AFC East QB Play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

N.E is putting to much pressure on 42 yr old qb not to just make playoff and win SB. They need better wr next yr.. I dont think they are that good as they used be this yr..

anyone trying to tell me that fitzpatrick outplayed josh allen this year i would assume didn't watch much of the Bills

Allen consistently played in bigger moments and made clutch throws/plays that elevated his team to the playoffs

that squad is not as good as their record indicates and Josh Allen didn't always make it pretty but he is the leader on that offense

i think fitzpatrick had the benefit of playing with nothing to lose, constantly an underdog, and that eased the game up a bit for him

You're definitely right in saying I didn't watch enough Bills. He couldn't get it done vs NE though and while it's one game it's the single biggest thing you need to be able to do to take over this division. He still misses lots of easy throws too. Saturday at 4:15 could go a long way into making me a believer in Josh Allen.

anyone trying to tell me that fitzpatrick outplayed josh allen this year i would assume didn't watch much of the Bills

Allen consistently played in bigger moments and made clutch throws/plays that elevated his team to the playoffs

that squad is not as good as their record indicates and Josh Allen didn't always make it pretty but he is the leader on that offense

i think fitzpatrick had the benefit of playing with nothing to lose, constantly an underdog, and that eased the game up a bit for him

23rd ranked scoring offense.
24th ranked in yards/game.
26th ranked in passing yards/game.

It's safe to say he "led" a pretty shitty offense.

He's a 58% passer (which is a step up for him, rookie year and collegiate career in the garbage Mount West) who barely passed for more than 3,000 yards in 16 starts.

Without his legs he's a backup with potential. I don't see the Lamar Jackson strides as a passer, or anything close to it.

To be fair, their defense and running game (which he's obviously a very big part of) is the reason why they're a playoff team.

Brady has been awful this season. He stands there in a clean pocket and sails balls over wide open receivers.
Age has caught up w him. It gets everyone. Remember Favre’s last year? Dreadful after having an awesome year just the year prior. Marino’s last year he threw 9 TDs and 17 picks. He did lead a 92 yard heart pounding comeback win at Seattle in the WC game. The greats don’t go down easy but no way this cheating prick plays until he’s 45. And If he does he will embarrass himself.

The rumors in NE are:

1. Brady has an elbow injury that is worse than he's letting on.
2. Edelman has a shoulder injury that is much worse than he is letting on.
3. Sanu had a high ankle sprain he's still feeling the affects from. Plus he's not that good nor is he worth a 2nd round pick :).
4. Harry looks like a ***** so far.

Fitz was the best QB in the AFC East in 2019, there I said it. I was listening to Fred Smerlas (massive NE homer) after the game Sunday and he said something that struck a nerve with me. He kept saying, "well they beat Buffalo last week and Buffalo is a much better team than Miami." The actual statement obviously I don't disagree with but I'm a firm believer that it's never quite that easy. While Buffalo as a team is better equipped to handle the vast majority of NFL teams over Miami football is about individual matchups. I can think of 2 very important ones that We have over NE that Buffalo does not.

1. A WR who can play with Gilmore. Buffalo does not have this and one of the most important things about the NE defense is they take your #1 WR away. They do it (for the most part) to the Bills but couldn't do it to us.

2. Josh Allen, at this point in his career, could have never done in that last drive what Fitz did. In fact he had it all laid out for him the previous week and failed. Yes, he's the younger player and the one you'd rather have (although I'm not that into him) but in that situation the veteran calm and experience of Fitz was key.

I know Dolphins fans are CRAVING a young QB we can get behind for the next 10-12 years more than anything else. I really do, but we have to be patient as the team is not setup to be the 2020 Super Bowl Champs.
Excuses for Brady. He’s old and he’s no where near “elite” any more. **** him. Can’t wait until I don’t have to watch him suit up. Unsportsmanlike douche.

Age has caught up w him. It gets everyone. Remember Favre’s last year? Dreadful after having an awesome year just the year prior. Marino’s last year he threw 9 TDs and 17 picks. He did lead a 92 yard heart pounding comeback win at Seattle in the WC game. The greats don’t go down easy but no way this cheating prick plays until he’s 45. And If he does he will embarrass himself.

Some of us (maybe you) have been saying physical deterioration around age 40 isn't gradual. Brady is learning that.

Some of us (maybe you) have been saying physical deterioration around age 40 isn't gradual. Brady is learning that.
And one other thing while I’m ranting. I don’t mean to sound like a hater but he’s so unlikeable as he’s the consummate sore loser - I despise that he wouldn’t shake Eli or Fole’s hand but ran to hug Matt Ryan after those SBs. He’s a 41 year old little baby who has no concept of sportsmanship. Deflating balls and lying about it. He’s just a jerk and not a good guy IMO at all.

I’m 44, I find when I’m working out I’m sore most of the time but feel pretty good. I find if I stop working out even for short periods of time (it’s been a tough end of year) it goes downhill fast. Legs especially go from light and loose to heavy and tight quickly. In addition, I’m kind of an all or nothing guys. Meaning work out and eat healthy or don’t work out and eat whatever I want and drink beer like I’m stone cold Steve Austin on the weekends, lol. Always quit drinking from beginning of year to April vacation though (Myrtle beach).

23rd ranked scoring offense.
24th ranked in yards/game.
26th ranked in passing yards/game.

It's safe to say he "led" a pretty ****ty offense.

He's a 58% passer (which is a step up for him, rookie year and collegiate career in the garbage Mount West) who barely passed for more than 3,000 yards in 16 starts.

Without his legs he's a backup with potential. I don't see the Lamar Jackson strides as a passer, or anything close to it.

To be fair, their defense and running game (which he's obviously a very big part of) is the reason why they're a playoff team.

he outplayed fitzpatrick IMO and your post didn’t even really address that question just blasted Josh Allen even though he’s playin this weekend

QBR ratings:
Fitzpatrick 66.6 (9th in NFL, 4th in AFC)
Brady 54.0 (16th in NFL)
Allen 47.5 (24th)
Darnold 43.5 (25th)

and QBR doesn’t even factor in plays where the quarterback was under pressure but not sacked.

Back
Top Bottom