Additional 15 million | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Additional 15 million

Gamble

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
I read the Dolphins received an additional 15 million to the salary cap due to credits for Ferguson and Hill. Can anyone explain this to me. Thanks

Where did you read that? Ferguson is still on the roster?? Ferguson and Hill's cap number weren't close to that.

Can't remember where I read it, I'll have to go back through the news stories, but it was in two separate articles. I just couldn't understand how we could get the credit. I was guessing maybe they didn't meet certain incentives in their contracts.

if this is true where does this put us with left over money

one of the articles was in the dolphin digest insider. It was reported in Adam Caplans Free agency news. League officials stated the Dolphins got a cap credit of slightly over 16 million. I still don't understand why.

a credit for what if anyone knows please chime in

I never saw this anywhere but when incentives aren't met thus not paid out they get added as cap space to the next years number. Those incentives have to be counted against the cap for the year they were intended for. I wonder if that could be it?

whatever the case we got some money to spend now

If you are able to post the article, I should be able to explain it.

It might be talking about LTBE and NLTBE incentives. 3rdandinches hinted on it. A common practice for some teams with salcap space in any given year is to add incentives to contracts to take up cap space and then roll over that cap space the following year if those incentives arent met. I think Minnesota did it with like 20+ million a few years ago.

However, without reading the article, no one can explain to you what it is talking about. We can only guess.

Back
Top Bottom