Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

Cutler gets happy feet very early each play. There's a reason he retired, I think it's because he's tired of getting hit. He throws backing up almost every time. You can't throw deep when you drop your eyes early in the play looking for pass rushers instead of look for an opportunity down field.

Why are you shocked by this, this is how he handled him in Chicago as well. Cutler has a big arm but it isn't the most accurte.

How are you standing behind your statement? This comment is saying Gase saw he was bad with deep passes from his time in Chicago. I link you the stats showing he was good with deep passes while Gase was in Chicago and you say the stats are a few years old. Can't have it both ways and if you say he is inaccurate this year that's one thing. If you claim Gase believes that because of his time in Chicago then you're wrong.

I will bet you guys all the money in my wallet that Ryan Tannehill will stand in...

Mentally that kid won’t be deterred fresh off an acl or not

If he stood in there on the play in this gif that turns into a likely sack/fumble within the next half second from the bliind side

Cutler gets happy feet very early each play. There's a reason he retired, I think it's because he's tired of getting hit. He throws backing up almost every time. You can't throw deep when you drop your eyes early in the play looking for pass rushers instead of look for an opportunity down field.

I agree with this, Chicago never put a good line in front of him. He went from being sacked 1 time per 56 pass attempts in 2008 with Denver to being sacked on a regular basis behind a piss poor Bears Oline.

How are you standing behind your statement? This comment is saying Gase saw he was bad with deep passes from his time in Chicago. I link you the stats showing he was good with deep passes while Gase was in Chicago and you say the stats are a few years old. Can't have it both ways and if you say he is inaccurate this year that's one thing. If you claim Gase believes that because of his time in Chicago then you're wrong.
please read what I wrote, I didn't say he was bad with the deep ball, I wrote he was an inaccurate quarterback. Gase feels that by limiting him to shorter throws, it will limit his mistakes and that is exactly what has happened. He hasn't thrown a ton of interceptions. The guy has a big arm but throws a lot of interceptions. Gase is simply trying to limit his mistakes and that is all. Good job googling random stats that don't apply though

If he stood in there on the play in this gif that turns into a likely sack/fumble within the next half second from the bliind side

What? That's a three step drop and Cutler takes his drop and then falls away.. INTO the rusher, who was blocked wide by Tunsil.

I'll take more 15 and 20-yard pass attempts. And a 25-35 one once or twice a game.

But it is the passes thrown 3 yards on our side of the LOS and the 3-5 yard passes and EVER a 4-yard pass if we need 7 for a first down.

In fact, that is one thing that bugs me. If the other team needs 11 yards for a first down, they attempt a 13-yard pass. If we need 11 yards on 3rd down, we throw a 6-yard pass.

Culter still has the arm, Gase will not turn it loose. These little passes came into vogue several years ago and IMO, they are worn out and do not work if you call them often. He has been a dink and dunker his whole career. It is the "new thing" to be tricky instead of strong.

And we do have an offensive line of "finesse" linemen. I've learned to hate the offensives of this team. Weak and they do not take games.

Giving what the defense will give you is BS. What happens when you meet a defense that will not give you anything? Instead you take what you want and I believe that starts with a power running game. Which we do not have....

If you are going to throw a 3 yard pass, just run it....

I'll take more 15 and 20-yard pass attempts. And a 25-35 one once or twice a game.

But it is the passes thrown 3 yards on our side of the LOS and the 3-5 yard passes and EVER a 4-yard pass if we need 7 for a first down.

In fact, that is one thing that bugs me. If the other team needs 11 yards for a first down, they attempt a 13-yard pass. If we need 11 yards on 3rd down, we throw a 6-yard pass.

Culter still has the arm, Gase will not turn it loose. These little passes came into vogue several years ago and IMO, they are worn out and do not work if you call them often. He has been a dink and dunker his whole career. It is the "new thing" to be tricky instead of strong.

And we do have an offensive line of "finesse" linemen. I've learned to hate the offensives of this team. Weak and they do not take games.

Giving what the defense will give you is BS. What happens when you meet a defense that will not give you anything? Instead you take what you want and I believe that starts with a power running game. Which we do not have....

If you are going to throw a 3 yard pass, just run it....
They are doing it because of personnel. Landry doesn't know how to properly disect a defense on the outside and runs wrong options routes all the time and Stills is our Vertical guy. The reason Parker is so important is that he is really our only complete receiver on the outside, this is the reason I want us to find a guy like Pierre Garcon, a receiver who can run every route would do wonders for this team. Replacing Landry with Garcon would change our entire offense IMHO.

Why is Landry outside? He does seem to have something going for him...I'd keep him until he wants too much.

This does not show where or how far the passes were targetted but it gives an idea of our problem. Cutler long pass is only 36 yards. He only has 10 passes pass 20 yards. And zero past 40 yards. And his average is only 5.9 yards per attempt.

It's 3:30 AM and I just remembered I needed to make this :facepalm

242px-Miami_Dolphins_logo.svg.png
@
191px-Carolina_Panthers_logo.svg.png

151223_tickets_inside_.jpg

at Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte, North Carolina
HOR_STS_MA_lockup_khaki.png

TELEVISION

273px-Monday_Night_Football_logo.svg.png

ESPN National Broadcast

Play-by-Play Analyst: Sean McDonough
Color Commentator: Jon Gruden

Kickoff at 8:30 PM ET

INJURY REPORT

0Xxyo6H.png

K7ComY5.png

WEATHER

bSM7UqC.png

Mostly clear, with a low around 40. North northeast wind 6 to 8 mph.
National Weather Service Greenville/Spartanburg - forecast for Bank of America Stadium

GAME PREVIEWS

ESPN/STATS LLC
NFL.com Video

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom