AFC East 2005 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East 2005

ch19079 said:
the draft has alot to do with it but if i was gunna bet money...

pats: 12-4 (F**K BRADY :fire: )
jets: 10-6 (both abrahams may/will be gone)
bills: 8-8 :cry: (rookie QB)
fins: 7-9 (draft a RB, made improvments, but not enough)

if the fins draft a QB i would guess a worse record due to a QB contraversy and the lack of a RB.

but after the draft and FA is done alot could change...

if B.B. has anything to do with the Offensive play calling your pats will be 8-8. Pats are due to tumble. Bills with a rookie qb is 8-8 at best. jets 10-6 fins 10-6 pats 8-8 bills at 7-9...yeah i'm in la la land :lol:

i dont think ur in la la land i actually think that will happen with the exception that the bills will be a littl below .500

ch19079 said:
i do pray that he is atleast average and wont loose us games. but with a rookie QB, ill be happy to get to 8-8. anything more than that is icing on the cake.
I rate Losman, kinda wanted us to get him last year... I prefered Carey, DJ Williams, Wilfork etc, but I did like him. He has a great WR tandem and a quality RB. The only concern on your O apart from Losman is really LT now that Jennings has gone.

You emphasise the right point... he isn't going to win you many games next year... McGahee, Evans and Moulds can do that. You just gotta hope, as you say, that he doesn't lose you games. I on the other hand hope he does!! :tongue:

It's so early for predictions and I will not live and die with what I am about to write. After the draft is obviously a better time for this.

The division will once again be a horror show but nothing compared to how I see it being in 2006. In 2006 we will have a full season and 2 drafts under Nick Saban, the Bills will have a more experienced J.P. Losman to go with McGahee and the Patriots will be the Patriots.

I see 2 playoff teams out of the East this year (Patriots and Dolphins IF the Phins draft one of the big three runners). I see 3 playoff teams out of the East in 2006 though....but I am getting a little ahead of myself.

Here are my EARLY picks...

Patriots 11-5 (They have a tough schedule and it will be an adjustment with two new coordinators. They won't get homefield but I don't think it will matter. I'll pick 'em to win the Super Bowl right now.)

Dolphins 10-6 (This record applies IF they draft one of the big three running backs. We have a tough schedule but I think Saban and the coaches will make the difference. He'll have our defense in the top 5 and if we have a running game we will surprise people. IF we draft Smith/Rodgers we go 7-9 because we won't have a running game and our offense will be stagnant all season)

Bills 9-7 (Their defense and McGahee are capable of dragging this team to 10 wins. I see Losman struggling early and that will be their undoing. I see a slow start dooming them but, I also see them being one of the best teams in the NFL over the last month of the season. Look out for them in '06 bigtime.)

Jets 7-9 (Uncertainty at Q.B. is trouble. They also have an old running back and they can lose it overnight. They lost Ferguson and McKenzie, they have the Abraham distraction and a head coach who has no idea what clock management is.)

finsnchips said:
You emphasise the right point... he isn't going to win you many games next year... McGahee, Evans and Moulds can do that. You just gotta hope, as you say, that he doesn't lose you games. I on the other hand hope he does!! :tongue:
JP does not have to win games. All he has to do is not suck. Something that Drew couldn't even do.

While finfans want make opinions based in a rookie qb , you guys forget your qb is no better than a rookie qb.

Losman could be a fine caretaker, but I see him trying a bit too hard with trying to make things happen. I see him scrambling a bit too much and takin a few too many sacks.

Good luck with him though, he sure has a rifle.

HelloMotto said:
if B.B. has anything to do with the Offensive play calling your pats will be 8-8. Pats are due to tumble. Bills with a rookie qb is 8-8 at best. jets 10-6 fins 10-6 pats 8-8 bills at 7-9...yeah i'm in la la land :lol:

Actually your la la land isn't that far off, what hurt the phins last year, was they're inability to stop the run, well TB and Chester are back, and that's the key to the phin's season to me, how healthy they are. Well let me back up, our secondary is a little scary right now..so we're back to 8-8.. The draft will shed farther light, and our ability to pick up FA's after June 1. Those are the keys to where we end up...I think the O won't be as probamatic as it was last year..if they can stay on the field an extra 6 minutes a game vs last year, that will give us a chance. The Jets will be vying for top honors in the AFCE, if Loseman doesn't try to win games on his own and take care of the football, that team can try for the title also, they have a monterous D, one that can hang with the Pat's D.

unifiedtheory said:
I see 2 playoff teams out of the East this year (Patriots and Dolphins IF the Phins draft one of the big three runners).
a ROOKIE Rb could make a huge difference between moving from 4-12 to playoffs? Don't forget the company that rookie will be in. The Pats, Jets and BIlls D's.
unifiedtheory said:
Jets 7-9 (Uncertainty at Q.B. is trouble. They also have an old running back and they can lose it overnight. They lost Ferguson and McKenzie, they have the Abraham distraction and a head coach who has no idea what clock management is.)
Even on paper the Jets look to be ahead of the bills and fins. You can laugh at Fiedler all you want, he's in a WCO that suits him better and a better coaching staff than what he had in Miami.

After the Draft and June 1 cuts we will know more. It is a bit early to predict right now. Of course we can always speculate, but the division would have to be similar to last year, being the teams are very similar to last year (at this point)...

ch19079 said:
the draft has alot to do with it but if i was gunna bet money...

pats: 12-4 (F**K BRADY :fire: )
jets: 10-6 (both abrahams may/will be gone)
bills: 8-8 :cry: (rookie QB)
fins: 7-9 (draft a RB, made improvments, but not enough)

if the fins draft a QB i would guess a worse record due to a QB contraversy and the lack of a RB.

but after the draft and FA is done alot could change...

Just curious why you give your team one more win then us with a rookie QB and a terrible Oline? I think our Oline is much better and we could have some probowlers this year with Houck as the Oline coach. We have a top 5 D that will be better this year and If we add a RB and WR t Linehans O we could be more explosive. I think the b Bills will be last in the east this year. The fins should be third with 8 or 9 wins.

feelthepain said:
Just curious why you give your team one more win then us with a rookie QB and a terrible Oline? I think our Oline is much better and we could have some probowlers this year with Houck as the Oline coach. We have a top 5 D that will be better this year and If we add a RB and WR t Linehans O we could be more explosive. I think the b Bills will be last in the east this year. The fins should be third with 8 or 9 wins.
:lol:

NO WAAAAY!! Its gonna be:

1-Patriots 11-5 (playoff team)
2-Phins 10-6 (just miss the playoffs)
3-Jets 10-6 (just make the playoffs cause of head to head with us)
4-Bills 9-7 (are a joke, as always.)

Back
Top Bottom