Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

not trying to sound like a total homer, but I recall a decent amount of ints last year that I would place on the wr for whatever reason, usually a drop/tipped pass, I can't fault a qb for those

There should be a stat that somehow puts an asterisk on Ints that got dropped. It feels so much different with Cutler after being comfortable knowing Tannehill will usually make the right decisions. A 67.1 comp % is top notch. Tannehill tended to make the smart decision which sometimes turned bad (taking sacks) but also made us have confidence in him (low Ints). Tannehill's decision making as a passer was too safe until Gase got here and Tannehill starting throwing bombs. Having a 67 comp % is very good for the 4th best deep ball QB in the NFL. He'll never be the next Aaron Rodgers ,but he is good enough to win with. Speaking of A-God, his Td-Int ratio is 310 to 75!!! I didn't get to see Montana, Aikman, Young or even the prime Marino but Rodgers has got to be the best QB I've ever seen. And the dude can run lol Great pick Nick!! Brown over Rodgers lol

A couple of people have tried charting interceptable passes. Cian Fahey is a raging asshole with weird opinions, but sometimes his analysis is useful or interesting. That's one of the things he's charted: "Interceptable passes." I think Ian Wharton, who mostly does analysis of cornerbacks, has done that, too.

Honestly I don't think it's the most useful thing to look at, as that sort of stuff will sort itself out in time. You can only get so lucky with dropped interceptions, or interceptions called back on penalties for so long. Best example of this would be Nick Foles, who had something insane like a 27:1 TD:INT ratio that one season under Chip Kelly, but if you watched the Eagles, you saw that he had something nutty like 5 flat-out dropped interceptions and several more that got nullified by penalty. That caught up to him in his next gig and that's part of why he had the most efficient season a quarterback's ever had in history and is currently a third stringer somewhere.

I do know that both of them have commented that Tannehill's been very unlucky on some of his interceptions (especially in 2016), but again, interceptions are interceptions. If you are making smart decisions with the football, eventually you are going to get some good breaks instead of some bad ones, and then you're going to have a season where you only throw 3 of 'em. And then opinion swings the other way...

Here's one I saw on the Twitter Dolphins news feed I thought you would (not) enjoy:

Yeesh!

I cant tell if that was a designed play or just Cutler being Cutler.

At the top of the screen it does look like we have a guy wide open on a deep post pattern, but hard to tell from that clip.

Here's one I saw on the Twitter Dolphins news feed I thought you would (not) enjoy:

Yeesh!

Well that’s a 3 man rush zone blitz cutler ids it correctly he just settles for the dump. The zone drops are taking away the middle of the field

In terms of the decision relative to the coverage played he’s correct that’s called saving it for another down.

I’m well aware though that we probably needed him to make a play there. I’ve seen a lot of qbs Id that 3 man and throw the dump.

Usually if you want to beat that coverage you have to leave the pocket create time for guys to uncover and rip one.

Bad examples are the fading away back foot throw to stills weeks ago where had he stood in at the top of his drop stills had the corner stacked and the safety flat footed...instead it looked like a fair catch type floater we got away with cause the corner didn’t locate the football for a pi. Should have been 6

I will bet you guys all the money in my wallet that Ryan Tannehill will stand in...

Mentally that kid won’t be deterred fresh off an acl or not

Well the first counter I see on this tape from the dc minus Ajayi is more 2 deep.

Less 10 man box fronts. Now the question is was that a result of Oakland trying to hide its boundary corners due to injury or was that cause there no longer is a physical downhill tone setting presence in the back field...

Maybe it’s a little bit of all of the above...I’d bet Carolina says they can whip us up front with their front 7 or 10 man boxes...

All I know is if you want cutler to throw deep more you need to get them out of that 2 deep and take more 5 step drops... off pa 7 step

And of course drum roll please you need to man up and stand in

The more 2 deep you see the more the tight end has to offset

Great catch, Oakland played a lot of cover 2 and man and I was wondering the same thing. The TE or RB becomes the focal point and we can use our WRs in bunch sets to exploit the 2 deep. This line unfortunately I don't think can hold for 5-7 step dropbacks

What in the world is with this dink and dunk offense? It's sickening. This "D" of the Raiders is known for giving up big plays! Disgusting!!!!!
Why are you shocked by this, this is how he handled him in Chicago as well. Cutler has a big arm but it isn't the most accurte.

Yeesh!

Uh, the guy coming in from the blind side makes contact with him a fraction of a second after he throws it and a delayed rush is breaking through on the weak side and has containment if Cutler decided to run that way...seriously the complaints about Cutler are ridiculous at this point. Raiders defense was playing 2 deep safety the entire game so Cutler took what they were giving him.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dave-hyde-blog/fl-sp-hyde5-20171108-story.html For those of you who kept complaining they weren't throwing it deep.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/j...y-as-miami-dolphins-quarterback-again-9771811 For the haters who can't get enough Cutler hate on. It's a Cutler bashing and Moore fluff piece...well you know until Moore **** the bed against the Ravens the next week.

Cutler has actually been throwing pretty damn good since the 2nd half of the ATL game. He was throwing just fine in the Jets game as well.

Don't worry though, he will have a bad game soon enough. Possibly one against a very good Panther's defense this week. Then you will all have something legit to complain about.

I stand by my statement. These stats are 3 to 4 years old and was before he even played with Gase. Have you watched his throwing this year off his back foot. he is simply inaccurate and throws to many damn interceptions, always has and always will. That is why Gase dinks and dunks him, to limit his mistakes. Way to use bleacher report by the way, that site has zero credibility.

Back
Top Bottom