AFC East QB Play | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

I think any of the starting qbs in the division are capable of winning 5 games with the dolphins' roster.
I am not discussing career achievements. 20 td and 13 interceptions are not something exceptional
no reason to think that Darnold, Allen or Brady could not have did what Fitzpatrick did.
Stats alone fitz' td to int ratio is not very good.
I have yet to see a premise that shows that Fitz was the best qb in the division.
Fitz was the best qb on the dolphins though.
Josh Allen and Sam Darnold won 5 games with not very talented offenses also
I would take our receiving corp as mediocre as it is over Buffalo's any day of the week.

Well if Darnold and Allen could have won 5 games with our bad roster and that is the same amount of games that Fitz won that means you view them as pretty even. So the “no debate” part is not correct :).

Well if Darnold and Allen could have won 5 games with our bad roster and that is the same amount of games that Fitz won that means you view them as pretty even. So the “no debate” part is not correct :).

I think any of the three could have won 5 or more games. Not sure why people are giving Fitzpatrick so much praise as better than the other qbs in the division. He was better than Rosen last year thats for sure and unfortunate. Fitz makes me appreciate Tannehill. In reality, we just wasted another year of not developing a team, hopefully, we have a fruitful draft and get on the road to actually building a team. We basically have a wide receiver, some receivers with potential along with a developing TE on offense the rest is disposable on offense.

I think any of the three could have won 5 or more games. Not sure why people are giving Fitzpatrick so much praise as better than the other qbs in the division. He was better than Rosen last year thats for sure and unfortunate. Fitz makes me appreciate Tannehill. In reality, we just wasted another year of not developing a team, hopefully, we have a fruitful draft and get on the road to actually building a team. We basically have a wide receiver, some receivers with potential along with a developing TE on offense the rest is disposable on offense.

You definitely nailed my feelings on the offense. All lineman are expendable, although we’ll probably keep Davis and give Dieter a shot, and an RB or 2 are needed. Obviously I want the young QB but don’t want him rushed. I’m fine with them sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson etc..

You definitely nailed my feelings on the offense. All lineman are expendable, although we’ll probably keep Davis and give Dieter a shot, and an RB or 2 are needed. Obviously I want the young QB but don’t want him rushed. I’m fine with them sitting like Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson etc..

I don't advocate for giving up on Dieter as a recent draft pick although so far he is bad.

Guys, I think this might be the first first year in a while we could argue the Dolphins QB performance was the best in our division. If Fitz played each game, likely he would be ahead in yards and TDs.
Fitzpatrick played okay this past season but he is not the QB they are going to build this team around. He is merely the guy until they draft their future QB or Rosen shows that he is ready to be their QB.
I would happily trade Fitzpatrick for Allen or Darnold and consider that a long term upgrade for the QB position.

Guys, I think this might be the first first year in a while we could argue the Dolphins QB performance was the best in our division. If Fitz played each game, likely he would be ahead in yards and TDs.
Not sure if you noticed or not, but Ryan Tannehill was the AFC Offensive Player of the month with a 123 QB rating, 10 TD's and only 2 INT's, and led his team into the playoffs. Not saying Fitz wasn't Fitzmagic ... but I'm not sure Tannehill really got a fair shake here. The Dolphins have had many problems over the recent years ... but IMHO, we need to start with rebuilding the OL. Whomever our next great young hope at QB is, he'll need a better OL than Fitzmagic played behind this year.

For those saying “you are rewarding Fitzpatrick for situation” refuse to acknowledge that his numbers rank better in QBR by a lot and ahead of all but Brady (barely) by football outsiders.

Josh Allen had the team that gave up the fewest points and only won 10. You aren’t convincing me if he is on the team that gave up the most points that they are getting 5 wins.

Fitzpatrick played okay this past season but he is not the QB they are going to build this team around. He is merely the guy until they draft their future QB or Rosen shows that he is ready to be their QB.
I would happily trade Fitzpatrick for Allen or Darnold and consider that a long term upgrade for the QB position.
That’s not the discussion. We are talking about which quarterback had the best year.

Allen is boneheaded and today proved it, don’t trust that kid at all. He looked scared the entire 4th.

Allen had some rough moments late in this one no doubt but I’m baffled at any Ryan Fitzpatrick does more in that game stuff. Especially when he doesn’t have his patented 50/50 ball guys to rely on size wize witb the bills wr Corp.

Allen had some rough moments late in this one no doubt but I’m baffled at any Ryan Fitzpatrick does more in that game stuff. Especially when he doesn’t have his patented 50/50 ball guys to rely on size wize witb the bills wr Corp.

Seems to me RF completed quite a few more than 50% of those 50/50 balls. That takes ball placement- no less than 'tight window'

kind of a moot discussion anyway....the bills and jets have qbs they will try to build around....dolphins have a journeyman who a lot of people scoffed at prior to the season, and will be drafting a qb early in april

the reward of "best afc east QB" this season is likened to an old tin medal that says "congratz"

maybe we can develop a qb to the point where it's not really a debate...boy that would be nice

Back
Top Bottom