Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

Guys Cutler was well protected most of the night, it has nothing to do with ability to throw deep, the second of two deep throws in the game and parker made an outstanding catch for a big gain. Gase simply refuses to try.

Our ENTIRE o-line stinks. Everyone of the starters blow chunks. That totally handcuffs our offense.

On the plus side, I almost feel like this game was such a highlight of that fact that there is simply no way that the team can stand pat with the status quo. I think there will be big changes to the starting OL this off-season. Hopefully starting with the center.

Guys Cutler was well protected most of the night, it has nothing to do with ability to throw deep, the second of two deep throws in the game and parker made an outstanding catch for a big gain. Gase simply refuses to try.
Go back and watch last year. Team had zero issue going deep.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be taking a deep shot at least every other possession with Parker, especially with how often he's left in man coverage.

But hey, Dolphins.... That's why.

Being Jay Cutler makes it hard to throw deep. I don't think he's completed one all season.

No....he's thrown a few....to Stills & Parker but not many, just dinking and dunking out there.

Protection was adequate enough to be able to chuck it out there, especially prior to 4th Qtr. 3 backup CB's and didnt even attempt.

sighhh.

If they don't go deep because Cutler can't do it, then Gase is to blame for wanting him.

Who would have been better, the huge cancer known as Kap? Unfortunately, considering the relationship Gase and Cutler had, this was the best choice.

If they don't go deep because the QB doesn't have time, then Tannenbaum and Gase are to blame for not replacing all of the o-linemen.

The O-line for the most part was not horrible last year, they thought with Tunsil at LT, a healthy Pouncey, a pickup in the offseason of Larsen, and the draft of Asiata, they did enough, but as is out team, we lose Larson most of the year, Pouncey not practicing that much hurting his effectiveness, Tunsil not ready for LT as well as Asiata ready for any of the guard positions, they failed, but there was not way anyone could know how this year would go.

If they don't go deep because Gase prefers the short pass, then Gase is to blame.

Gase got who he thought was the best option to help continue this team to grow, but if the QB has deficiencies, a good HC will not force them and allow him to fail. When/If Gse see's Cutler is capable to consistently throw deep passes without throwing INTs, he will start allowing him to go deep.

The way I see it, the only way for Miami to be successful is to start by replacing Tannenbaum and Gase.

Miami is without it's starting QB, not effectiveness on the O-line, or RB position, yet for the 2nd year in a row Miami is finding ways to be competitive...have we forgotten how this team played with HCs past.

I haven't seen many situations this year where there was a deep guy with separation that got ignored. I don't watch the endzone tape or whatever people call it, so I could be very wrong, but I'd say the route trees aren't made up that way due to our OL. I think Cutler could put the ball on someone down the field if he was comfortable and had time. I don't blame him for happy feet, honestly, with this line (although it did look a TON better at moments last night) - hopefully something that will evolve throughout the season if he stays in 1 piece.

On the plus side, I almost feel like this game was such a highlight of that fact that there is simply no way that the team can stand pat with the status quo. I think there will be big changes to the starting OL this off-season. Hopefully starting with the center.

This oline needs major infusion of nasty,big,strong men. We see the defense is hitting hard and getting more physical, but still room for growth. The offense is pathetic. They need to watch the 72-73 season and learn what a real team is supposed look like.

No threat of the run game takes the long all off the table and the defense back on the field, even with a stellar QB rating against a bad defense. Carolina is really going to bust Gases gonads.

Gase don't know that the Radiers have worst pass deep ball back field in the game. Obviously

It's Jay Cutler. To think Gase didn't draw up any deep balls is so ridiculous. Tannehill and Gase did a fine job last year at throwing the deep ball (4th best). He wouldn't just stop calling it especially with Stills and Parker still on the team.

Back
Top Bottom