Adrian McPherson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian McPherson

chillin6776

Starter
Reaction score
everyone is so in love with this guy, what has he done, nothing, did good in the arena league, but thats it, I like him tto but everyone is obsessed with this guy

You said everyone.Not me.I dont think much of McPherson.I dont think much of Feeley either..I just wanna win football games.

I guess my only thing is that he has natural talent. Granted, he has shown that he has issues off the field, but you can't argue with talent. I thought he would have been our first pick in the fourth round. We gave up a second for Feeley and a seventh for Sage, and McPherson has more natural talent than AJ and more playing time than Sage. I would have just liked to have seen him as our third going into training camp. With the potential to have more talent than any QB drafted, a fourth round pick seems cheap. Oh well, hopefully Feeley or Frerotte can prove serviceable. We're a running team now anyway.

Well if we did draft McPherson, then you would be seeing alot more threads about him.

not really sold on him...the guy played against the poorest of competition in the afl...and has too many ?'s thats why he wasnt drafted anywhere on day 1

chillin6776 said:
everyone is so in love with this guy, what has he done, nothing, did good in the arena league, but thats it, I like him tto but everyone is obsessed with this guy

Is there a point to this thread??

I wanted to take a chance on him b/c he has so much raw ability that with the proper coaching could turn him into a stud. If he gets in the right situation he is someone that could be amazing. How can you ignore him when scouts compare his running ability to Vicks( I know its not as good but something close to his is still pretty good) and they were comparing his arm to Elways.

We didn't draft him. Why are we discussing him?

taylorj99 said:
I guess my only thing is that he has natural talent. Granted, he has shown that he has issues off the field, but you can't argue with talent. I thought he would have been our first pick in the fourth round. We gave up a second for Feeley and a seventh for Sage, and McPherson has more natural talent than AJ and more playing time than Sage. I would have just liked to have seen him as our third going into training camp. With the potential to have more talent than any QB drafted, a fourth round pick seems cheap. Oh well, hopefully Feeley or Frerotte can prove serviceable. We're a running team now anyway.

Well, actually you kinda can argue with talent. If you look up what McPherson did in the AFL, his numbers are about avg with the other QBs in that league. This is a league in which for the most part the players arent good enough for the NFL. Someone with as much talent as McPherson was supposed to have should have set records in every AFL QB category. He didnt. In both the AFL and in his short lived college career McPherson had excellent TD/INT ratios, but his completion percentages left a lot to be desired. On occasion he did have flashes of brilliance, but he couldnt play at that level consistantly. So, you have an avg college/AFL QB that is going to need 2-3 yrs grooming and who has character issues.

I think NO drafted him too high.

chillin6776 said:

McPherson won't cut it in the NFL. He may be an average player at best, but that's it. I would be willing to bet that because he's a bit of a headcase, he'll be out of the league in just a couple of years.

The draft is over and another team has selected McPherson...yet we still have 2-3 threads per day on this guy.

Back
Top Bottom