AFC East QB's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East QB's

I would draft Lawrence and trade Tua. I think both are elite, but Lawrence has a much better chance to stay healthy.

He has passed on two veterans already. BB would have no problem with a rookie.
A rook that won’t take 7 draft picks to get. If Trevor is at one and that team needs a qb he’ll be more expensive than Burrow to entice a qb team needy team to trade him, that’s not the Beli or Patriot way.

Unless Tua sucks in camp and cannot get on the field for some reason you don't draft another top QB

You would be second guessing why you chose Tua to begin with ...

You continue to work the board and build a championship TEAM .... IMO
If the Dolphins have the first pick in the 2021 draft because of they had the worst record in the league, I would definitely be drafting Lawrence. If they improve over 2019 and end up with the first pick in the draft because of the Texans pick, then I would trade that pick and get as many first round picks as possible over the coming years from the team I am trading the pick to.

I certainly don’t expect the Dolphins or Texans to finish with the worst record in the league but that is how I would handle the first pick under either scenario.

Does anyone here think the Pats may be staying put at QB to gain position in next years draft?

We should have the best QB in the division by mid-year or sooner so right now I would say its :
Bills, Jets Pats and Dolphins ... because Tua hasn't suited up yet ...

By week 8 or sooner I expect it to look like:
Dolphins, Bills, Jets and Pats

Does anyone know the compensation (if any) Brady's leaving gives the Pats?

Just wondering mif next season it will look like:
Dolphins - Tua
Patriots - Lawrence
Bills - Allen
Jets - Darnold

With 4 top drafted/rated QB's in the division will it bring back some of the glory days rivalries when Marino and Kelly were battling for years?

OK, blasphemy. Brady WAS NOT the reason for the SB appearances. Brady AND the team talent AND the coaches were the reason. QB can only take a team so far. Brady is gone, but most of the roster and coaches remain. There will be no tank job. I'll be mildly surprised if NE is less than 8-8.

I think Mach2 is right. Last 8 games, RF was the best QB in the AFC-E. Darnold and Allen, so far, are good QBs. Nothing more. Stidham? is an unknown, but I don't expect him to lead the team his first year as starter. And TT? I expect big things from him, but I also expect him to sit at least some games. If he starts game 8 (example only), he'll just be getting comfortable by end of season. I don't expect 3-4 top QBs in AFC-E at one time.

If the FO spent a top 5 on TT - after they manipulated the season for a top pick they believe TT will sit a top as the best QB

Lawrence is a lot better Herbert but still a one read QB who will take off with the ball and play into the Defence just like J Allen

I dont think Lawrence is even coming out in the draft until 2022.

The NCAA might not be playing fall sports this year.

No way NE is bad enough for the 1st overall pick.

And they won't have the assets to trade up for it either.

Not to mention that whoever gets the pick will be taking Lawrence themselves.

There are too many teams that still are inferior to the Patriots and several of them need a QB (Jags and Panthers immediately come to mind; Redskins might even be in the mix depending on how Haskins progresses). You've got two great prospects in Lawrence and Fields and I can't see anyone trading out of those spots no matter what they get offered if they need a QB.

I think Trey Lance is the wild-card in all of this. He might be a guy within NE's reach if they finished like 6-10.

I would draft Lawrence and trade Tua. I think both are elite, but Lawrence has a much better chance to stay healthy.

Interesting... They may prove as you stated to both be "elite" but I reckon they are radically different QB types.

For now at least, I tend to agree with the "really knowledgeable" mavens among us like that slimm shady

patchy dermis fella -- Trevor is a rock chucker whereas Tua is a stone skipper...

Physical prowess vs. refinement!

:lol:

You're assuming Brady is going to win in Tampa. I think he is finished myself.
He looked terrible in the 2nd half of the season. Tampa has more weapons but they’re going to have To constantly rely on Brady to win them games with how bad that defense is.

He looked terrible in the 2nd half of the season. Tampa has more weapons but they’re going to have To constantly rely on Brady to win them games with how bad that defense is.

Agreed. If you really look at how Brady has played over the last several seasons, he has been in decline for quite awhile. His deep ball dropped off first. He can go deep occasionally, but he misses a lot. He is also afraid of contact (understandably so at his age) and he will dive to the turf rather than take a shot. BB has done a great job of compensating by going short and quick passes, strengthening the defense and making the running game a point of emphasis. I don't know that Tampa can adjust the way NE could on the fly.

Unless Tua sucks in camp and cannot get on the field for some reason you don't draft another top QB

You would be second guessing why you chose Tua to begin with ...

You continue to work the board and build a championship TEAM .... IMO
I would absolutely draft Lawrence and here's why...

1) It's insurance that you get the QB position right.
2) The "loser" of the competition, assuming both are great, would net you the biggest draft haul in the history of the NFL in a trade. THAT'S how you build a team. QBs are commodities and should be treated as such. You get far more value going this route than just picking BPA or whatever other player you would have picked.

Hopefully, the Patriots have a roster good enough to be a middling team for a while with an average at best QB. Best case scenario: defense is excellent, coaching staff gets the best out of overall team, but they're just not good enough because of the QB play.

Franchise would be STUCK.

The Miami Dolphins mold in New England. You love to see it.

I would absolutely draft Lawrence and here's why...

1) It's insurance that you get the QB position right.
2) The "loser" of the competition, assuming both are great, would net you the biggest draft haul in the history of the NFL in a trade. THAT'S how you build a team. QBs are commodities and should be treated as such. You get far more value going this route than just picking BPA or whatever other player you would have picked.
I would love to see Lawrence on this team, but I'm not sure if Tua retains his value in a trade the way you might think. It would be an acknowledgement that he wasn't good enough, and may well result in having to take lower compensation, much like what happened with Rosen.

I would love to see Lawrence on this team, but I'm not sure if Tua retains his value in a trade the way you might think. It would be an acknowledgement that he wasn't good enough, and may well result in having to take lower compensation, much like what happened with Rosen.
Rosen had an entire season to look like garbage and his value only dropped a single round.

What if Tua plays at the end of the season and looks really, really good, but the rest of the year we were so bad that our record was trash? Then Lawrence comes in and they both look great in the preseason. One starts, the other comes in during injury. Whatever the crazy scenario is, at the end of that season you have two QBs.

You'll get a treasure trove for one of them. Guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom