AFC East QB Play | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

Honestly regardless of Tua.
Doesn’t it have to be QB at #5?
If it’s not Tua then Love. Or whomever they decide -
If Love sucks pick another one in 2021.

I full on believe it will either be a qb at 5 or tua in a trade up. Nothing’s changed there.
Unless they plan on selling Ross on a 2021 option if tua doesn’t come out.

we are picking top 5 that is prime qb territory. Teams usually hitch their wagons to one who don’t have one that high.

wildcard is rosen but I’m doubting it

Ok I’m done sticking up for Fitz because at the end of the day it’s a waste of time. It just drives me nuts when a young QB (Allen) and a crusty old journeyman (Fitz) put up a similar number and:

the young QB has a top flight defense and running game at his disposal with a team good enough to make the playoffs even though he has personally choked in every big game they’ve had along the way except at Dallas on turkey day. This guy is a budding super star!!

Crusty vet puts up similar numbers with a practice squad defense, shitty offensive line and the worst running game in NFL history which is so bad he carried it at 37 years old. The team was so far from being a playoff team folks were predicting them to lose every game. But this QB, who again posted similar numbers to the young budding star, is a total suck bag.

That’s it! Always been a pet peeve of mine.

I don't think we draft any Qb with the the 5th pick if Tua doesn't declare, it seems obvious Flores believes in Fitz so if Tua ain't there I won't be surprised if he rolls with him.
If we put off qb for another year then what exactly are we doing. That same thought process had us pass on Mahones when we could have made a trade or Lamar Jackson.
If Flores wants to throw away two years of his NFL life fine but he does not have a lifetime contract.

I full on believe it will either be a qb at 5 or tua in a trade up. Nothing’s changed there.

we are picking top 5 that is prime qb territory. Teams usually hitch their wagons to one who don’t have one that high.

Ross might be that stupid. I wish Rosen would develop but all signs show we did not develop him at all or he is just crap

Bills would be wise to give Allen a wr with some size and ability to go get the ball in the air. His margin for error with what he has minus the auburn kid who isn’t a go get it guy really but a big physical body is small.

someone like Higgins makes sense to me.

Allen needs to speed up his footwork thru his progressions and recognition at the los. He’s late outside the numbers a lot but he gets away with it cause he’s got an absolute cannon arm.

I don’t care what anyone says that gets drafted top 10 all day long. All day long.

Ross might be that stupid. I wish Rosen would develop but all signs show we did not develop him at all or he is just crap
I think they tried like hell to develop him...I think the latter is the truth.

Bills would be wise to give Allen a wr with some size and ability to go get the ball in the air. His margin for error with what he has minus the auburn kid who isn’t a go get it guy really but a big physical body is small.

someone like Higgins makes sense to me.

Allen needs to speed up his footwork thru his progressions and recognition at the los. He’s late outside the numbers a lot but he gets away with it cause he’s got an absolute cannon arm.

I don’t care what anyone says that gets drafted top 10 all day long. All day long.
Posted exact line of thinking earlier today.
Likened it to the Julio deal Falcs made few years ago. Not sure there is one in this draft at that level but Bills would benefit greatly from a big bodied talent.

If somehow Grier and company convince Ross to wait to 2021 for its hitch the wagon to qb in the draft then I think Miami has to turn in the left tackle thomas or guard right tackle wirfs one at 5.

If we put off qb for another year then what exactly are we doing. That same thought process had us pass on Mahones when we could have made a trade or Lamar Jackson.
If Flores wants to throw away two years of his NFL life fine but he does not have a lifetime contract.

KC thought highly of Mahomes during the draft process, Overreaching on a Qb is the type of stuff that can set your franchise back for years, now if the Dolphins actually give Jordan Love or Justin Herbert a 1st round grade then u draft them but don't draft them simply because Tua or Burrow wasn't available and u need a QB.

I think they tried like hell to develop him...I think the latter is the truth.

And if that is the case it was a stupid trade
KC thought highly of Mahomes during the draft process, Overreaching on a Qb is the type of stuff that can set your franchise back for years, now if the Dolphins actually give Jordan Love or Justin Herbert a 1st round grade then u draft them but don't draft them simply because Tua or Burrow wasn't available and u need a QB.

I never suggested overreaching for a quarter bag I suggested drafting are trading up to get one that didn't cost that much and get in Pat mahomes would not have broke the bank

And if that is the case it was a stupid trade

I never suggested overreaching for a quarter bag I suggested drafting are trading up to get one that didn't cost that much and get in Pat mahomes would not have broke the bank

If your saying it's priority no.1 to draft a QB regardless if Tua is available or not then that can be considered overreaching for a QB. I think not recognizing Mahomes skill set is a talent evaluation issue. I can definitely see Flores rolling the dice on the 2021 draft class if Tua decides to return that would mean Tua,Lawrence and Fields in that draft class plus we have 2 1st rounders in that class in case we need to trade up.

If your saying it's priority no.1 to draft a QB regardless if Tua is available or not then that can be considered overreaching for a QB. I think not recognizing Mahomes skill set is a talent evaluation issue. I can definitely see Flores rolling the dice on the 2021 draft class if Tua decides to return that would mean Tua,Lawrence and Fields in that draft class plus we have 2 1st rounders in that class in case we need to trade up.

I'm say it this asinine idea that the only way you can get a top quarterback is taking the guy at the top of the draft has no basis in reality. Hoping praying and trying to do everything to be as bad as possible to get a sure thing at quarterback is not the way to have a winning franchise. this idea that a guy like to that no other quarterback has ever been a better prospect is more than than absurd. There are 8 teams left with a chance to win a Superbowl and not one qb was taken in the top 7 picks in the draft. Maybe if our GM and scouts did a better job we would not be talking about throwing away two seasons to wait on that so called sure thing. If Flores wants to wait till 2021 to get a qb along with Grier good luck with that. Hope they remember that while interviewing for their next jobs. Personally I would be ok with going after a true pass rushing stud like young over anybody in this draft but our front office prefers overdrafting scrubs like Charles Harris.

Age has caught up w him. It gets everyone. Remember Favre’s last year? Dreadful after having an awesome year just the year prior. Marino’s last year he threw 9 TDs and 17 picks. He did lead a 92 yard heart pounding comeback win at Seattle in the WC game. The greats don’t go down easy but no way this cheating prick plays until he’s 45. And If he does he will embarrass himself.
He's already embarrassing himself...

It not like we are a qb away . Dolphins are team away from being 8 and 8.. F/A will tell u alot. we need go best players available..

I believe it's s a QB at 5 and Tua or Herbert will be the pick. I won't count Rosen out but its not very likely.

Back
Top Bottom