Adrian "My Main Man" Peterson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adrian "My Main Man" Peterson

dominizzo

CAMERON EARTH WAKE
Reaction score
If Miami has another year like let's say 5-11 or 6-10 you think we can grab this guy. I'm hearing from scouts all over the place that he is the Next Barry yes i said it the next Barry Sanders. I saw him a few times at Oklahoma and he's pretty shifty. I don't want my Phins to finish at that level but if they do i'd like Peterson. A train of thought just came to me though, we have the second do we choose Rodgers/Smith or go with Ronnie (let's say we get a top 5 next year) or do we wait till LEinart comes out whos the better qb at the position or at running back if Peterson comes out do we choose him next year and take the qb's this year with the 2nd.

thnx Dominizzzzzzzzo:cooldude:

I'm not sure if A.Peterson can come out next year,wasn't he a true freshman?

Let's just worry about getting this year's draft right before we look to next year.

All things being equal, waiting to get a QB later is foolish. They are harder to find and take longer to develop. The only reasonable reasons to pass on a QB is if you already have one or if you believe the QB is not a franchise guy.

Yeah he was a true freshman last year......barring any weird circumstances like with Larry Fitzgerald, he won't be eligible until the 2007 Draft.

Namor said:
I'm not sure if A.Peterson can come out next year,wasn't he a true freshman?
Correct, Peterson will only be a true sophomore next season

dominizzo said:
If Miami has another year like let's say 5-11 or 6-10 you think we can grab this guy. I'm hearing from scouts all over the place that he is the Next Barry yes i said it the next Barry Sanders. I saw him a few times at Oklahoma and he's pretty shifty. I don't want my Phins to finish at that level but if they do i'd like Peterson. A train of thought just came to me though, we have the second do we choose Rodgers/Smith or go with Ronnie (let's say we get a top 5 next year) or do we wait till LEinart comes out whos the better qb at the position or at running back if Peterson comes out do we choose him next year and take the qb's this year with the 2nd.

thnx Dominizzzzzzzzo:cooldude:

wishful thinking, but he can't come out til '07, as previously stated

rafael said:
All things being equal, waiting to get a QB later is foolish. They are harder to find and take longer to develop. The only reasonable reasons to pass on a QB is if you already have one or if you believe the QB is not a franchise guy.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Why don't we finish 12-4, win the super bowl, and worry about who's going to fall to the 32nd overall pick. I would take Peterson over any player in the past 3 drafts combined. He is going to be the best back in football when he gets to the NFL.

I hope the Fins are picking in the late rounds next year and have no shot at him..

It will be nice picking late again, since that will mean we had a good season. The sooner things get back to normal, the better! =)

Phinsdude said:
Why don't we finish 12-4, win the super bowl, and worry about who's going to fall to the 32nd overall pick. I would take Peterson over any player in the past 3 drafts combined. He is going to be the best back in football when he gets to the NFL.

The LeBron James of Running Backs maybe? I hope so, we need an exciting RB in the NFL, hell, and exciting PLAYER, someone flashy, nobody really fills that positio in my eyes right now. Peyton's record was ok this season, it prolly woulda been a lot cooler to watch had it not been MARINO's record. I hope Peterson gets here and just tears sh*t up, I'm talkin a few crazy runs a GAME, not just like one highlight reel one every few weeks like we have now.

Back
Top Bottom