Afc East Qb's Not Named Brady | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Afc East Qb's Not Named Brady

Bob512

Formerly Dolphins512
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting to look at these three as a group. Very similar stats......

Player Team Comp% YDS TD INT Rating

Josh Allen Bills 52.8% 2,074 10 12 67.9

Sam Darnold Jets 57.7% 2,865 17 15 77.6

Josh Rosen Cards 55.2% 2,278 11 14 66.7

it may sound like im being a homer but rosen is the best out of that group. never a fan of darnold or allen. i think rosens accuracy issue was due to his line and guys around him. he hovered around 60% in college.
darnold has zero excuse to be better this year with the talent around him. and rosen is going to have more talent around him from a skill position stand point. can only hope the online will be better.
I just remember some of the throws allen missed to wide open wr's against us. i mean some easy wide open players and he missed horribly

it may sound like im being a homer but rosen is the best out of that group. never a fan of darnold or allen. i think rosens accuracy issue was due to his line and guys around him. he hovered around 60% in college.
darnold has zero excuse to be better this year with the talent around him. and rosen is going to have more talent around him from a skill position stand point. can only hope the online will be better.
I just remember some of the throws allen missed to wide open wr's against us. i mean some easy wide open players and he missed horribly

So did Darnold. In fact Darnold's completion percentage and QB rating was higher than Rosen's in college. Of course you're being a homer.

The OP conveniently leaves out Allen631 rushing yards on 89 attempts. It’s also funny that people think Rosen is going to start over Fitzpatrick.

The OP conveniently leaves out Allen631 rushing yards on 89 attempts. It’s also funny that people think Rosen is going to start over Fitzpatrick.

LOL...someone is cranky. It wasn't conveniently left out for Allen....I didn't include it for anyone. Feel free to post a comparison of rushing yards if you would like.

I think that we will see Rosen at some point. Miami will want to see what Rosen can do. If it doesn’t work out, we didn’t spend much to get him.

I think that we will see Rosen at some point. Miami will want to see what Rosen can do. If it doesn’t work out, we didn’t spend much to get him.

That is another pet peeve of mine. The fans only see them in games. The coaches are evaluating them every practice.

I can see comparing Rosen and Allen's numbers but Darnold outplayed Rosen significantly. Additionally Allen is a serious threat running, Rosen isnt.

Heading into 2019 based only on last year I would rank them

DARNOLD
ALLEN
ROSEN

Darnold has to improve his decision making and accuracy

ALLEN has to improve his accuracy

ROSEN has to improve his processing speed

ALLEN might have the biggest and toughest challenge of the three. It's tough improving accuracy.

This is year two so you should see separation start to take place with these QBs in 2019

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom