Adrian McPherson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
If we can somehow get McPherson in the 3rd or 2nd (if we trade) as well as drafting one of the top 3 RB's in the draft, I think we are looking pretty good. McPherson is a first round talent that is going to drop just because of the check issue at FSU. I currently attend FSU and have seen this kid play in person with my own eyes. Whoever picks this guy up outside of the first round is going to be one of the luckiest teams in this years draft. he has put on about 40lbs of muscle and has a rocket of an arm. They had a whole article on him in ESPN the magazine and guys wouldn't want to catch balls from him when he was just throwing around because he would break their fingers. If we get a stub RB and McPherson, we definitely have something to build on. I think this is our best case scenario. What do you guys think?

Phins34 said:
If we get a stub RB and McPherson, we definitely have something to build on. I think this is our best case scenario. What do you guys think?

you like really short RBs? :)

He was only Mr. Football and Mr. Basketball in Florida. Has over a 40" vertical and blazing speed. Went on to the Arena league after getting kicked out of FSU and won the MVP award in his rookie season. He is a stud.

Wow I knew about this guy and his deal at FSU but I didn't ever think he was 1st round material. Anyone know his 40 time ?????

I was wondering about this guy too.
Seems mature and has that arena football experience so I for one think he would be a good pick-up. You have to wonder if other teams aren't thinking the same thing though.

I think his status is only going to climb as it nears the draft. This kind of thing usually happens with a hot player. The guy was 19 years old when that issue at FSU happened. How much stupid crap has everyone done at 19. He has matured and learned his lesson. He will be good.

Phins34 said:
He was only Mr. Football and Mr. Basketball in Florida. Has over a 40" vertical and blazing speed. Went on to the Arena league after getting kicked out of FSU and won the MVP award in his rookie season. He is a stud.

There are a lot of great athletes walking the streets....not saying someone will not give him a shot.... but with only 5 picks and a lot of holes to fill... I don't see him being part of the plan....

I think his potential greatly outweighs his risk of less than a first round pick and possibly less than a 2nd.

I wouldn't mind spending a later round pick on Mcpherson. If he is available in a later round. I like the best player available for our #2 pick. Pick Braylon Edwards. RB is very deep this year. Trade Patrick Surtain for a 2nd round pick. Use that pick On a rb that has slipped, like Ciatrick Fason, Frank Gore, or Marion Barber III. If Adrian is available at #70 grab him.

I would love to get him, I would love to have a quarterback that is a running threat on the Dolphins!

i would say get him in the 3rd if we can (assuming that we are happy with our RB & WR situation)

Back
Top Bottom