AFC East QB's | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB's

We've been writing the pats off for several years now and yet they won 12 games last year. I'd be very surprised if they don't win 10 games this year. That team that won 12 games last year didn't get a ton of help from Brady. That team was more than just one player.

We've been writing the pats off for several years now and yet they won 12 games last year. I'd be very surprised if they don't win 10 games this year. That team that won 12 games last year didn't get a ton of help from Brady. That team was more than just one player.
Tbh I think they will absolutely battle it out with the Bills for the division. That team is still very veteran-laden and of course Belichick is like a walking guaranteed defense.

The pats won mostly with their defense last year, and the offense was usually just good enough to get them enough points. If a Stidham-run offense can do just enough to score on 3-4 possessions that could be enough for a 10-win season in this division. I don’t expect a big drop off for them this year, though I’d be surprised to see them beat a playoff caliber offense.

It's not likely the Patriots will have the worst record in the league; it's even less likely a team would get the number 1 pick and trade out if a healthy Trevor Lawrence is available.

Anything is possible, but either scenario is unlikely. I'd bet Belichick would be targeting someone else next year too.

I would absolutely draft Lawrence and here's why...

1) It's insurance that you get the QB position right.
2) The "loser" of the competition, assuming both are great, would net you the biggest draft haul in the history of the NFL in a trade. THAT'S how you build a team. QBs are commodities and should be treated as such. You get far more value going this route than just picking BPA or whatever other player you would have picked.

Not going to argue you're wrong -it is possible. But, how likely (not opinion) do you think it would be if Miami got the #1 pick (they won't) for Miami to draft Lawrence?

I would absolutely draft Lawrence and here's why...

1) It's insurance that you get the QB position right.
2) The "loser" of the competition, assuming both are great, would net you the biggest draft haul in the history of the NFL in a trade. THAT'S how you build a team. QBs are commodities and should be treated as such. You get far more value going this route than just picking BPA or whatever other player you would have picked.

Yeah I get your point ... but we disagree ... no biggie though ... your point is well taken but to draft another QB for "insurance" without knowing what you have (and the team selected Tua because, to them, he is the answer) ... it's a waste of time and resources IMO because another top drafted QB needs reps ... Tua needs reps ... receivers, TE's and RB's need consistency ... the O-line needs to build a rapport with the starter etc ....

You're sending a message to Tua and the team that you have no faith in your own assessments from the previous year and you have no real plan ... IMO

Well as much as I respect your opinions I can't let the Patriots history of ...hmmmm ... "shady" circumstances go forgotten lol...

They knew Tom was leaving
They didn't choose a QB this draft and could have
Belichick has been praised up one side and down the other as a great HC
Something doesn't add up

I won't be surprised if the Pats have a plan to draft a QB high next draft AND maybe pick up a FA

But the point is: Wouldn't it be AWESOME to have 3-4 of the top QB's in our division!!! How entertaining would that be for a few years?

From what I've seen, the Lemmings on this board would have a "hissy fit" if we had to face that kind of opposition in our conference.

We would not hear the end of "we should have tanked" for any number of bad reasons to prevent this kind of parity to occur!

From what I've seen, the Lemmings on this board would have a "hissy fit" if we had to face that kind of opposition in our conference.

We would not hear the end of "we should have tanked" for any number of bad reasons to prevent this kind of parity to occur!

As stated earlier (or implied, I forget) I would love to see a battle of top QB's within the division .... BRING IT ... some pansies peeps just want an undefeated season every year lol ... I want to win but I want to beat top teams not sneak into the playoffs because my division sucks and my team just happens to have a GOAT at QB and a Hall of Fame coach ... no thanks ... I miss the Marino, Kelly Bledsoe type rivalries

I dont think Lawrence is even coming out in the draft until 2022.

The NCAA might not be playing fall sports this year.
The NFL might not play either but that doesn’t change the fact Lawrence will still be eligible to enter the draft whether there is a college football season or not. To be eligible to apply for the NFL draft a player becomes eligible 3 years after finishing high school.

I think Lawrence would have declared for the 2020 draft if he had been eligible but he wasn’t. It makes absolutely no sense for Lawrence to stay in school next year and wait for the 2022 draft. He will be the top pick in the 2021 draft and he has already won a national championship at Clemson.

The NFL might not play either but that doesn’t change the fact Lawrence will still be eligible to enter the draft whether there is a college football season or not. To be eligible to apply for the NFL draft a player becomes eligible 3 years after finishing high school.

I think Lawrence would have declared for the 2020 draft if he had been eligible but he wasn’t. It makes absolutely no sense for Lawrence to stay in school next year and wait for the 2022 draft. He will be the top pick in the 2021 draft and he has already won a national championship at Clemson.

According to him, and his family, he wants to graduate from Clemson.

Well as much as I respect your opinions I can't let the Patriots history of ...hmmmm ... "shady" circumstances go forgotten lol...

They knew Tom was leaving
They didn't choose a QB this draft and could have
Belichick has been praised up one side and down the other as a great HC
Something doesn't add up

I won't be surprised if the Pats have a plan to draft a QB high next draft AND maybe pick up a FA

But the point is: Wouldn't it be AWESOME to have 3-4 of the top QB's in our division!!! How entertaining would that be for a few years?

First of all last year Fitzpatrick TQBR was Number 6 in the NFL, he was the best QB in the AFC East. Secondly, I dont think Darnold and Allen will ever be top 10 QBs, there Is too much talent at that position in todays NFL and QBs like Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Ryan, Wentz, Murray and hopefully Tua will be competing for the top 5. Add Burrows, Lawrence and some others and I just dont see the AFC East having 3 of the top 5 QBs.

...really interesting how much definitive "conjecture" is passed back and forth re
a whole bunch of QBs who have (a) never played in the N F L or (b) whose track record is
pretty insignificant in real PRO terms... as if it's written in stone!

I'm just glad we got more than one glass of possibility on the top shelf!

Beyond that I'd strongly prefer we have the best QB in the NFL on our roster
and the balance of the AFCE is infested with QB ****roaches!

Let's see belicheat win with a low end QB like Shula could and teach
some of these closeted Pats fans around here a lesson!

:lol:

First of all last year Fitzpatrick TQBR was Number 6 in the NFL, he was the best QB in the AFC East. Secondly, I dont think Darnold and Allen will ever be top 10 QBs, there Is too much talent at that position in todays NFL and QBs like Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Ryan, Wentz, Murray and hopefully Tua will be competing for the top 5. Add Burrows, Lawrence and some others and I just dont see the AFC East having 3 of the top 5 QBs.

You're right on with your TQBR stats ...(I don't think Fitz can sustain that rating long term) ... your opinion is noted regarding Darnold and Allen ... I am only looking ahead at what "might" be and noting how I would enjoy it ...

I think you misunderstood me ... I really wasn't trying to say ANYBODY in our division would be rated as a top 10 QB... wasn't really trying to compare stats ... just saying how I would love to see some great divisional QB contests/rivalries spring to life ... seems more entertaining than "tanking" to me

I'd almost never consider taking a QB as high as we did and then doing it again or ending up even higher. The only scenario is if we see Tua play and there is some kind of problem with him adjusting to the Pro game or a health set back. Other than that Tua is Marino and TL is Elway or the other way around. Both guys will be stars in the NFL. Only health can derail Tua and I'm really pulling for him to have a 100% recovery and just a fantastic career as Miami Dolphin franchise QB. I guess we all are except Omar.

Back
Top Bottom