, I am old too.

I felt the same way. We have been bullied for years. This (and the last game) is the first time I felt we physically imposed our will on the other team in 40 years. Yes, I am old too.

I agree but we did a bit of this in 2002 too.

Gase has pushed all of the right buttons. Leaving Ajayi home the first week, cutting Thomas and Turner, sitting Mario only to let him make meaningful plays in the second half has all worked. Feeling so much better about the direction of this team after the last 2 weeks.

Coach Gase's original vision was to build a team similar to Denver's offense with Manning controlling the offense at the line. He thought Ryan could be that, but he changed to a compatible vision organized around a physical running game. He realized that was too much for Ryan and his offensive players at this time. In the middle of having to motivate and trim the fat, he altered his vision. That is an attribute of a good coach.

His players are giving full effort. He has built the credibility to cut players without losing the team because he was fair. He has been growing as a head coach. I just do not see why he has been criticized to the level on this board. It is a long season, and the Phins may regress or not meet expectations. I am impressed with the job he has done to this point.

Offensive line play improvement is a large part of the improvement on offense. Holding the ball has led to a fresher defense(but please stop making stupid penalties)...

This is why in a previous post regarding next year, I want them to keep Albert/Pouncey and Bushrod and draft later for depth and development for the oline. Keep some continuity and fix the other problems this offseason and we could see at least a Wild Card game next year.

Coach Gase's original vision was to build a team similar to Denver's offense with Manning controlling the offense at the line. He thought Ryan could be that, but he changed to a compatible vision organized around a physical running game. He realized that was too much for Ryan and his offensive players at this time. In the middle of having to motivate and trim the fat, he altered his vision. That is an attribute of a good coach.

His players are giving full effort. He has built the credibility to cut players without losing the team because he was fair. He has been growing as a head coach. I just do not see why he has been criticized to the level on this board. It is a long season, and the Phins may regress or not meet expectations. I am impressed with the job he has done to this point.

I think you hit the nail right on the head with this one. I honestly thought he was just going to continue to try and stuff that system down our throats. Im glad to see he changed that. I never gave up on him but I was starting to doubt him after the last two losses but Gase will be a great freaking coach for years to come.

That's true. The difference being that Gase adapted his offense to Peyton Manning's offense. Manning did not have to learn a complete new system in one off season. It may or may not have been too early for Tannehill and the rest of the offense to run the up-tempo offense or it may have been as simple as getting the O-line healthy and playing. Judging by the post game PC, Gase seemed to think it was the latter.

Back
Top Bottom