AFC East QB Play | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

Fitzpatrick and HC - with an infusion of draft picks and FA talent - can lead this team to 8-10 wins next year.
This also takes into consideration QB at #5 - a pick that will not help in 2020. Realistic dual goal- develop the young QB & make playoffs.

Remaining 5 top 100 picks should immediately contribute. Expect 3 starters via FA.

I liked Allen coming out, a lot. Wasn’t thrilled he went to Buffalo but I think we dodged a bullet with him and Darnold both. Eliteness isn’t in the cards for either. Accuracy isn’t scary with Allen. Darnold can spin it but he’s very ho-him. That’s the only way I can describe them.

Buffalo will be looking hard at WRs in April. Certainly will be using a lot of resources on offense.

Singletary is impressive though. That’s what we need to pull from 4th-5th round this year.

After watching those two games yesterday you can see where the value of a strong running game has come back to NFL. Especially in the post season.

We still have to deal with Mahomes, Jackson and Watson in the AFC for awhile but thankful Mayfield, Darnold and Allen didn’t expand that list.

Allen had some rough moments late in this one no doubt but I’m baffled at any Ryan Fitzpatrick does more in that game stuff. Especially when he doesn’t have his patented 50/50 ball guys to rely on size wize witb the bills wr Corp.

To be fair Fitz didn't start throwing 50/50 balls till the season was almost over.

To be fair Fitz didn't start throwing 50/50 balls till the season was almost over.

Yeah that's a tough one for me. Fitz was hitting what, one maybe 2 big plays a game on what could be considered 50/50 balls? I mean in the last game he had 5 completions to Wilson, 7 to Ford 0 50/50 balls there. 8 to Parker but many were slants and designed routes maybe one 50/50. I don't know if he could have done more with the Bills offense than josh but I don't think Fitz threw for over 700 yards with 50/50 balls over the last couple weeks either. Fitz has the worst running game in NFL history at his disposal, lets not forget about that.

This site tends to overrate young QB's been happening for years. About 3 years ago I stated Jacoby Brissett for example sucks and was scoffed at. Guess what, Jacoby Brissett sucks!

On the flip side my biggest recent miss is Lamar (big miss). I thought the Chargers exposed him last year and am admittingly still waiting for him to lay an egg. Even if he does I'm still wrong, he's been great.

Last edited:
Fitzpatrick and HC - with an infusion of draft picks and FA talent - can lead this team to 8-10 wins next year.
This also takes into consideration QB at #5 - a pick that will not help in 2020. Realistic dual goal- develop the young QB & make playoffs.

Remaining 5 top 100 picks should immediately contribute. Expect 3 starters via FA.

The odds of Fitz leading any team to 8 wins is quite low. He has won more than six games in a season once as a qb

The odds of Fitz leading any team to 8 wins is quite low. He has won more than six games in a season once as a qb

And not even the ONE was built to win. They were all suck teams.

I hate doing this. This site is going to think I feel Fitz is a hall of famer. He's not but football is the ultimate team game.

And not even the ONE was built to win. They were all suck teams.

I hate doing this. This site is going to think I feel Fitz is a hall of famer. He's not but football is the ultimate team game.

Fitzgerald is a journeyman at best QB and we should upgrade QB just like any other position on team that we can.
kind of funny how Tannehill was run out of town for performing slightly better than our current qb but people want to act like Fitz is the answer to any questions.
Fitz was just as responsible for those being suck teams as anybody on the roster. We should always strive to make our team better, not throw away season after season.

Fitzgerald is a journeyman at best QB and we should upgrade QB just like any other position on team that we can.
kind of funny how Tannehill was run out of town for performing slightly better than our current qb but people want to act like Fitz is the answer to any questions.
Fitz was just as responsible for those being suck teams as anybody on the roster. We should always strive to make our team better, not throw away season after season.

AARRRRGGHHH I never, ever said in a trillion years a 37 year old QB is the answer. Of course he needs to be replaced. The guy you responded too with the "only won more than 6 once" has him being replaced as a part of his plan. The guy said Fitz starts in 2020 and maybe gets us 8-10 wins while we groom a young QB that he is assuming isn't ready to play. I'm sure we all agree it would be better if said young QB or even Josh Rosen beats Fitz out but if they don't so be it FOR 2020 ONLY. I don't think anyone advocates Fitz as any kind of an answer past 2020 and all agree it would be best to have a different answer even then. That is what we are talking about here not making Ryan Fitzpatrick our franchise QB at 37 years old.

AARRRRGGHHH I never, ever said in a trillion years a 37 year old QB is the answer. Of course he needs to be replaced. The guy you responded too with the "only won more than 6 once" has him being replaced as a part of his plan. The guy said Fitz starts in 2020 and maybe gets us 8-10 wins while we groom a young QB that he is assuming isn't ready to play. I'm sure we all agree it would be better if said young QB or even Josh Rosen beats Fitz out but if they don't so be it FOR 2020 ONLY. I don't think anyone advocates Fitz as any kind of an answer past 2020 and all agree it would be best to have a different answer even then. That is what we are talking about here not making Ryan Fitzpatrick our franchise QB at 37 years old.

LoL... I know your pain.

Still, no reason at all to believe that Fitzpatrick can get us 8-10 wins based on his history or this season. I have never agreed with status quo at qb all the way back to the Jay Fielder days. Fitz is not going to suddenly get better, not sure why people feel like Fitz was somehow better than the QB we traded. The front office is the one that did zero to improve or draft a QB. It is looking like the whole Rosen trade was beyond stupid and we passed on pro bowl qbs like Pat Mahomes and Lamar Jackson when we could have got them.

Not sure why Fitzpatrick has to be here to groom any young qb. The trade for Rosen seems to be a disaster even though I liked Rosen. Probably would have worked out better keeping that pick and drafting a qb or just keeping Tannehill for the last year of his contract

Last edited:
Still, no reason at all to believe that Fitzpatrick can get us 8-10 wins based on his history or this season. I have never agreed with status quo at qb all the way back to the Jay Fielder days. Fitz is not going to suddenly get better, not sure why people feel like Fitz was somehow better than the QB we traded. The front office is the one that did zero to improve or draft a QB. It is looking like the whole Rosen trade was beyond stupid and we passed on pro bowl qbs like Pat Mahomes and Lamar Jackson when we could have got them.

Not sure why Fitzpatrick has to be here to groom any young qb. The trade for Rosen seems to be a disaster even though I liked Rosen. Probably would have worked out better keeping that pick and drafting a qb or just keeping Tannehill for the last year of his contract

Fot doesn’t have to be a part of the plan some of us are just saying it’s ok if he is as long as the plan includes a good young prospect.

If QB’s like Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel and countless other subpar QB’s can get 8 to 10 wins with good teams around them I’m not ruling it out for Fitz. Bottom line is even if he starts in 2020 he likely will not have a good team around him so this argument is a waste of our time.

Every vertical ball fitz tbrows is a 50/50 you kidding me.
Every one hoops? The first one last week was in stride over Gilmore. I’m sure I could find more if not working off the top of my head. There was another in stride one to Williams against the Bills, again top of my head.

The TD to Gesicki vs Cincy was also uncontested while I admit not a great throw.

If tua sits for fitz it better be all about medical. That much I know. As in he is medically not cleared to play yet.

otherwise eegads

Back
Top Bottom