AFC East QB Play | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

Yeah that's a tough one for me. Fitz was hitting what, one maybe 2 big plays a game on what could be considered 50/50 balls? I mean in the last game he had 5 completions to Wilson, 7 to Ford 0 50/50 balls there. 8 to Parker but many were slants and designed routes maybe one 50/50. I don't know if he could have done more with the Bills offense than josh but I don't think Fitz threw for over 700 yards with 50/50 balls over the last couple weeks either. Fitz has the worst running game in NFL history at his disposal, lets not forget about that.

This site tends to overrate young QB's been happening for years. About 3 years ago I stated Jacoby Brissett for example sucks and was scoffed at. Guess what, Jacoby Brissett sucks!

On the flip side my biggest recent miss is Lamar (big miss). I thought the Chargers exposed him last year and am admittingly still waiting for him to lay an egg. Even if he does I'm still wrong, he's been great.

I agree, I thought he threw way more 50/50 ball with Tampa Bay. Fitz was a actually very good with his pre snap reads which lead to his decisive decision making and his ability to extend plays and feel pressure was a huge asset to this team ( although at times he did feel phantom pressure and bailed but that's the side effect of having the worst OL in the NFL)

Every vertical ball fitz tbrows is a 50/50 you kidding me.

I agree with the verticals being 50/50 balls but he threw like maybe 6 all year, it's hard to say he spammed 50/50 with that low volume.

If tua sits for fitz it better be all about medical. That much I know. As in he is medically not cleared to play yet.

otherwise eegads
Twofold. Neither talent or performance related.
1. I want Tua 130% healthy.
2. That OL needs an overhaul and must prove effective before I’m parking my Rolls Royce in it.

Every one hoops? The first one last week was in stride over Gilmore. I’m sure I could find more if not working off the top of my head. There was another in stride one to Williams against the Bills, again top of my head.

That ball to dvp was in the air for 35 yards. Gilmore got nosy looking in the backfield. Yeah it’s out in front but it’s 35 yards. Air yards not even los ones

and it’s leading him out of bounds even despite having Gilmore stacked

Every one hoops? The first one last week was in stride over Gilmore. I’m sure I could find more if not working off the top of my head. There was another in stride one to Williams against the Bills, again top of my head.

The TD to Gesicki vs Cincy was also uncontested while I admit not a great throw.

For the most part Fitz does turn the vert into a 50/50 ball though.

Twofold. Neither talent or performance related.
1. I want Tua 130% healthy.
2. That OL needs an overhaul and must prove effective before I’m parking my Rolls Royce in it.

You guys really think they are gonna draft tua and stick status quo on tbe oline? Hell draft any qb even top 5. Nope

Fitzgerald is a journeyman at best QB and we should upgrade QB just like any other position on team that we can.
kind of funny how Tannehill was run out of town for performing slightly better than our current qb but people want to act like Fitz is the answer to any questions.
Fitz was just as responsible for those being suck teams as anybody on the roster. We should always strive to make our team better, not throw away season after season.
I don’t think anyone considers Fitz an answer. He’s holding it down until we find our QB.

I don’t think anyone considers Fitz an answer. He’s holding it down until we find our QB.

Well they need to hurry the hell up cause it’s a waste of time. Of course the longer they wait the longer Grier’s head can stay on his shoulders

You guys really think they are gonna draft tua and stick status quo on tbe oline? Hell draft any qb even top 5. Nope
Agree but I wouldn’t expect to see Tua start before Week 8-10 for above mentioned reasons.
I don’t see the rush and again the Oline has to not only be rebuilt but play together and develop. We are talking 80% change and maybe 2 rookies and 2 FAs.

Let’s see if tua even comes out anyways. Knowing our crap luck he won’t

Well they need to hurry the hell up cause it’s a waste of time. Of course the longer they wait the longer Grier’s head can stay on his shoulders
I don’t think Grier survives another season without showing Ross QB of future.
This season was a nightmare. Rooting for losses. Paying more attention to Steeler and Texan games than our own. Cheering a Saints playoff loss? Hoping for a Bulls playoff win?
Nah. Enough.

I don't think we draft any Qb with the the 5th pick if Tua doesn't declare, it seems obvious Flores believes in Fitz so if Tua ain't there I won't be surprised if he rolls with him.

Honestly regardless of Tua.
Doesn’t it have to be QB at #5?
If it’s not Tua then Love. Or whomever they decide -
If Love sucks pick another one in 2021.

My point is to get someone better to hold down the fort. Drafting a QB is no sure thing I mean we have not found a starting QB to lead us anywhere since Marino left yet the guy we traded is still playing after a playoff win.
we should upgrade wherever we can

Back
Top Bottom