Adrian McPherson???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson????

Third rounder, I couldnt get the pick in fast enough. I hope we finally have some flash to the O when the draft if finally done and over with.

Doktor Ivel said:
thats when I'd take him as......i think its 2 risky to draft him early.

I agree...the kid hasn't proved he's NFL worthy...has had major problems in the past...and you don't overspend for a risky player. The streets are littered with players that had potential...or had rocket arms...but come game time...just couldn't get it done....never overspend for any player. Never go with the hype...you'll get burned.

dolfan_101 said:
How would you feel if the fins drafted this future stud?

There are many people that think Ronnie Brown fans are just jumping on the bandwagon or influenced by the hype, but Mcpherson fans have to be the number one, biggest, hype-huggin' pick wasting fans I've ever seen.

Maybe if he drops to the 5th, but by then Miami would have chosen Smith or Walters or LeFors.

The guy looks good on paper and when running around in shorts. He didn't play much in college. Does he have the mental makeup to handle the gamespeed and various coverages in the NFL? Nobody knows. He reminds me of Quincy Morgan. Not exactly SB MVP material.
Anything earlier than the 4th round would be a reach.

fishypete said:
I agree...the kid hasn't proved he's NFL worthy...has had major problems in the past...and you don't overspend for a risky player. The streets are littered with players that had potential...or had rocket arms...but come game time...just couldn't get it done....never overspend for any player. Never go with the hype...you'll get burned.
yea, i mean, why take some one risky, when you could go with someone that had a great college career....

Doktor Ivel said:
yea, i mean, why take some one risky, when you could go with someone that had a great college career....

Like Ryan Leaf?

Doktor Ivel said:

Because taking a risk, when nobody else would, could prove to be a great one. Whats the point of anything if you dont have a little risk involved?? You wont get anywhere.

byroan said:
Like Ryan Leaf?
thats where I draw the Line.....you are right on Ryan Leaf.....but I would rather take my chances with someone who had a good college career, rather than some one that got kicked off the team for gambling......

FuturePhin said:
Because taking a risk, when nobody else would, could prove to be a great one. Whats the point of anything if you dont have a little risk involved?? You wont get anywhere.
so are you saying you'd draft a guy that got kicked off the team before a guy that lead his team to a bowl game?????

sounds like a good risk.:shakeno:

TeeMoney said:
There are many people that think Ronnie Brown fans are just jumping on the bandwagon or influenced by the hype, but Mcpherson fans have to be the number one, biggest, hype-huggin' pick wasting fans I've ever seen.

Maybe if he drops to the 5th, but by then Miami would have chosen Smith or Walters or LeFors.

Hey I have been on the McPherson bandwagon long before he was even projected to get drafted. The first time people ask about this kid I said I would love him ot play for the phins. I have followed him since HS, and I think he has all the tools to be a fine Qb in this league.

byroan said:
Like Ryan Leaf?

Ryan Leaf....had everything but the heart to play....with McPherson there's just too many unknowns to draft him high. The world is a big place...but there's only one NFL....and players who only have one year experience in college and arena football....is taking a very large leap of faith.

Back
Top Bottom