Admins? Comments with reps? No ID. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Admins? Comments with reps? No ID.

NewYorkDolphin

Active Roster
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but why does FH allow rep points with comments but no ID of the person leaving comments? I understand some posters may attack someone who has left negative feedback but I would just like to know to go back and reference the thread the poster might be referring to.

It seems to me rep point are pointless (no pun intended really) if the person leaving the point is not accountable for their comment. I think many more people would be hesitant to leave rude comments and the rep points would be more accurate relating to forum members.

It is amazing what people will say when they know they can't be identified.

Thanks. :D

Edit - I did read some of the answers to others posts re: same type question. I really just wanted to see if any changes regarding reps had been discussed since then. As others have said, they are just red, green or orange dots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm missing something but why does FH allow rep points with comments but no ID of the person leaving comments? I understand some posters may attack someone who has left negative feedback but I would just like to know to go back and reference the thread the poster might be referring to.

It seems to me rep point are pointless (no pun intended really) if the person leaving the point is not accountable for their comment. I think many more people would be hesitant to leave rude comments and the rep points would be more accurate relating to forum members.

It is amazing what people will say when they know they can't be identified.

Thanks. :D

Edit - I did read some of the answers to others posts re: same type question. I really just wanted to see if any changes regarding reps had been discussed since then. As others have said, they are just red, green or orange dots.

In your User CP, it lists the post(click on it and it will take you there) that was repped, whether it was positive(green) or negative(red) and any comments. The user name is not listed because as you pointed out, it could cause the person who got a negative rep to go back and give a negative rep to the other person just for the sake of getting even.

One person can not give reputation to the same person over and over again. You must "spread the wealth" before going back to the same person. For example, if you give me negative reps for this post, you most then give reputation(positive or negative) to five other people before coming back to me.

I'm not sure I like having no name there. I really don't like seeing "**** you and yo mama for having u *****" in my user CP and knowing I have no idea who said that. I don't care about giving negative rep back, I just want to confront whoever is doing that knowing I'll never know who did that. I don't know what part of " The Saints have been building and building their team to get where they are now, we've only been building for two years. " deserves that kind of talk?

It really just ruins the fun in being here, and I don't even know if I want to stick around much longer when I have to deal with immaturity like that.

I'm not sure I like having no name there. I really don't like seeing "**** you and yo mama for having u *****" in my user CP and knowing I have no idea who said that. I don't care about giving negative rep back, I just want to confront whoever is doing that knowing I'll never know who did that. I don't know what part of " The Saints have been building and building their team to get where they are now, we've only been building for two years. " deserves that kind of talk?

It really just ruins the fun in being here, and I don't even know if I want to stick around much longer when I have to deal with immaturity like that.
We treat personal attacks in the rep system like we treat personal attacks on the board. If you feel like it is a personal attack, send a PM to an Admin and they can review the rep comment in question and take any needed action against the person who left the comment. We still won't give out the name of who left the comment, but we will take care of it behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom