Admins: Maybe It's Enough With The Top-Loaded Birthday Announcement Clutter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Admins: Maybe It's Enough With The Top-Loaded Birthday Announcement Clutter

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Aside from it being a diversionary eye-sore, since FH has begun this, I've noticed very few posters I'm familiar with who might actually be around to appreciate the acknowledgment. Having linked this morning to a random 5 birthday posters, I found these to be their last FH activity dates:

March 06
Nov 06
May 08
August 07
April 17, 09

So essentially 80% haven't been around here in well over 1.5 years to enjoy their shout-outs and some in over 3 years, and the one who has, is just as unlikely to be around on their specific birth day. If this stat holds up daily, seems like a lot of cluttered, in-your-face space devoted to folks who've moved on.

Now there's nothing wrong with the B-day threads.. that's another story entirely, but IMO, this ever-present cluster of unfamiliar names, while well-intended, more often than not, falls on deaf ears.

I agree. I don't claim to know everyone on this site but when those names pop up at the top, I scratch my head and wonder who the hell all of these people are

hmmmmmm.
582623_f520-1.jpg

You say it's applesauce23's birthday, well it's funkbunkers and finsfanfrmtulsa's too, yeah

clear.gif

You say it's applesauce23's birthday, well it's funkbunkers and finsfanfrmtulsa's too, yeah

clear.gif

Hey Chip (if your avi= your pic, you must be quite the ladies' man, eh?)

I just took out the old random mousedart so together, we can wish these 1st 10 FH'ers a very happy birthday, before today actually ends. Ready now??

groovmastaj 8/08
semper-viligans 8/07
sakina 3/09
DolphinAddict 11/04
AtlFalcon 3/08
corinedavis2000 7/07
Superplayer 3/06
mrmagoomrmagoo 4/06
Goergiafinfan 4/07
JBeck_Dolphin 6/07

Back
Top Bottom