Adarius Bowman, Ali Highsmith... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adarius Bowman, Ali Highsmith...

JerseyMan

Rookie
Reaction score
I can't understand how these two players were not drafted this year. They both produced for top programs playing against the best players in college football yet nobody will even gamble a late 7th rounder on them....i don't get it?

I don't think Highsmith has the size that Parcells and co. are looking for but man I would be happy if we could get Bowman as a UFA.

Bowman's game doesn't translate well in the NFL is what I have constantly heard. And he is not fast.

Plus he is a dope smoking idiot who's not the most law abiding citizen. He'll be in jail soon. another Maurice Clarett (or whatever his name was)

Bowman won't be picked up by Miami due to character issues, and I don't think Highsmith (though I thought he was great in college) fits the mold of your typical Parcells linebacker.

I'm not sure how you can say his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Here is a scouting report:

Normally you associate Big 12 football with running backs and not wide receivers, but that mind-set will change after the 2007 college football season. With wide receivers Adarius Bowman and Limas Sweed you have two Big 12 receivers that have a legitimate chance of being first round picks in the 2008 NFL Draft. With his size, strength and explosiveness, Adarius Bowman reminds me of Dallas Cowboy receiver Terrell Owens.
Bowman had a rough start to his career, after a spectacular high school career where he was ranked as the top wide receiver in Tennessee and the fifth-best wide receiver in the country by ESPN, he was a 5 star recruit and was recruited by all the major colleges, he eventually chose North Carolina, and played there for two years. As a Tar Heel he played as a true freshman and in his two years there he played in 18 games, caught 28 balls for 510 yards and 5 touchdowns. He left North Carolina after he got into some trouble, reportedly failed a drug test and sat out a year as per NCAA rules, then transferred to Oklahoma State.
Bowman is 6’ 4” 220 pounds and finished the 2006 season as a junior with incredible on-field production. The 2007 College Football Preseason All-American caught 60 passes for 1,181 yards and 12 touchdowns. Bowman is a world class athlete, has great hands and phenomenal leaping ability. Bowman is a former Tennessee Division II Mr. Basketball. Look what he did last year (2006) against Kansas, he finished the game with 14 catches, 300 yards and 4 touchdowns, that’s a half a season’s work for most receivers and Bowman did it in one game. That game set a Big 12 record and he was voted Big 12 offensive newcomer of the year and first-team all-league by the coaches and Associated Press.
Bowman is the epitome of a Big play threat, last year he had scoring receptions of 75, 69, 64, 55, 54, 45 and 34 yards. That shows his game breaking speed to score from that far out. Just how good could Bowman become, Bowman himself recently revealed that last year his vision was so bad he would have been considered legally blind. Adarius Bowman had LASIK surgery this offseason, and he is seeing the ball much better, that’s a scary thought for his opponents.

Sure he has some character issues but I think he is at least worth a look as a UFA.

I think he thought he was going to be a first day pick. I have a feeling that he and his agent are holding out signing with anybody until they get a substantial signing bonus.

He's holding out for 25k to 50k and if he doesn't get that he should put his tail between his legs and sign with the team that will give him the best chance to make a roster......ummm Miami?

He's worth the roll of the dice.

If he flops, kick him to the curb and be done with it, it's not like we have to sign him to a 4-5 yr deal.

I was worried about missing Bowman with no 5th round pick....guess we weren't that interested.

bowman was projected as a top 25 player in the draft before he ran his poor 40 time. i think we could try him out. at least as a UDFA. come on he is a good player and he is UNDRAFTED.

Bowman's speed is fine, it's his off the field behavior that's caused him to go undrafted. Add in the fact that he's been dropping a lot of passes at his workouts AND timed poorly, people have really started to wonder what's going on with him and feared the worst. Given the league's strict drug policy I think a lot of teams just think he's not worth the effort/risk.

Bowman has eye issues, he also was booted from NC after drug problems. He had a terrible Senior Bowl week and then flubbed the Combine as well. At his Pro Day he actually ran slower than he did in Indy, which is remarkable considering how slow his Combine time was.

Bowman has had Lasik surgery recently to correct his vision issue, but the fact he was arrested a 2nd time, and pleaded guilty, will keep him far from Parcell's camp.

Back
Top Bottom