Adams capable of SOLB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adams capable of SOLB?

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
draft gurus, is Adams capable of playing SOLB in the nfl? and do you see miami doing such things now that saban is gone or do you see simple stuff happening wiht our defense? hoping Capers can do waht Saban did wiht JT and make things amazingly confusing on Defense and plug them in places where other coaches just might not think of.

he is 6'5 and 260 but hear he is pretty fast and his tackling is so so kinda like D Freeney b/c he just blows off the line and out of play but maybe pull of a Shawn merriman.

That would be sweet because he could be a blitzing linebacker in our 3-4:wink:

Ikaika Alama-Francis, the perfect fit in our style of defense. He look like a monster before he got hurt in the hula bowl.

I'm not sure about Gaines Adams. Like Merriman, he was invisible in Clemson's bowl game.

Invisible? Are you sure you were looking at the right game? He had two sacks in the game. Unfortunately I don't think he was in the very good football shape as he kept leaving the game because he was tired.

draft gurus, is Adams capable of playing SOLB in the nfl? and do you see miami doing such things now that saban is gone or do you see simple stuff happening wiht our defense? hoping Capers can do waht Saban did wiht JT and make things amazingly confusing on Defense and plug them in places where other coaches just might not think of.

he is 6'5 and 260 but hear he is pretty fast and his tackling is so so kinda like D Freeney b/c he just blows off the line and out of play but maybe pull of a Shawn merriman.

Adams was used similar to the way Maryland used Merriman his senior year. He played both left and right sides of the defense either in the up or down position depending on the situation.

If he falls to us, I don't think we can pass him up. He could definately play SOLB for us.

It's a possibility. It really depends on what Capers wants to do.

Some 3-4 teams prefer to run with two converted DE pass rushing OLBs, while some teams prefer a big "traditional" OLB and a rush guy.

Back
Top Bottom