Adam Schein: The arrow's pointing up in Miami, with a coach who regularly gets the most out of his roster. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schein: The arrow's pointing up in Miami, with a coach who regularly gets the most out of his roster.

I think there was panic by a lot of people that still have doubts about Grier. Flores was blasted (to some rightfully so) for the first couple of games. I understand the angst, but not the sentiment that Flores should be fired. Those were the posts that were beyond....terrible.

I agree that the team is solid as of now. Maybe a tick below due to a few pieces still needed. But it still feels so much different that the last few era's of Dolphin football that even the naysayers should at least acknowledge the growth of this team. The veterans are proving to be good pieces even if short-term, the rookie linemen have made this draft special even without Tua playing any minutes of consequence. I never felt comfortable with boy genius (Gase) or Philbin (What the...), but there is something about Flores that oozes "I have a plan." And I think his plan is far better than we all realize. I'm willing to give this time to do it the RIGHT way. We may all be satisfied with the end result.

I think there was panic by a lot of people that still have doubts about Grier. Flores was blasted (to some rightfully so) for the first couple of games. I understand the angst, but not the sentiment that Flores should be fired. Those were the posts that were beyond....terrible.

I agree that the team is solid as of now. Maybe a tick below due to a few pieces still needed. But it still feels so much different that the last few era's of Dolphin football that even the naysayers should at least acknowledge the growth of this team. The veterans are proving to be good pieces even if short-term, the rookie linemen have made this draft special even without Tua playing any minutes of consequence. I never felt comfortable with boy genius (Gase) or Philbin (What the...), but there is something about Flores that oozes "I have a plan." And I think his plan is far better than we all realize. I'm willing to give this time to do it the RIGHT way. We may all be satisfied with the end result.
I agree. The Fins have sucked for many, many years and it will take 3-5 years to turn it around. One of the best traits of these regime is that they DO NOT hold on to their mistake players. Howard doesn't even play even though he was a FA signing. He is not working out and is getting no play time and will probably be jettison out at some point.

Gaskins is outplaying all the other FA RBs and he is playing more than they are because he is out performing them. That is the way it should be. Fins are in good shape and should get better as the season goes along. If they go 8-8 they are on the right track. If they do better, so be it. Make haste slowly!

First few games most people were in a panic because the Fins looked shaky? Really? Young team, no real training camp or preseason. What did you expect?

^^ This echoes my thinking.

MIA has the youngest roster in the league. One player over 30. And they had a lot of roster turnover. And some key injuries.

It’s not a stretch to believe they may have been effected by the lack of training camp and preseason games more than most other teams.

As you’d expect from a well-coached team, they have shown a lot of improvement after the first two games — which while regular season games were essentially like preseason games since they didn’t have any.

And they played those first 2 games against a veteran team with arguably the GOAT HC that happened to have a former MVP starting at QB. Then they faced an upper-tier AFC team that’s had their core together for a few years now.

They play both those teams again, so we should get a pretty good idea how much they really have improved.

Oh haha I read that at first he is 6th in resourcefulness and I almost immediately had a brain aneurism trying to think about who is more resourceful than he is :p

I agree. The Fins have sucked for many, many years and it will take 3-5 years to turn it around. One of the best traits of these regime is that they DO NOT hold on to their mistake players. Howard doesn't even play even though he was a FA signing. He is not working out and is getting no play time and will probably be jettison out at some point.

Gaskins is outplaying all the other FA RBs and he is playing more than they are because he is out performing them. That is the way it should be. Fins are in good shape and should get better as the season goes along. If they go 8-8 they are on the right track. If they do better, so be it. Make haste slowly!
sounds an awful lot like fail forward fast, and i don't want to go there

I really like Flores from what I see, his demeanour reminds me of John Harbaugh, and I hope he's our coach for a long time which is almost 100% dependent on if Tua pans out . Only headscratcher for me is hiring a 70 year old O-coordinator but I digress.

I really like Flores from what I see, his demeanour reminds me of John Harbaugh, and I hope he's our coach for a long time which is almost 100% dependent on if Tua pans out . Only headscratcher for me is hiring a 70 year old O-coordinator but I digress.
I may be in the minority but I like how the offense is progressing.

Impressed so far, we have been in every game and could of won them all. The difference will be jumping from average to elite is the qb play. Fitz is fun and all but if Tua is even half as good as he was in college then this team can make a serious run this year if he ever gets in.

I can’t stand Schein but yep arrow is pointing up. That scheme based pass rush is starting to really flash of late. And it seems like we are getting much more assignment sound play.

Eric rowe had his best game Sunday. McCain tackled at a consistent clip ogbah is making retaining that second year option on his 2 year deal look easy.

getting some thump from roberts of late and they seem to have figured out how to hide their off ball lb level with heavy rotation.

and of course x.

add in gailey is calling a hell of a game as a coordinator and yep arrow up.

two of those red zone tds half this message board could have thrown for lol.

gailey ballin too.

add in gailey is calling a hell of a game as a coordinator and yep arrow up.

two of those red zone tds half this message board could have thrown for lol.

gailey ballin too.

Pretty much this. Biggest complaint i has early was red zone play calling but in the last 2 weeks Gailey has done a great job of calling plays to get easy TDs (especially thr ones to Shaheen and Smythe) plays like that are things our offense has missed for a long time. Hell he had another drive where Cox was schemed wide open and Fitz instead tried to rocket a ball into Smythe

You have to like "the plan" so far. The Offense is way up in scoring and looking like they have found chess pieces for the OL. The Defense with the early scoring, is being allowed to be more attack oriented. The new pieces on D are jelling nicely with game playing time, and film study. Did I mention we have yet to see much of our "franchise quarterback".

Myles Gaskins is the biggest surprise improver on the team (and it's great to see). Interesting throwaway comment by Jerome Baker the other week. He said that the football media were surprised by Gaskins contribution but he and his defensive teammates were not surprised. They saw Myles delivering every day at training camp.

The announcers said something, which I think a lot of us knew already. That Flores was a scout and was planning on being a GM before getting into coaching I think this has helped us tremendously in finding talent that fits.

Most coaches can't do it and when they try to end up like Bill O'Brien.
Thanks for sharing, I missed that tidbit of information!

Back
Top Bottom