Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB For Miami

Dolfan1000

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
He just reported according to "league observers", that if Miami cannot move down, they will be drafting Braylon Edwards or Aaron Rodgers.

They dont feel like the value is there in a RB. Hmm...

i don't understand the whole goddang value thing. You'd think whatever player would have the biggest impact on your team would be the most valuable. And that is a RB!

normally i would call BS - but Schefter is almost always right.....

this has me worried. QB, cool, but WR? we need a RB ten times more than a WR...

you know what? i just realized we probably "said" that knowing that we want to trade down and someone who really wants edwards or rodgers (read: tampa and minny) will THINK we are going to grab them, thus they will trade up to get our pick.

tada!

If we cant trade down and we arent going to take a RB at #2 I really hope we take Alex Smith. If I get my wish though we'll trade down to 5 and Ronnie Brown is still sitting there waiting for us.

I now think that we will trade down with the Vikes and take whichever RB(Williams likely will) is left with #7.

It was on NFL Total Access- no link.

I dont think anyone has any idea and I think Niners are completely full of it with this Alex Smith stuff. Like Schefter said, Nolan was pretty angry that we were getting all the action and wanted to make sure everyone knew that they could very well take Alex, so anyone who wants to deal must deal with them. Schefter also said they are very far apart on a contract, and with a notoriously cheap owner, this could all be a smokescreen for them to trade down.

I want to trade down but if we stay, I still think Ronnie is our player. Who cares about money for now. Value is not measured in dollars and cents. Smith, I'm not buying into -- I just don't think he'll make it over the hump..a small rock in a jar of stones.

Dolfan1000 said:
It was on NFL Total Access- no link.

I dont think anyone has any idea and I think Niners are completely full of it with this Alex Smith stuff. Like Schefter said, Nolan was pretty angry that we were getting all the action and wanted to make sure everyone knew that they could very well take Alex, so anyone who wants to deal must deal with them. Schefter also said they are very far apart on a contract, and with a notoriously cheap owner, this could all be a smokescreen for them to trade down.

That's a good point but if nobody bites and they take Rodgers, we've got 15 minutes to make a deal.

texasPHINSfan said:
you know what? i just realized we probably "said" that knowing that we want to trade down and someone who really wants edwards or rodgers (read: tampa and minny) will THINK we are going to grab them, thus they will trade up to get our pick.

tada!

You JUST realized this? It has been Sabans plan from the second he got here to make sure no one knows what we are gonna do.

Back
Top Bottom