AFC East draft positions....it's all good for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East draft positions....it's all good for Miami

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just a reminder....because it makes me happy..

Patriots have the LAST pick in the 1st round
Bills have NO pick in the 1st round
Jets have NO pick in the 1st round

Damn..that feels good

If things go as well as I think they can, Miami is going to be catching up to the rest of the division real soon.

I love where the Bills and Jets are, but hearing the Pats pick last just reminds me they won the Super Bowl and kills the whole buzz.

we got our pick last year. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, maybe Saban takes a qb in this years draft , who won't be doing anything til next year. If he doesn't, good luck with Feely and Gus.

Maybe he'll take an established qb next year via FA or draft another one who again will need another year to develop.

Justasportsfan said:

If it makes you feel any better, maybe Saban takes a qb in this years draft , who won't be doing anything til next year. If he doesn't, good luck with Feely and Gus.

Maybe he'll take an established qb next year via FA or draft another one who again will need another year to develop.
shaddup.

Justasportsfan said:

yeah they were great picks last year:tongue:, j/k they were good picks pending on what losman does this year, i think evans is goind to be good though

the redskins are following what we did last year. They want 2 first rd. talent that they can groom for next year. The difference is that, Donahoe wanted to make sure our guy (Losman) was still available before making the move.

Justasportsfan said:
the redskins are following what we did last year. They want 2 first rd. talent that they can groom for next year. The difference is that, Donahoe wanted to make sure our guy (Losman) was still available before making the move.

Yeah, I have to say this Redskins trade is just odd. Was it Denver insisting they couldn't trade on the day of the draft or something? Denver did an early trade last year, after all. It just doesn't make sense to me to supposedly trade up to get a QB who may or may not be on the board at that point. If anybody else wanted him, you just painted a target on the couple of picks before yours.

Jimmy James said:
Yeah, I have to say this Redskins trade is just odd. Was it Denver insisting they couldn't trade on the day of the draft or something? Denver did an early trade last year, after all. It just doesn't make sense to me to supposedly trade up to get a QB who may or may not be on the board at that point. If anybody else wanted him, you just painted a target on the couple of picks before yours.
this is the problem the fins are in if Saban isn't able to trade down....

Should the fins take Smith, it would take a year for them to groom him. Drafting him in the no. 2 would be a reach since he is arguably at the same talent level as JP. That's a lot of $$$ since Smith supposedly wants an Eli type of contract.

For the sake of the fins, Gus or feely better pan out because if they don't and Saban passes on Smith you will need to get a qb via FA next year and drafting a Lienart would take another year.

Edwards wouldn't be a reach and is poised to make a conribution right away, however , you still need a rb unless Saban is able to lure RW back or finds a rb like what the 7 cowboys drafted in the later rds. last year.

Justasportsfan said:
this is the problem the fins are in if Saban isn't able to trade down....

Should the fins take Smith, it would take a year for them to groom him. Drafting him in the no. 2 would be a reach since he is arguably at the same talent level as JP. That's a lot of $$$ since Smith supposedly wants an Eli type of contract.

For the sake of the fins, Gus or feely better pan out because if they don't and Saban passes on Smith you will need to get a qb via FA next year and drafting a Lienart would take another year.

Edwards wouldn't be a reach and is poised to make a conribution right away, however , you still need a rb unless Saban is able to lure RW back or finds a rb like what the 7 cowboys drafted in the later rds. last year.

Mostly we need an OL to find out if we actually need a RB (we probably do, but we will never truly know till our blockers start doing there job)

GrnMtnMan said:
Mostly we need an OL to find out if we actually need a RB (we probably do, but we will never truly know till our blockers start doing there job)
Ol can be addressed in the later rds. The most important thing about the OL is the coach. McNally and Bellichick proved that you don't need high priced players to turn your OL into a cohessive unit.

Justasportsfan said:
Ol can be addressed in the later rds. The most important thing about the OL is the coach. McNally and Bellichick proved that you don't need high priced players to turn your OL into a cohessive unit.

And exactly what Saban and Houck are going to do.:tongue:

How about this...after the Surtain trade,

Miami now picks TWICE (2 & 46) before the Jets (47) & Bills (55) even pick ONCE!

:cooldude:

The Redskins are throwing out a smoke screen. They would be complete morons to make the trade when they did and then start talking about a qb. What they did was position themselves to move up to pick Edwards. The qb talk is just to throw everyone off.

Gladsadmad said:
How about this...after the Surtain trade,

Miami now picks TWICE (2 & 46) before the Jets (47) & Bills (55) even pick ONCE!

:cooldude:

That puts a smile on my face. :D

Back
Top Bottom