AFC East QB Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

as long as there is a Tom Brady in our division our QB will never be top spot lol.

Fitz played at a higher level than Brady did this season. He was running for his life most of the time and still did a good job. Brady has been sailing balls, skipping them and missing guys all season.
Really an impressive season for Fitzpatrick. But I wonder how he will fit in with Chan Gailey. Fitz has a gambling mentality. He'll take chances. That mostly serves him well, but sometimes it doesn't give the team a chance to win. Gailey is very conservative. Perhaps he was brought in to help Rosen along, or the next qb the Dolphins bring in.

Or NE's last 5 games

Fair enough.

I think watching both QB's in the same game is a better basis for comparison, even though it is offense vs. defense; not offense vs. offense.

The weather and ground conditions are the same for both teams. The shorter time period between QB observations should allow for a more constant comparison of the QB's.

I felt there was a clear difference in play between Fitz and Brady. I felt Fitz was more animated, throwing more consistently & accurately and in general, more effective at the position then Brady was. This was only one game and Brady was no slouch. I can't say if Brady's overthrows were due to his misjudgment or bad route running. He did seem to make some kind of adjustment because his passing looked better at the end of the game.

Fitz actually looked like he was enjoying himself and he did have a running game which is a little unusual for a QB.

I hope this is an adequate response to watching NE's last 5 games. Even then, I know that Fitz played fairly well in our last 5 games.

Don't you agree?

Fair enough.

I think watching both QB's in the same game is a better basis for comparison, even though it is offense vs. defense; not offense vs. offense.

The weather and ground conditions are the same for both teams. The shorter time period between QB observations should allow for a more constant comparison of the QB's.

I felt there was a clear difference in play between Fitz and Brady. I felt Fitz was more animated, throwing more consistently & accurately and in general, more effective at the position then Brady was. This was only one game and Brady was no slouch. I can't say if Brady's overthrows were due to his misjudgment or bad route running. He did seem to make some kind of adjustment because his passing looked better at the end of the game.

Fitz actually looked like he was enjoying himself and he did have a running game which is a little unusual for a QB.

I hope this is an adequate response to watching NE's last 5 games. Even then, I know that Fitz played fairly well in our last 5 games.

Don't you agree?

OK, I'll say it. Brady didn't look confident the last few games. Maybe he didn't trust the receivers. Maybe he found his physical talents were failing him. In any case, RF looked full of confidence.

The rumors in NE are:

1. Brady has an elbow injury that is worse than he's letting on.
2. Edelman has a shoulder injury that is much worse than he is letting on.
3. Sanu had a high ankle sprain he's still feeling the affects from. Plus he's not that good nor is he worth a 2nd round pick :).
4. Harry looks like a ***** so far.

Fitz was the best QB in the AFC East in 2019, there I said it. I was listening to Fred Smerlas (massive NE homer) after the game Sunday and he said something that struck a nerve with me. He kept saying, "well they beat Buffalo last week and Buffalo is a much better team than Miami." The actual statement obviously I don't disagree with but I'm a firm believer that it's never quite that easy. While Buffalo as a team is better equipped to handle the vast majority of NFL teams over Miami football is about individual matchups. I can think of 2 very important ones that We have over NE that Buffalo does not.

1. A WR who can play with Gilmore. Buffalo does not have this and one of the most important things about the NE defense is they take your #1 WR away. They do it (for the most part) to the Bills but couldn't do it to us.

2. Josh Allen, at this point in his career, could have never done in that last drive what Fitz did. In fact he had it all laid out for him the previous week and failed. Yes, he's the younger player and the one you'd rather have (although I'm not that into him) but in that situation the veteran calm and experience of Fitz was key.

I know Dolphins fans are CRAVING a young QB we can get behind for the next 10-12 years more than anything else. I really do, but we have to be patient as the team is not setup to be the 2020 Super Bowl Champs.

Last edited:
anyone trying to tell me that fitzpatrick outplayed josh allen this year i would assume didn't watch much of the Bills

Allen consistently played in bigger moments and made clutch throws/plays that elevated his team to the playoffs

that squad is not as good as their record indicates and Josh Allen didn't always make it pretty but he is the leader on that offense

i think fitzpatrick had the benefit of playing with nothing to lose, constantly an underdog, and that eased the game up a bit for him

Back
Top Bottom