Adam Schefter says Fins interested in Atogwe for right price | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter says Fins interested in Atogwe for right price

What I take out of all of this is that we may not be interested in him unless we turn out to be.

Or we can overpay for the FS so many seem to think is the answer to our SB prayers, while coming off serious injury, wants huge $, and has been allowed to test the market by the relatively talentless Rams. This is really good logic too.

FYI I never said pay him what Atogwe is looking for, hopefully try to get him on the cheap. And save all that lockerroom stuff...Joey Porter's transcendence around these boards magically changed from cancer to leader while piling up sacks in 2008...and then back to cancer lol.

1. Nobody ever said Adalius was going to get anywhere near Atogwe's Price.
2. I never said to overpay Atogwe his extremely high asking price.
3. Joey was nice and happy when he was tearing the league apart two years ago, but when he couldn't get near the quarterback (ranked almost dead last in qb rushing efficiency if i recall correctly), and our coaching staff put in Cam Wake (who if i also remember correctly, was only second to Dwight Freeney in qb rushing efficiency) he became a cancer.

And part of the reason the rams are letting him walk is because they are in the process of selling their team. When you are selling your team, throwing money at players the next regime might not want doesnt do any good. Hence why bradford will still probably remained unsigned until the transaction is complete.

And as for the fact that he is coming from a talentless team, like thats supposed to discredit him somehow.....

Steven Jackson, must be awful.
Maurice Jones drew, oh god is he awful.

Bottom line, spending the money on a quality player is better than wasting it on dirt.

Wow, Jeff Darlington caught with his pants down, and then says in a most non-committal way "If the price is right they'll get him".

Stay tuned for the breaking news: "If the Dolphins decide they want Atogwe, they might get him".

MJD plays for the Rams? And nice job bringing up Jackson, I'm pretty sure every NFL team has talent in at least one position.

Anyway, whatever...pass rusher might prove to be a more need position for us than FS. We have some guys that hopefully will step up in the secondary, or move Will Allen if need be. I realize people think Wake is the 2nd coming around here, but the jury is out(especially in run support), and he's our best option on the outside right now. Either way, I doubt anyone will be willing to follow Otogwe's leadership IF he cant stay on the field.

And I'm not discrediting anyone, just looking at the obvious red flag of StL allowing him to walk, and him still unsigned.

sigh* missed the point regarding MJD and steve. Not saying he played for the rams, just saying that beyond bad teams do have quality players. and we addressed OLB in the draft. Spending a high second rounder on Misi.
And what is this fallacy that Atogwe cant stay on the field???

Do a little research....
since beocming a starter........

2006- 16 games played and started
2007- 16 games played and started
2008- 16 games played and started
2009- 12 games played and started

he obviously has in injury history and cant stay on the field. who would want a guy that plays in 94% of the games since becoming a starter and over those 60 games played in,18 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles.

Too much money at the moment maybe, but atleast get the facts right.

darlington is awful. he always seems to be talking out of his a$$. i cant stand that espn always brings him on to talk about ********** he sucks

I'm surprised everyone has managed to be as tight-lipped as they have regarding Atogwe, including sources close to him. When there's no real information to be had, journalists end up talking out of their opinion-holes. Tuna must get a huge kick out of watching them do that. In fact, it's probably the main reason for his veil of secrecy.

Or we can overpay for the FS so many seem to think is the answer to our SB prayers, while coming off serious injury, wants huge $, and has been allowed to test the market by the relatively talentless Rams. This is really good logic too.

FYI I never said pay him what Atogwe is looking for, hopefully try to get him on the cheap. And save all that lockerroom stuff...Joey Porter's transcendence around these boards magically changed from cancer to leader while piling up sacks in 2008...and then back to cancer lol.

We can overpay all we want considering the money doesn't come out of my account :hump:

sigh* missed the point regarding MJD and steve. Not saying he played for the rams, just saying that beyond bad teams do have quality players. and we addressed OLB in the draft. Spending a high second rounder on Misi.
And what is this fallacy that Atogwe cant stay on the field???

Do a little research....
since beocming a starter........

2006- 16 games played and started
2007- 16 games played and started
2008- 16 games played and started
2009- 12 games played and started

he obviously has in injury history and cant stay on the field. who would want a guy that plays in 94% of the games since becoming a starter and over those 60 games played in,18 interceptions and 14 forced fumbles.

Too much money at the moment maybe, but atleast get the facts right.
That was your MJD point?

And I never said he hasnt been on the field, I'm saying the GUY IS CURRENTLY COMING OFF AN INJURY. why is this so difficult to understand?

And dont give me the "we addressed OLB at the draft". We dont know what we have in any of these guys, they havent played a single down, and its a weak arguement. If we can bring this guy in cheap, I really dont see what the problem is. If he doesnt work out, we cut him. If Otogwe and his CURRENT injury dont work out after guaranteed money, it becomes a problem.

That was your MJD point?

And I never said he hasnt been on the field, I'm saying the GUY IS CURRENTLY COMING OFF AN INJURY. why is this so difficult to understand?

And dont give me the "we addressed OLB at the draft". We dont know what we have in any of these guys, they havent played a single down, and its a weak arguement. If we can bring this guy in cheap, I really dont see what the problem is. If he doesnt work out, we cut him. If Otogwe and his CURRENT injury dont work out after guaranteed money, it becomes a problem.

Get off your high horse. Your original point was lets pass on this guy for crap thomas. lol so while we're at it lets sign a bunch of low liabilty crappy players because if they dont work out, eh we just cut them.. we have 8 or 9 olb's in camp right now. Two of which misi and mccoy were drafted to rush the passer.
whats so hard to understand about it is, this guy has done nothing but produce and it seems as if because he played on the rams, its lost that he is a borderline top 5 or 6 FS in the NFL.

I have said all along, RIGHT NOW, his price is too high and the REST OF THE NFL also knows that. However, he's worth an investment. Especially in an uncapped year where you can front load the money so that if he doesnt work out, you dont get burned too badly when the cap comes back.

Btw, "dont give me the we addressed OLB in the draft"....... as if ANYONE knows how ANY pick will work out. we saw it as a point of need, and made moves to address it.

so lets figure this out if we are going to think about investments. you sign another pass rusher, you have to cut 3 by camp most likely.... sounds like a very sound investment.....

WHY do we need a new thread for every single twitter update? This site is unreadable.

Get off your high horse. Your original point was lets pass on this guy for crap thomas. lol so while we're at it lets sign a bunch of low liabilty crappy players because if they dont work out, eh we just cut them.. we have 8 or 9 olb's in camp right now. Two of which misi and mccoy were drafted to rush the passer.
whats so hard to understand about it is, this guy has done nothing but produce and it seems as if because he played on the rams, its lost that he is a borderline top 5 or 6 FS in the NFL.

I have said all along, RIGHT NOW, his price is too high and the REST OF THE NFL also knows that. However, he's worth an investment. Especially in an uncapped year where you can front load the money so that if he doesnt work out, you dont get burned too badly when the cap comes back.

Btw, "dont give me the we addressed OLB in the draft"....... as if ANYONE knows how ANY pick will work out. we saw it as a point of need, and made moves to address it.

so lets figure this out if we are going to think about investments. you sign another pass rusher, you have to cut 3 by camp most likely.... sounds like a very sound investment.....
Keep telling me how imperative it is to pick up Atogwe, while he continues to sit on the open market. and I never suggested he couldnt play bc the Rams decided not to keep him, my concern continues to be that shoulder. Think about it, why are all these teams, including his own backing off a guy that(I agree) is an underrated S?

OLB-wise, yeah we have a ton of them. How many are proven? How many even have played meaningful NFL minutes? whether you like him or not, he'll get a look...and while I dont doubt for a second he's a shell of his former pro-bowl self, I dont agree that he's useless, simply becasue he's been in Belicheck's doghouse for the past 2 seasons.

Keep telling me how imperative it is to pick up Atogwe, while he continues to sit on the open market. and I never suggested he couldnt play bc the Rams decided not to keep him, my concern continues to be that shoulder. Think about it, why are all these teams, including his own backing off a guy that(I agree) is an underrated S?

OLB-wise, yeah we have a ton of them. How many are proven? How many even have played meaningful NFL minutes? whether you like him or not, he'll get a look...and while I dont doubt for a second he's a shell of his former pro-bowl self, I dont agree that he's useless, simply becasue he's been in Belicheck's doghouse for the past 2 seasons.

okay you said something has to be wrong with atogwe because he hasnt been signed yet and he has only been a FA for 2 days now, but thomas hasnt been signed for over a month!!!

Back
Top Bottom