Adrian McPherson???? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson????

TeeMoney said:
''Is it my opinion he's a gambler? It's not opinion. That's what we know,'' said assistant state attorney Georgia Cappleman, whose attempt to prosecute McPherson in 2003 ended in a deadlocked jury. ``He's not only a gambler, he's a crook. Let me put it to you this way: If he was in a room with you, you better watch your wallet.''

:shakeno: That is what he said because that is what he is paid for.

TeeMoney said:
You are probably the one guy in the whole world that has seen him and followed him since he was 17. That doesn't mean your opinion is wrong or right, it just means you like the guy. That's fine, you aren't being ridiculous about him.

When I was in high school I played against Eric Rhett. He was a big name and our team had our homecoming games against his (Miramar High and Macarthur I believe)... anyway I used to love to tell people, "hey, I tackled that guy!". I know, pathetic. But still I hoped for him to become a great player. He wasn't. Familiarity is a powerful bias.

I realize that familiarity is a very powerful bias, I said that in a post of mine about a week or 2 ago. But I really feel with what I have seen is a very raw athlete, I am not one who thinks this kid is going to come in here and be Dan Marino or Ben Rothlisberger, and rip the NFL apart from day one. I realize he lacks experience, but in the right offense and a little bit of time and patience I think he will be a very good QB in this league. As for the stealing of the check and the betting, I have said it before, who hasnt gotten into trouble when they were young, espically in college. Hell I have found a way to get myself into trouble since I was in middel school, but I am learning and growing from it the hard way now. I am not saying by all of this he isnt a risky pick, no doubt he is,but in this day in age, some risk can lead to alot of reward. As for the Elway/Vick comparision, I think those scouts or coaches are on crack, He isnt nearly as fast or have the agility that Vick has, and Elway had an amazing gun, which I think Mcpherson could develop but doesnt have now. I could see Mcpherson being Linehans Culpepper in Miami, or Denny Green's Culpepper in Arizona, wouldnt surprise me with either one of us taking the chance.

FiN.in.RI said:
Meantime, McPherson's qualifications -- at least physically --

Yeah, he is an outstanding physical specimen. I would be unhappy if Saban takes McPherson before the 5th round, however I would support him. He gets by on his athletic ability and I don't think he has the mental fortitude to make it in the NFL.

Some people will say that he made mistakes when he was young, haven't we all? Well, no, we all haven't. Not of the magnitude this guy did. He was still gambling after he was busted for it. IT is a terrible addiction, and I feel sorry for Mcpherson and those close to him that have had to deal with his situation. But I think he feels that getting paid in the NFL will help him with the gambling addiction, and I know he'll just have more money to gamble with. I wouldn't trust him. YOu may, I can respect that.

i can't believe some of you are dissing him for his AFL numbers. first of all, he couldn't play college ball, but at least he played (see: Maurice Clarett). second of all, his numbers might have been average in the AFL, but even the grat Dan Marino had a bad senior season before he was drafted

dolfan_101 said:
If he is such a crook, then why would he even be in the AFL?????

Dude, take off your blinders

He bet on his own team

He forged a $3500 heck

He IS in fact a criminal.Your denial has nothing to do with the recorded fact. :shakeno:

I'm all for giving people a second chance, but i'm not about to turn a blind eye to the facts. His character flaws are not at all appealing, and i don't see Saban looking for head cases or projects in the second rd. He's looking to staff his system.

dolfan_101 said:
Ya nice reasoning:o
:shakeno:

He was kicked out of FSU for theft, which turned into gambling. He wasn't allowed back (remember this is FSU.. they are very forgiving). He was kicked out immediately. No other college would take him so he went to the AFL and played average AFL league ball.

So, yes. He was in the AFL because he's a crook. Got it? ;)

finsrule84 said:
i can't believe some of you are dissing him for his AFL numbers. first of all, he couldn't play college ball, but at least he played (see: Maurice Clarett). second of all, his numbers might have been average in the AFL, but even the grat Dan Marino had a bad senior season before he was drafted

At least he had 3 seasons before he was a senior to gauge his ability.

By the way, what college did McPhereson end up graduating from?

Back
Top Bottom