Adrian McPherson wows Dolphins scouts in workout | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson wows Dolphins scouts in workout

canesfins13 said:
AFL stats mean nothng!!!!. This guy is not that great, and I saw him play in college.
yeah, when he was a frosh or a sophomore. you cant base anything off of that

I dont know if the guy has poor character or not but character is an issue when drafting and he certainly is going to slip because of it. Its logical to take the risks of using a pick on someone that has made mistakes into consideration. Youre not even considering them and thats not logical. You may think getting kicked off of a team for breaking the rules and stealing money are not big issues but Saban and the PHins might
Obviously u know less information than most other people around here. He was kicked off the team before the case was settled. Bowden was retarted for doing it and he probably regretted it later cuz Rix sucks compared to McPherson. And in the SI article it states that McPherson returned to the team for a practice and apologized to everyone and Bowden was shocked. He couldnt believe how much he had changed and how sincere he was. Bowden said he is proud of him, he is still part of the Seminole family and he will be pulling for him in the future.

I dont know about you but if a coach of such high esteem (Bowden) can completely support McPherson, Saban should as well. Saban said in one of his interviews that he wants to have a young quarterback he can groom for the job in the future and doesnt require a big contract, playing time, etc. I see McPherson as that guy for sure. And out of all the teams that viewed his workouts, the Fins are the only team that needs a qb. I officially dub Adrian McPherson as my steal of the draft.

I read on here that McPhearson threw something like a 72 yard pass FLAT FOOTED!!! He made a stupid mistake, and he has more than paid for it. The guy was kicked out of school and ended up in the AFL. People on here are quicker to forgive Ricky than to forgive McPhearson....its amazing! I wouldnt mind McPhearson at all, I have been a fan of his since he was at FSU and thought he had an amazing career ahead of him. He is by far the most physically gifted QB in the draft, and he has paid for his mistakes. That said the second is to steep of a price for us at this point, in the 3rd maybe but not the 2nd

Most of you guys have NEVER seen him play and to say that he is changed is pure ignorance. Your opinions on this guy mean nothing. He is not as good as advertised or speculated to be, I say that based upon watching him at FSU!

word.

lordlegel said:
McPherson does not have character issues. He made a bad mistake when he was like 18 or 19. Everyone does that. He was kicked off the team before anyone new if he was guilty or not so i think that was a mistake.
Read the Sports Illustrated article about him and you'll change yer mind
I agree whole-heartedly.

"Obviously u know less information than most other people around here. He was kicked off the team before the case was settled. Bowden was retarted for doing it and he probably regretted it later cuz Rix sucks compared to McPherson"

I said he was kicked off, he was. You say Bowden PROBALY regretted it. Apparently you dont know anything about it but hearsay and youre making conclusions, so apparently "u know less information" also.

I would take him but not any higher that the late third round. I think he is best suited as a 4th round pick

I grew up close to bradenton- where he's from. We were about the same age and I got to seem him play hs football and basketball. Sure it was high school and just about any D1 athlete dominates highschool play. But this kid is a phenomenol athlete. Silky smooth and calm under pressure. I watched him drop over 40 points on our basketball team. I also watched him lead a game winning drive of over 70 yards on our football team with less than 50 seconds to play. He was so calm and poised. He didn't seem to panick at all, took just the right amt of time with everything. Funny thing was is he was only a sophmore. Now i know im going to get blasted for this because it was high school, but if a 15 maybe 16 year old kid had that kind of poise and athleticisim, then what will he have at 25 after a few years of development? yes the NFL is OBVIOUSLY way above high school talent wise, but i was very impressed and it was the most remarkable thing i have ever seen on a high school football field.............by the way i have seen a few pretty big names play football around here. Who knows...........this kid has so much potential how can you not wonder what he'll turn into?

Eric-Gofins said:
The guy who lead the league had 99 tds and again your talking about Arena league football. Joe Germanine & Clint Storner is in the top 5 QB this year for Arena football league.

His 61 td ranked 12th in the league.

McPherson dropped out of college has less than 2 years of college education..

Gambled on football..bet on this team... stole a blank check and wrote out $3500 in the name of his friend.

What does "education" deal with how he'll pan out. Most athletes who have enough talent to make it to the big leagues have either no degree or one in an obscure major with the help of lofty teachers.

ih8brady said:
What does "education" deal with how he'll pan out. Most athletes who have enough talent to make it to the big leagues have either no degree or one in an obscure major with the help of lofty teachers.
I agree education isnt the question here... but just curious does anyone know what he scored on the Wonderlic?

I believe someone posted it earlier, and it was a 29 i believe, not positive though.

knight6jb said:
I believe someone posted it earlier, and it was a 29 i believe, not positive though.
Wow that makes his as smart as what 4 vernon careys? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom