AFC East QB Play | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB Play

I'm say it this asinine idea that the only way you can get a top quarterback is taking the guy at the top of the draft has no basis in reality. Hoping praying and trying to do everything to be as bad as possible to get a sure thing at quarterback is not the way to have a winning franchise. this idea that a guy like to that no other quarterback has ever been a better prospect is more than than absurd. There are 8 teams left with a chance to win a Superbowl and not one qb was taken in the top 7 picks in the draft. Maybe if our GM and scouts did a better job we would not be talking about throwing away two seasons to wait on that so called sure thing. If Flores wants to wait till 2021 to get a qb along with Grier good luck with that. Hope they remember that while interviewing for their next jobs. Personally I would be ok with going after a true pass rushing stud like young over anybody in this draft but our front office prefers overdrafting scrubs like Charles Harris.

IDK where you're going with this but we're talking about overreaching on a QB due to need vs drafting a QB rated highly on Fins draft board nobody here argued about whether tanking for the top QB was a viable solution. If we draft a QB our front office has to view him as franchise material if that guy is not there draft the BPA, get the top OT or DE.

The Buffalo Bills gave up the fewest points in the NFL and had good running backs. With good quarterback play, they wouldn’t be 10-6.....they’d be 13-3.
I don't think that's really fair. I don't think Allen is much without the ability to run , at least not at this point in his career but he doesn't have much to throw to. How does Brady look this year without a mismatch target ?

IDK where you're going with this but we're talking about overreaching on a QB due to need vs drafting a QB rated highly on Fins draft board nobody here argued about whether tanking for the top QB was a viable solution. If we draft a QB our front office has to view him as franchise material if that guy is not there draft the BPA, get the top OT or DE.

What I am saying is our front office did not see some actual franchise qbs as franchise qbs.

What I am saying is our front office did not see some actual franchise qbs as franchise qbs.

Well yea I get we can't miss out on the next Mahomes but also by seeing some qbs as franchise qbs when they're not is how you draft the next Trubisky.

Well yea I get we can't miss out on the next Mahomes but also by seeing some qbs as franchise qbs when they're not is how you draft the next Trubisky.
The guy grier could be looking at could be the next Trubisky. Tua or whoever could be a bust there are no guarantees but acting like there is only one guy worth drafting is why we passed on making a play for Mahomes or Jackson.
Lets not act like Grier has had a history of being some expert on franchise QB or that we have really made much effort to find that guy.
We have three draft picks and there are some decent prospects in this draft so it's not like we have to take Burrow, Tua or bust.

Fitzgerald is a journeyman at best QB and we should upgrade QB just like any other position on team that we can.
kind of funny how Tannehill was run out of town for performing slightly better than our current qb but people want to act like Fitz is the answer to any questions.
Fitz was just as responsible for those being suck teams as anybody on the roster. We should always strive to make our team better, not throw away season after season.
You have to put things in perspective. This team was, by everybody, considered a no-talent team. End-of-story. Fitzpatrick gave the young kids a chance to grow. By no means is he the future but last season he was the right QB for the bunch we lined up. He led by example to the point that he even took the toughest hits with a smile, he was encouraging to the young guys. He was much more important than just his 50/50 balls. He was a warrior out there by whom every player (even on defense) was lifted up. That was the reason why Fitz started and why he was the right guy last season. Next season might be a whole lot different.

And we really do not need to talk about how Tannehill would have done with that rag tag bunch.

I don't think that's really fair. I don't think Allen is much without the ability to run , at least not at this point in his career but he doesn't have much to throw to. How does Brady look this year without a mismatch target ?
Allen is very inconsistent which was a major concern. He plays at a high level for spurts but it isn't consistent enough to be good.

The weapons think isn't on him, McDermott has ignored the receiver position like we did a few years ago. Plus his hiring of daboll was a poor choice for Josh. Ton of factors had to go right to get Allen to be a top QB and if it doesn't click in 2020 then the bills are in trouble

kind of a moot discussion anyway....the bills and jets have qbs they will try to build around....dolphins have a journeyman who a lot of people scoffed at prior to the season, and will be drafting a qb early in april

the reward of "best afc east QB" this season is likened to an old tin medal that says "congratz"

maybe we can develop a qb to the point where it's not really a debate...boy that would be nice
That's the good news they are both ****

Guys, I think this might be the first first year in a while we could argue the Dolphins QB performance was the best in our division. If Fitz played each game, likely he would be ahead in yards and TDs.
That, and if the first few games weren't a completely incompetent showing, not that there was anything to be done about it.

Is our long nightmare finally over?

maybe im a fool. but honestly this brady doesnt scare me. I'd rather see him sign at least a 2 year 50+ mil, fully guaranteed deal with the pats. that'd make me happier than seeing him leave as a FA. They;d be too good to be in the race for Fields or Lawrence next years,

but Brady leaves and they replace him without a 6 round pick and tank the seasons, and BB would cheat to make sure he tanked right, thats the nightmare

Well, all the rage here in NE is 50/50 Pat's/Titans, with the 49ers closing fast. And it was reported by Tom Curran, and I can assure you he is credible regarding the Pats. Then, in good old NE fashion, they speculate 49ers could release Garoppolo (short dead money 4m apparently) and he would sign with the Pats. Or 49ers could trade Jimmy to Pats after Brady signed with the Niners.

Back
Top Bottom