Adios Burke | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adios Burke

Ross 'implored' his employees? For real?
hes probably not allowed to fire anyone.

if you have cash flow problems chances are you are not a billionaire. I mean FFS.

If I have a couple of hundred grand lying around then that must mean Im broke.

Not continuing this further after this because it has nothing to do with the thread topic, but do you understand that “a couple hundred grand” is 10 minutes of gameday payroll top to bottom?

“Cash flow” may not be a problem, im talking about liquid funds on this scale. Its staggering.

Remember that the Jon Martin thing only wentonly happened after the Dolphins decided they were going to put Martin's absence down
The entire coaching staff is a question mark. Burke has been mostly awful this year, but you've got to factor in the lack of talent in the front seven. Does Miami have one player on that front seven that would keep an opposing offensive coordinator up at night? Defenses around the entire league look pretty bad. Even Jacksonville has taken a huge step down. It's almost like the defense doesn't exist in most games, except for a play here and there. That's what you get now.

I hated Burke last year until he put together an absolutely brilliant plan against New England in the game that X. Howard had two key interceptions. Overall, I think I'd like to see a different DC, someone with experience and a proven track record. I think that would really help Gase out since he doesn't seem to want to spend much time with the defense. Ditch the wide 9, get more physical defensive ends and then who knows maybe it will be a competitive defense.

That's a great point. The way the NFL has started to go, can you really blame Burke for running an awful defense? Almost every team in the League has a 'terrible' defense one week or the next.

Remember that the Jon Martin thing only wentonly happened after the Dolphins decided they were going to put Martin's absence down

That's a great point. The way the NFL has started to go, can you really blame Burke for running an awful defense? Almost every team in the League has a 'terrible' defense one week or the next.

I'll give this a 50-50. While I do see your point from a surface level, a good DC is able to create scheme's for the teams they are playing. With Burke we get the same scheme every week and the only reason it works from time to time is because the opposing teams OC is too stupid to counter it. It is both a reflection of our horrendous DC and shitty teams OC. Ex. Jets, Raiders.

After reading that, it really actually sounds like Ross is like any one of us. Fitzpatrick was a good selection, sure, but it really sounded like Ross implored our front office goonies to think about trading down to acquire more picks and spread the money around for more talent versus paying more on one player.

Honestly, he's not wrong. This team has more holes to fill. How ironic would it be if Ross has been asking for basically all the same things we've all been asking for?

As far as the meddling goes... it would be nothing new. The Dolphins have meddled with and constrained every coach since Dave Wannstedt. It's bad enough this team screwed up Nick Saban, vetoed his QB choice, and left him no other choice but to leave... To look at where we've been post-Saban is enough to drive fans away from the NFL permanently.

You always take the elite player. Always. Don’t get cute. Don’t try to outsmart the situation. Take the damn elite player and profit.

Otherwise you pass on Earl Thomas and end up with Koa Misi and Jared Odrick.

I have been convinced for a LONG time that the Dolphins organization is not favored at all by the league brass and that there is something the league wants the Dolphins to do that they will not do, which is causing the team to get shortchanged.

Goodell is notoriously PC and I am afraid he wants to favor some teams more than others because of non-football related factors.

I have been convinced for a LONG time that the Dolphins organization is not favored at all by the league brass and that there is something the league wants the Dolphins to do that they will not do, which is causing the team to get shortchanged.

Goodell is notoriously PC and I am afraid he wants to favor some teams more than others because of non-football related factors.
I 100% agree.

When I first read the title of this thread, I had an overwhelming feeling of joy and contentment that the idiot was gone. But upon reading, my joy quickly turned to sorrow when I realized the team was still inflicted with that cancer.

We are coming off the bye. If this dude doesn’t come up with a wrinkle this week that sets the colts back in some regard this guys out the door.

That is what coaching does. Extra week we need to see something schematically that we haven’t shown yet and colts specific even.

Yeah he’s gone.

They will blame the dc before they blame the players

But apparently, according to the 3YPC podcast, Gase was told that he couldn't go get the DC he wanted, and Ross instead told him to find a cheap in-house option.

Wait, what? I appreciate Chris's content as much as the next guy, but this seems off. Why would he do such a thing?

If this truly is the case, its time for me to reevaluate Ross!

Back
Top Bottom