AFC East Offseason Power Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Offseason Power Rankings

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
6. Patriots
Optimistic: Offseason additions should improve defense.
Pessimistic: Running game is still a big question mark.

8. Dolphins
Optimistic: Ricky Williams was everything the Dolphins hoped for and should be just as good in 2003.
Pessimistic:Until the Dolphins find a way to win late in the season, who cares?

11. Jets
Optimistic:Chad Pennington emerged as a star last season and should continue to improve.
Pessimistic:But will his lack of arm strength catch up to him?

15t. Bills
Optimistic:Offseason additions on defense should help one of the league's most porous defenses.
Pessimistic:Despite the improvements, they're still probably the No. 4 team in their division.

Thoughts?????

I'm not totally sure why the Pats keep getting the nod in the division, can't really argue with what they say about the Fins though.

While I don't think the Bills are the powerhouse team their fans believe that they will be, I don't think they are 4th in the division either.

I would have to Rank it

Fins
Bills
Pats
Jets

Those rankings were from May 19th.

A lot has happened since then.

My rankings:

1. Fins
2. Pats
3. Bills
4. Jets

I think the Jets take a big step backward this year. I think the Pats will be better on defense and Brady will continue to shine.

I think it should be:

Dolphins
Bills
Pats
Jets

The Bills, Pats, and Dolphins improved their teams. Of those three, the Dolphins and Bills improved the most. I think the 3-4 system will hurt the Pats.

The Jets just got worse during the offseason. A lot worse.

Whose rankings are these? Must be the Boston Globe with the Pats at #6. Still better than Pricso's, he's got the Jets at #4. The only rankings or power polls that I'm gonna concern myself with are the postseason polls. Win the Super Bowl, and the 'Phins will be numero uno in all of them. Until then, these things are opinions, and like the certain part of the anatomy that opinions are compared to, they all stink.

These rankings were from ESPN, I don't put much stock in rankings either not even during the season, Hell last year there was a new #1 everyweek for like 8 straight weeks. I posted it more because of the comments, I was sort of surprised they think the Bills are 4th inthe division.

Can someone help me out here? I don't get all the hype around Rodney Harrison. I may be wrong, but I thought he was a bit on the slow side, plus isn't this his tenth year in the league? How much of an upgrade is he over Tebucky Jones? I realize he's a big hitter, but I'm a little lost on all the love the Patriots are getting for signing him.

Originally posted by Bopkin02
Can someone help me out here? I don't get all the hype around Rodney Harrison. I may be wrong, but I thought he was a bit on the slow side, plus isn't this his tenth year in the league? How much of an upgrade is he over Tebucky Jones? I realize he's a big hitter, but I'm a little lost on all the love the Patriots are getting for signing him.

He is a definite downgrade from Tebucky Jones, who I thought was a great defender for the Patriots.

Their best upgrade is obviously Colvin.

Originally posted by Bopkin02

exactamundo, tebucky jones is the guy who cuased fumbles in improtant games against us in NE. big hitter. now they have harrison who got so burned by Ricky its not funny. defeinitely not an upgrade. the move was strictly for the future so they would have a first rounder and some money.

Originally posted by zachseau13

He is a definite downgrade from Tebucky Jones, who I thought was a great defender for the Patriots.

Their best upgrade is obviously Colvin.

speaking of guys burned by ricky. not just him either, jed weaver was all alone in the endzone while colvin was shaking his head. paying too much attention to ricky? i love norv turner.:tongue:

Yeah, I don't understand all the hype with the Patriots either. They're a good team, sure, but #6? Oh well, just someone's opinion.

The Patriots team today gets entirely too much respect that should go to the the 2001 team.

When you win the Superbowl that respect lingers for a while. We'll just have to kick their collective butts.

Well, think about it like this.. The Patriots finished 9-7 last year with a horrible run game and a decent pass game... Now the Pats have considerable talent on defense that Bellicheck can use.. Bellicheck is a genius.. Thats basically why they are so respected.. Respect is not to the players but to the ones managing those players..

Back
Top Bottom