AFC East QB Play | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

anyone trying to tell me that fitzpatrick outplayed josh allen this year i would assume didn't watch much of the Bills

Allen consistently played in bigger moments and made clutch throws/plays that elevated his team to the playoffs

that squad is not as good as their record indicates and Josh Allen didn't always make it pretty but he is the leader on that offense

i think fitzpatrick had the benefit of playing with nothing to lose, constantly an underdog, and that eased the game up a bit for him
Bingo

Fitz is playing with house money has no shot at the POs and we are comparing him to 2 QBs both made the POs - Only on FH gonna be a long long off season

Bingo

Fitz is playing with house money has no shot at the POs and we are comparing him to 2 QBs both made the POs - Only on FH gonna be a long long off season
Yep. Fitzpatrick is being treated like the second coming of Marino for doing— not much.

QB on a team that’s going nowhere is the best job in the world. After the team gets called out as the worst of all time in the first couple of weeks (a ludicrous claim even then), you pull off a couple of late season wins and people think you’re a miracle worker.

Winning 5 games as opposed to 2 isn’t a big deal in this league. Turning a 7-9 win team into a 12-14 win team: that’s the real trick and one Miami hasn’t pulled off in a long, long time.

Yep. Fitzpatrick is being treated like the second coming of Marino for doing— not much.

QB on a team that’s going nowhere is the best job in the world. After the team gets called out as the worst of all time in the first couple of weeks (a ludicrous claim even then), you pull off a couple of late season wins and people think you’re a miracle worker.

Winning 5 games as opposed to 2 isn’t a big deal in this league. Turning a 7-9 win team into a 12-14 win team: that’s the real trick and one Miami hasn’t pulled off in a long, long time.
Couldn’t agree more!

Watching a QB improvise his 1st downs by running rather than starting Rosen and letting him figure it out on the job seems like a waste

Oh wait DVP balled but still no POs - so who the freak cares - he willhis recognition- Yay!

he outplayed fitzpatrick IMO and your post didn’t even really address that question just blasted Josh Allen even though he’s playin this weekend
Fitz had a substantially better comp %, 500 more yds, and the same TDs, in less games.

You could make an argument for it being close, but to say Allen was unequivocally better is not borne out by reality.

I get that point, but does JA win 5 games with this team?

I know it's hypothetical, but I seriously doubt it.

For anyone who thinks Josh Allen had such a great year.....I dare you to tell me you would trade our fifth pick for him. If he truly is a franchise QB, you’d not only do that but you’d throw in the other two first round picks as well.
He’s a pedestrian quarterback and when you start throwing around things like ‘clutch throws’ and ‘team leader’ that’s code for ‘his numbers suck but I like him’.

I'm glad to know this weekends playoff matchups on Saturday are:

Josh Allen @ Houston
Tennessee @ Tom Brady

I mean these guys "got to the playoffs" I guess the rest of the team doesn't matter. Either one would have done the same thing here with practice squad players and street free agents.

The biggest mystery in NFL football is how it becomes a team sport and all on the QB out of convenience to support an argument. If i'ts all about "getting to the playoffs" there is this free agent named Mark Sanchez that had a pretty good run. Maybe we should sign him in the offseason?

I get that point, but does JA win 5 games with this team?

I know it's hypothetical, but I seriously doubt it.
Who knows? It’s a totally different situation. JA is playing to get his team to the playoffs and to cement himself as a franchise QB. Fitzpatrick is doing neither. This team was never going to be in contention and Fitzpatrick is never going to be more than a journeyman that’s still never even been to the playoffs after being in the league forever.

The point is that people are way overrating Fitzpatrick based on having such low expectations of the team to begin with. So because they won 5 instead of 1 or 2, it’s considered a major accomplishment. It’s not. He’s not a good QB. Throw him out there with no expectations, then he’ll do better than some of the dregs that this team has wheeled out there (to the franchise’s shame). Put a decent team around him and tell him that the goal is the playoffs and see how far he takes you. Or you could just ask all the other teams that tried with him— and failed.

The Buffalo Bills gave up the fewest points in the NFL and had good running backs. With good quarterback play, they wouldn’t be 10-6.....they’d be 13-3.

The D got NE to the playoffs. Brady was in the backseat. RF could have gotten NE to the playoffs, and Tannehill, and . . .
Does it matter how u get there.. they putting lot pressure on 42 yr old qb to win w no wr on team.. N.E might not be that good this year. Cannot win SB every yr.it getting old see same team from AFC east N.E every yr anyway.

Last edited:
Who knows? It’s a totally different situation. JA is playing to get his team to the playoffs and to cement himself as a franchise QB. Fitzpatrick is doing neither. This team was never going to be in contention and Fitzpatrick is never going to be more than a journeyman that’s still never even been to the playoffs after being in the league forever.

The point is that people are way overrating Fitzpatrick based on having such low expectations of the team to begin with. So because they won 5 instead of 1 or 2, it’s considered a major accomplishment. It’s not. He’s not a good QB. Throw him out there with no expectations, then he’ll do better than some of the dregs that this team has wheeled out there (to the franchise’s shame). Put a decent team around him and tell him that the goal is the playoffs and see how far he takes you. Or you could just ask all the other teams that tried with him— and failed.
Please cite the other teams around him that gave up the fewest points in the NFL. Josh Allen did less this year than Mitch Trubiski did last year in a similar situation.

Looking through the career of Fitz and I have to say I'm not sure there are many years where his teams where poised for a playoff run and but the QB let them down. Those Bills teams he played for were not very good and he also spent 6 years in the AFC East in the New England hey day where occasionally another team snuck in (like Allen in 19 albeit with maybe the worst NE team in the last 2 decades who they still couldn't beat) but nobody actually threatened NE at winning that division.

His best shot was in NY and yes from what I can remember he played poorly with the playoffs on the line but that is one real good chance and that has happened to many QB's who later went on to make it. Furthermore the Jets had the same 10-6 record Allen produced this season only the playoff field was stronger which kept the Jets out. Also, one could argue both of there teams lost the biggest games on the year as Fitz lost to. Buffalo to knock the Jets out of the playoffs in 15 and Allen lost to NE for what would have been an AFC East title 2 weeks ago.

I DO NOT THINK FITZ is the answer here because I know when you defend a plyer on finheaven it always gets taken out of context that you think that said player is a future hall of famer. The AFC east QB's weren't that good this year regardless of where there teams ended up, bottom line.

Last edited:
Fitz had a substantially better comp %, 500 more yds, and the same TDs, in less games.

You could make an argument for it being close, but to say Allen was unequivocally better is not borne out by reality.

that's fair - but the reason it was less games to begin with was because Fitzpatrick was benched for playing like ****. Josh also had 9 rushing tds with 500 yards on the ground

I give credit to the fact that Josh Allen actually played games that mattered this year - and i don't mean that as a knock on the dolphins - it's just reality that the games meant more for the Bills than the Fins

There was infinitesimally more pressure on Josh to perform than Fitzpatrick who was quite literally playing with nothing to lose. That stuff matters to me. Fitz was also benched at one point for playing so bad.

Fitzpatrick did a lot with a little when it didn't matter (after being benched and given another shot) - Josh Allen is playing a playoff game this weekend in his 2nd year...could Josh Allen have gotten 5 wins this year? Maybe....considering we played Browns, Cinci, Giants, Eagles, Jets twice....but that's all hypothetical anyway.

Back
Top Bottom