Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami

Nublar7 said:
Or Edwards. If we don't take a RB AND we stay at #2, I hope we take Edwards.

All of it is starting to make sense to me now. I think that if Saban stand pat, we will take the BPA. Since Smith will be gone and i dont think that Saban really likes Rodgers that much. We will draft Edwards with #2. But i am sure that the Vikes are working out a trade with us as we speak.

PhinDude88 said:
All of it is starting to make sense to me now. I think that if Saban stand pat, we will take the BPA. Since Smith will be gone and i dont think that Saban really likes Rodgers that much. We will draft Edwards with #2. But i am sure that the Vikes are working out a trade with us as we speak.
I agree. I really think the odds of us trading down are very good. If we do trade with Minny, we will most likely recieve both their first rounders and possibly a second day pick. :D

If Smith is gone, Saban will have to convince Minnesota we will take Edwards. This may force them to trade up...basically tell them if they don't cough up the two 1st's, we're going to announce Edwards as our pick. Either Rodgers or Edwards will be the pick at two. A RB won't come off until 4 at the earliest.

I hope that the Vikes will give us both of their 1st rounders and their 3rd rounder.

PhinDude88 said:
I hope that the Vikes will give us both of their 1st rounders and their 3rd rounder.
That would be a dream come true, because I think Saban would then take a RB then at #7.

Nublar7 said:
I agree. I really think the odds of us trading down are very good. If we do trade with Minny, we will most likely recieve both their first rounders and possibly a second day pick. :D

I don't think the 9'Ers drafting A. Smith is the worst thing to happen to the Dolphins, if he does get drafted by them.

We don't know if Gruden wouldn't make a similar move for Rodgers. And/or if the Vikes get nervous they may try and make sure we don't draft Edwards, or they may trade their 1st round picks to get Edwards after we select him.

All I know is we are going to end with one hell of a player or we are going to end with a solid draft class.

Nublar7 said:
That would be a dream come true, because I think Saban would then take a RB then at #7.

I agree with Saban going after a RB with #7. I say that it will likely be Williams or maybe even Brown will be there for us. I just hope that we will get one of the Auburns RB with our top pick.

Phinfan31 said:
To the starter of this thread, its been revealed that we are not considering taking a RB with the #2 pick because of value like you said, however ALEX SMITH is likely just as much as Rodgers, the 49ers are still very much leaning towards Rodgers over Smith so that would most likely be the pick, I dont understand why you didnt include Smith, you said Rodgers or Edwards....read the front page of this website...

Well I left out Smith just because the main point Schefter made in this segment was that the Niners settled on Smith.

I know there is a contract to be worked out, but if they want him, I think they will get him. Who knows at this point....

Maybe it's my predisposition to negativity, but I don't like this news.

The real news--the most important news--is that the 49ers have successfully shifted the spotlight from the second to the first overall pick. Now Minnesotta, Tampa Bay, and others are going to be competing with one another to get the top pick so they can pick Edwards or Smith or whomever. The 49ers can keep the pick or get a bunch and trade down. This is what we wanted to do, and the 49ers have stolen our thunder! Sure we can pick up the BPA at 2, but our chance at stockpiling picks has gone way down!

F*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Schefter says league observers say Fins are not considering a RB at #2 . Are these the same league observers who told Boomer that the Fins were seriously considering taking Cedric Benson at #2, or are these the guys who KB21 was referring to when he posted that Saban and the staff loved how they would be able utilitize Ronnie Brown in their offense. I love how guys on this board can call BS on a report they don't agree with, but treat a report more to their liking as gospel.

leageu sources are BS. they don't know half of what's going on... they just hear saban said smith so they said that..

look for brown at #2.

Sources are only informed because the coaches want them to be. They only know what Saban wants them to know. That's why we can't know anything for sure until draft day.

His Dudeness said:
leageu sources are BS. they don't know half of what's going on... they just hear saban said smith so they said that..

look for brown at #2.

You're in denial, just like every other Brown lover.

Back
Top Bottom